Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times

Advertisements

That was probably the worst officiating mistakes in the history of sports. I am not kidding. Two calls that were blatantly obvious and were not called correctly due to technicalities.

The Broncos should of given the ball back to the Chargers at the end of the game.

Ed Hoculi should be fired immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
hahaha. the broncos can only beat the charges through the refs. That was 14 undeserved points due to the refs. Congratulations for winning an undeserved game.
Thank you. We'll take it.

The first controversial call wasn't. The big mouth announcers tried to make a big deal out of it, but Champ ripped that ball before the rcvr's elbow hit the turf and that's that. Show me proof otherwise. It was a good call on the field and instant replay could no way have overturned it.

Champ was on that ball like a Pride of Lions on a rib-bone.

The fumble-er-incomplete pass... well um... ooooooooooops!

SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Kendra. Them's are the breaks. The Mile-High Mystique is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Why do we even have instant replay if its going to be ****ed up anyway? The NFL should probably think about reviewing their instant replay procedures.
Well I agree with you there. On some of the worst calls in any game, you're just sitting back there saying, "That was a bad call, they'll overturn it" or "That was the right call, it'll hold" just to see the opposite. And the most crucial plays that can easily be reviewed are not reviewable.

The fumble was obviously a bad call but due to the rule with the whistle blown, you can't overturn it. San Diego definitely came out smoking in the second half and changed momentum, and Cutler kind of choked two times in the red zone when the pressure was on. The Broncos have work to do.

Quote:
But its alright that the Chargers lost. They started out bad last season but still got it together. And either ways, they are still a better team than the Bruncos. Today's game proved it. We'll be in the mix of things. And the Bruncos dont want to see us again.
The Broncos are a young team and will be more than ready and willing to get it on in San Diego. Their run defense is improved, but we've got to do something with #41. He's a little toasty after yesterday. Even Champ has got to look at film and what he's gotta do to make adjustments. Special teams needs work. We'll figure it out.

San Diego is a good team. It's good to see some competition in the otherwise weak AFC West.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you. We'll take it.

The first controversial call wasn't. The big mouth announcers tried to make a big deal out of it, but Champ ripped that ball before the rcvr's elbow hit the turf and that's that. Show me proof otherwise. It was a good call on the field and instant replay could no way have overturned it.

Champ was on that ball like a Pride of Lions on a rib-bone.

The fumble-er-incomplete pass... well um... ooooooooooops!

SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Kendra. Them's are the breaks. The Mile-High Mystique is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think this is the first win a team of mine has had with help from the refs, I am always on the other end of that. Chalk one up for ME.
Right!!!
Charger fans, you still could have won, why cant you defend with 3 on 1 in the endzone for the conversion

also if you don't go down by 3 touchdowns, you wont have to worry so much about ref mistakes. So, you see it was really all YOUR fault.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I saw the replay from 3 different angles and all of them were pretty obvious that is elbow was down before the ball came out.

It easily would of been overturned. It was a bad call.

If you think otherwise you are allowing bias to takeover your vision.
hey, if a Bronco fans says its so, than its so.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
That was probably the worst officiating mistakes in the history of sports. I am not kidding. Two calls that were blatantly obvious and were not called correctly due to technicalities.

The Broncos should of given the ball back to the Chargers at the end of the game.

Ed Hoculi should be fired immediately.
Waa!!!!!!!! What's with all the whinning? Scoreboard!

The call with Champ was the right one. He ripped that ball cleanly before Chandler or whoever that receiver was had his elbow hit the turf. It's up to you to prove Champ didn't have it at that point and there's no way you or any stupid announcers with their big fat moufs could see otherwise.

Prove it.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 AM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times
7-0 with 2 1/2 minutes to play and the Donks score 8 points on the EXACT same play. Where was the defensive coordinator?

I remember bad calls going the other way in the 42-3 game last year. Where was the uproar on those calls? Does Denver get blamed for the Bolts loss last week too?

AFC West TeamW L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
Denver Broncos 2001.000805228101-01-02-01.0002-01.0000-02W2-0
Oakland Raiders 110.5003749-1240-11-01-1.5001-1.5000-01W1-1
San Diego Chargers 020.0006265-370-10-10-1.0000-1.0000-12L0-2
Kansas City Chiefs 020.0001840-2220-10-10-1.0000-2.0000-02L0-2

Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM

Oh forgot
Attached Thumbnails
Denver BRONCOS -- Official Thread-edhochuli.jpg  

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Waa!!!!!!!! What's with all the whinning? Scoreboard!

The call with Champ was the right one. He ripped that ball cleanly before Chandler or whoever that receiver was had his elbow hit the turf. It's up to you to prove Champ didn't have it at that point and there's no way you or any stupid announcers with their big fat moufs could see otherwise.

Prove it.

Whining? Scoreboard? I am not a fan of either team. I am completely neutral. I dont really care I just like to see fair games.

The video replay proves it. If the equipment wasnt broken, I would guarantee it would of been overturned. It was OBVIOUS that his elbow was down.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Whining? Scoreboard? I am not a fan of either team. I am completely neutral. I dont really care I just like to see fair games.

The video replay proves it. If the equipment wasnt broken, I would guarantee it would of been overturned. It was OBVIOUS that his elbow was down.
I saw it again and since the ball was coming out (2 guys hands on the ball) it would depend at what point they would call it out of the receivers control. It wouldn't matter if his knee was down if he didn't have control of the ball. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football