Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

This just appeared on the Denver Broncos website an hour ago. Also heard it on KOA radio. Jay Cutler has maintained his desire to be traded. And owner Pat Bowlen has said on the website that they will accommodate him. They will be inquiring with other NFL clubs regarding a trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Can the Broncos fire this idiot coach and bring back Shanahan? Who's going to be the QB...Brady Quinn???

Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Bill Belechek (sic?) is an ogre, and it looks like Joshin' McDaniels is tryin' to be a hoodie clone.
Yeah 'cause that would be a bad thing. Belicheck is a hall of fame coach. Wouldn't want one of those in Denver.

You'd rather have a cry-baby quarterback.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:55 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Cry baby? What did Belicheck do when he got beat in SB XVII? That waste of flesh wouldn't even wait for the clock to wind down.

Cutler is a good quarterback and I'd stand behind him. Shanahan will be missed. Josh McDaniels means nothing to me. Pat Bowlen means even less.

It's become really fashionable to bash Cutler in this and call him a crybaby. Go over to the Denver Post comments and see what real Denver Bronco Fans are saying. Oh, you could care less what Bronco Fan thinks anyway.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
Say what you want about Belicheck. I said he was a hall of fame coach and he is.

Both sides fumbled this mess - management and Cutler (and Bus Cook.) But seriously, Cutler refusing to return calls to his coach and owner for 10 days. Get over it, Jay. You aren't THAT good. If you were, you'd be able to overcome a bad defense and be more than a 17-20 quarterback. You know what Jay Cutler and I have in common? We've both started the same number of play-off games. Cutler is going to be under so much pressure to perform this year after this fiasco - especially if he happens to get traded to the Jets. His feelings will get hurt every day in NY. How will he handle that?

You're right. I couldn't care less what Broncos fans think. I'm just stating my opinion as an outsider. I don't care if McDaniels does well as a coach either.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Shanahan was so good that since his Golden Cow John Elway retired he has won exactly ..........1 PLAYOFF game. He was crap as a GM too. Lets sign the entire cleveland defensive line and see how good they will be in Denver.....yeah how did that work out. Oh hey how bout that Maurice Clarett signing.... or wait wait how about that Javon Walker deal? Shanahan's claim to fame is his zone blocking O-line that makes 1000 yard backs out of average running backs. Other than that he's an average coach. Oh and he hasnt had double digit wins since gary Kubiack left for Houston.

Is McDaniels the answer, I doubt it, but hell Shanahan is no GOD himself!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
You're right. I couldn't care less what Broncos fans think. I'm just stating my opinion as an outsider. I don't care if McDaniels does well as a coach either.
Well since this is HH's thread, I'm gonna just not care about your posts in here nor your opinions within it.

The Broncos' fans lose one today and we're gonna learn what the Colts' fans pre-Peyton Manning felt like. I just wonder how long it will be before we get our Cut-That-Meat to replace what Cutler would have done here. Once Josh McDaniels' tenure goes down in a firey crash, maybe we can get a real coach back in here too.

Good points Speed. The Rat, as I used to call him, had his blunders and now his downfall. I wish he could have stepped back to QB coach or something. He didn't get it done... fix the defense that is. He sure left the offense in fine shape though! So at least we have that to look forward to next season. Oh wait

Don't forget this one stat Speed; Cutler was 13-1 when the opposition scored 21 points or less. Let's not soon forget just how pathetic the Broncos Defense has been in the last 2 years! If McDaniels can fix that, we may have some hope.

There's two good posts in this competing thread here which I refuse to post in. They are here and here.

Oh RedSocksFan, one more thing;

Go Dolphins!

And how much use did these jerseys from those fine sportsmen get in that Pro Bowl game after that SB XVII?

Well if I'm gonna go there, I might as well go all the way here;

Speed: Back on topic indeed. I could care less about the Patriots, especially in this Denver Broncos thread. HH will be in later to add some relevant topics, such as Denver Broncos management. Thanks for the rep back Speed. Or not.

The more I think about the Pats, the more I like the Steelers.

Oh, and this one good pic of mine keeps getting taken off. It must be a copyright infringement or something. You all know the one? I'll just go freehand here and see if this will fly

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-01-2009 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: add emphasis of my current mood

Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
One thing is for sure, you can say and talk all you want about the Patriots and the whole spygate thing, but the bottom line is the Trophies are still in New England and they are still the most successful team of this decade. Thats not debatable.

Back on topic.....

Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Will go a little further on this later tonight but have a quick observation on this.

When you have a car that is breaking down on you, what do you do? You fix it. When the transmission is locked up,won't downshift, and the brakes worn down to metal on metal, what do you do-replace the engine? No, you overhaul the transmission, and replace the brake drums and pads.

Denver couldn't stop a '59 Edsel for half the season. By the last month of the season not only was the transmission out but so were the brakes. The engine was running fine but the brakes and the tranny lost the last few games of the season.

The new owner of this car hasn't read the owners manual to it. He may not even have a manual to it at all. Maybe he is using the owners manual of the last vehicle he drove, but the Bronco engine he has now has overheated.

So has the fanbase.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-01-2009 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM

Very good analogy, HH. Along those lines, I just blew a head gasket. Then I decided to not get mad. What's another couple of few more years before the Broncos get back on top and enact some revenge on those chowds... remember that last game? Nothing like getting kicked when you're down.

But that's cool. We'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football