Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,896,864 times

Advertisements

Bill, do you think we drafted Allen because physically, he was most like Cam Newton, whom our Coach and GM are enamored of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 09:34 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Drafting Josh Allen could end 20 years of Buffalo Bills QB mistakes - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN

Old 05-01-2018, 03:49 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Bill, do you think we drafted Allen because physically, he was most like Cam Newton, whom our Coach and GM are enamored of?
I think it is part of the equation but not all of it. Does he resemble Cam Newton? Honestly, that's a bit of a stretch. Cam Newton is built like no other at the position. Allen broke his collar bone his first year at Wyoming when he tried to bull over a safety. You don't want Allen running like he is Newton. He's not that freakishly big. I think a much better comparison in terms of physical build and ability is Carson Wentz. They are almost exactly the same size and weight. I think a better description of Allen is that he has a build and physical attributes of Wentz with the passing ability of Newton. With those traits he's not a bad prospect at all. Newton might not be considered a great passer, but I also wouldn't say he is a limited or a liability in that regard. This is a guy that threw for 400 yards in his very first game. And 4000 yards in his first season. 3800+ yards three times in his career.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:34 PM

What do you think of this Russ Brandon thing? It was a major surprise.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
What do you think of this Russ Brandon thing? It was a major surprise.
Long overdue.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Long overdue.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...210239084.html

Old 05-03-2018, 09:14 PM

Pegulas used personal attorneys to investigate Brandon
By Vic Carucci | Published 7:43 p.m. May 3, 2018 | Updated 1 hour ago

Terry and Kim Pegula turned to attorneys in Pittsburgh to conduct the investigation that helped lead to Russ Brandon's resignation as managing partner and president of their sports franchises and other aspects of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, three sources told The Buffalo News.

Having investigations handled by outside attorneys is not uncommon in the business world, but the situation was particularly sensitive in this case. Gregg Brandon, Russ’ brother, is executive vice president and general counsel for Pegula Sports and Entertainment. Gregg Brandon is expected to remain with the organization, a Bills source said.

The NFL is also planning to examine what caused the Pegulas to decide to part ways with Brandon. Whether the league plans to take any action has yet to be determined.

"We will discuss the matter with the club and make a decision in the next few days about what, if any, further steps we will take," a league spokesman said in a statement.

The NHL also issued a statement, attributed to league executive vice president of communications Gary Meagher: "We have consulted with the club and have determined it's appropriately a club matter."

Brandon resigned Tuesday amid allegations of workplace and personal misconduct, two sources told The News. Kim Pegula, who co-owns the Bills, Sabres, Bandits and Rochester Americans with husband Terry, replaced Brandon as president.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon that an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources said the investigation was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied the relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

A former longtime NFL executive familiar with Brandon and the Bills' operation under the ownership of the late Ralph Wilson and the Pegulas said Brandon should have had greater awareness of recent headlines generated by transgressions in the workplace.

"Whatever goes on in your personal life, in most cases, that's not our business," the former executive told The News. "You have a couple things, though, you have to keep in mind. One is, you can't let it cross over into the workplace. There's laws and there's culture around that and that's just a zone you don't enter into. I don't know the facts here and it doesn't matter to me, it's not my business to know. But if, in fact, it did cross over to the workplace, that's something, I mean, just look at the environment that we're in, all the personalities that have been taken down by that.

"If they did it off to the side and it had nothing to do with a subordinate or somebody else in the workplace, then it never comes to the light of day and it's between them and that moral compass with their family to deal with it and not something for the rest of us to pay any attention to."

The former executive said he thought the 2015 expansion of Brandon's duties beyond being president of the Bills contributed to his downfall. Brandon, the former NFL executive thought, might very well have forgotten that the consequences of his actions impacted more than just himself. They affected those around him.

"When you take a job like this ... I was as responsible for the person cutting the grass, the person cleaning out the facilities, the people building the facilities, those people all depended on me doing the job right and doing it appropriately," the former executive said. "I don't know what took place here, but if, in fact, there were mistakes that were made, when you take a job like this and you accept the trappings that come along with it, all the excitement, the position, the title and everything else, you've got to step up and accept the responsibility for all those other people who have hitched their wagon, their career, their families and their hopes and dreams to your wagon.

"You've got to earn that trust every day."

News Sports Reporters Tim Graham and Mark Gaughan contributed to this report.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:22 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think it is part of the equation but not all of it. Does he resemble Cam Newton? Honestly, that's a bit of a stretch. Cam Newton is built like no other at the position. Allen broke his collar bone his first year at Wyoming when he tried to bull over a safety. You don't want Allen running like he is Newton. He's not that freakishly big. I think a much better comparison in terms of physical build and ability is Carson Wentz. They are almost exactly the same size and weight. I think a better description of Allen is that he has a build and physical attributes of Wentz with the passing ability of Newton. With those traits he's not a bad prospect at all. Newton might not be considered a great passer, but I also wouldn't say he is a limited or a liability in that regard. This is a guy that threw for 400 yards in his very first game. And 4000 yards in his first season. 3800+ yards three times in his career.
Now, the team just needs to get some WR's or at least have the ones that are there now to step it up for the upcoming season.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/05/21/it-loo...nt-didnt-last/

Old 06-23-2018, 09:15 AM

What really happened: The Buffalo News loses half their sports staff in the span of a month:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...ason-john-vogl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football