Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 11:13 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Some of you texan fans have no faith in your team. They upset the dolphins today big time & have a good chance at a wildcard if they beat the patriots next week. I hope they lose cause they have the edge over the steelers. Both are 8-7.
Texans have never made the playoffs yet alone had a winning season!
I would not call this an upset. I don't think Texans will make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
I hope the Texans make it just so this clown will have to quit posting the same thing over and over again in this thread.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's the Texans playoff guide...

Since they are at the bottom of the playoff food chain, they need to be one of only two 9-7 teams - everyone else must finish 8-8 or worse.

This is what to look for in week 16...
Texans - must beat Dolphins
Jags - lose to Patriots
Titans - lose to Chargers
Jets - lose to Colts
Dolphins - must lose to Texans and they are out

If Ravens and Broncos both win - it's over for everyone else
Other than the Colts lying down on the job, the Texans pretty much ran the table for what benefited them.

Next week will be tougher to accomplish because it may depend on who is or is not really playing to win.

Here's the deal for week 17...
  • Texans beat the Patriots obviously

And two of these results need to happen
  • Ravens lose to the Raiders
  • Broncos lose to the Chiefs
  • Jets lose to the Bengals
Texans have the early game, all others are late or later. So if they win, they will be in playoffs for at least three hours.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I could see the Jets losing but slim chance for the others.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Hey Raiders beat the Steelers. It could happen

Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Hey Raiders beat the Steelers. It could happen
Lets not forget the chiefs & browns as well. The texans though are playing a tough team but the pats coach said he will sit out some starters just like the colts did.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I hope the Texans make it just so this clown will have to quit posting the same thing over and over again in this thread.
Lol. I have nothing against the Texans. Realistically, Texans do not have a chance. They need lot of help.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:37 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
jfre81 makes a good point. Texas user, let's see some reasoning here. It's one thing to rip a team all the time. But the greater majority of people on this forum usually will bring facts and stats; strength of schedule, where they are rated offensively and defensively, injury status on the club, stuff like that.

One liners about how a club sucks grinds on me in a hurry. And a continued pattern of it is trolling in my book. Those posts will be removed and a continued pattern gets infractions. I don't expect people to be statisticians here, but I DO expect reasoning behind your posts.

Let's make it a two way debate here. Thank you.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Realistically, Texans do not have a chance. They need lot of help.
You've trolled this topic for nearly two months posting "Texans do not have a chance" or something similar, yet here the Texans are in the final week of the regular season with something to play for. I guess this is what Niner fans do when there's nothing to talk about over there and nobody wants to hear a lecture about how rad 1988 was?

The Texans needed a win and help to stay in the hunt this week, so stranger things have happened. Their chances are about 5:1 but there are a lot of intangibles on the Texans' side. The Raiders are not a bad upset bet - four of their five wins vs. teams with winning records) and the Ravens haven't been the most consistent team this year. The Bengals ideally should beat the Jets, but Cincy has a lot less to play for. Denver can look like a Super Bowl contender one week and a top-5 draft pick contender the next so depending on which Broncos team shows up, they could find a way to screw up against a Chiefs team with nothing to lose. The Steelers did.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You've trolled this topic for nearly two months posting "Texans do not have a chance" or something similar, yet here the Texans are in the final week of the regular season with something to play for. I guess this is what Niner fans do when there's nothing to talk about over there and nobody wants to hear a lecture about how rad 1988 was?

The Texans needed a win and help to stay in the hunt this week, so stranger things have happened. Their chances are about 5:1 but there are a lot of intangibles on the Texans' side. The Raiders are not a bad upset bet - four of their five wins vs. teams with winning records) and the Ravens haven't been the most consistent team this year. The Bengals ideally should beat the Jets, but Cincy has a lot less to play for. Denver can look like a Super Bowl contender one week and a top-5 draft pick contender the next so depending on which Broncos team shows up, they could find a way to screw up against a Chiefs team with nothing to lose. The Steelers did.
Texans have never made the playoffs let alone had a winning season. What makes me think they will make it this year? 49ers have 5 Super Bowl wins, 5 for 5. How many SB rings do the Texans have let alone a playoff game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football