Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 07:10 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,341,914 times

Advertisements

I dont feel bad for the management or the players. I feel bad for the fans. Make this the 15th year the ****ing bills miss the playoffs.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 11:00 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,871,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
I dont feel bad for the management or the players. I feel bad for the fans. Make this the 15th year the ****ing bills miss the playoffs.
Another year in the books, another year missing the playoffs.

I think this one will hurt for people because the team as a whole is very good. A few shortcomings are holding them back.

That said, it was a fun year to be a Bills fan, and I have not had many of those recently!

Old 12-22-2014, 09:51 PM

6,327 posts, read 3,567,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Another year in the books, another year missing the playoffs.

I think this one will hurt for people because the team as a whole is very good. A few shortcomings are holding them back.

That said, it was a fun year to be a Bills fan, and I have not had many of those recently!
The team has plenty of short falls. The one positive is that they have not been blown out all season. Not even the Patriots can lay claim to that.

Offensively they have major issues. When you only run for 13 yards on 13 carries. That is a big problem. And QB obviously is a huge issue and a question mark going into next season. The defense is good, at times great, but at other times, like yesterday leaves you wondering what the heck happened. The defense made ZERO big plays against the Raiders. And with playoffs on the line, you just can't have that.

I am looking forward to playing the AFC South next year. We went 0-4 against the AFC West this year, arguably the toughest division in football even with a poor Raider team. If we can turn that 0-4 record around to 3-1 against the South that could mean another decent season and one in which maybe we will actually hold a couple tie breakers down the stretch.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:44 PM

40 posts, read 37,283 times
lol, lot of negative posters here

If they could a qb and an rb, they will fight the Patriots next year for the division

Old 12-27-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthur329 View Post
lol, lot of negative posters here

If they could a qb and an rb, they will fight the Patriots next year for the division
RB is fine. Dixon and Brown are more than serviceable assuming Spiller lands with another team next year. I still like Fred and hope he comes back for one more year. When you run for 13 yards, RB is not the problem. O-line play is.

It will be interesting to see what we do about the QB position for next year. Has the coaching staff given up completely on EJ Manuel or are they willing to give him a serious look as the starter going into next season? The only two QBs I would be excited about trading for would be Kaep and RGII, but I don't see their GMs giving up on them just yet.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:58 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,417,985 times
To me at least, Kyle Orton starting next year would be completely unpalatable and a non-starter. I would be fine with EJ starting. I want to see what he can do. I don't want jay cutler whatsoever and I hate that that rumor has gotten so much currency. That's like my worst nightmare. I want someone young who hasn't already failed at some other team.

Hindsight is 20/20 but benching EJ was probably a mistake. He could have been developing all year instead of languishing on the backburner.

My vote goes toward starting EJ next year and committing to letting him finish the year no matter what. If he fails, draft a qb in 2016.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,417,985 times
And it is frustrating knowing we were so close, but at the end of the day still just not good enough. That our defense has made a name for itself and is actually feared by other teams. That we were competitive in every single game this year. I so want us to be the underrated scrappy underdogs 100% of the time like in the Packers game and not the reliably disappointing trainwrecks of the Raiders game.

We do have an owner who cares. Really buffalo fans lucked out that the pegulas purchased the team. But they are going to take time to impose their will and reform the morale and culture of the team, and we fans don't have time. It's so frustrating

Old 12-28-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
To me at least, Kyle Orton starting next year would be completely unpalatable and a non-starter. I would be fine with EJ starting. I want to see what he can do. I don't want jay cutler whatsoever and I hate that that rumor has gotten so much currency. That's like my worst nightmare. I want someone young who hasn't already failed at some other team.

Hindsight is 20/20 but benching EJ was probably a mistake. He could have been developing all year instead of languishing on the backburner.

My vote goes toward starting EJ next year and committing to letting him finish the year no matter what. If he fails, draft a qb in 2016.
I agree with you that Orton as the starter next year does not give us much hope. It makes you wonder about EJ though. Orton has been really bad for about 5-6 weeks now. It would make sense to give EJ a shot this week against NE to see what he has learned. But Marrone came out and said that Orton still gives the team the best chance to win so he is sticking with Orton. If Marrone is being honest, that does not speak well about EJ.

I wonder if there is any chance we go QB in the second or third round? Such a move could point to the Bills throwing in the towel on EJ all together.

I'd really like to see us extend Dareus this off-season if possible and avoid letting him contemplate free agency during the season next year. I would like to see us re-sign Hughes too. Although, I won't be terribly mad if he leaves with a really big contract from another team.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:54 PM

11,132 posts, read 10,898,077 times
Can someone post a list of possible QB options the Bills have to choose from in the upcoming draft? I really don't follow college football that closely. We know Mariotta won't end up there. Also, what are the possible free agent QB acquisitions Buffalo could secure to possibly fix this situation? Somebody earlier mentioned a possibility of Kaepernick or RGIII. Really, what are Buffalo's options at this point?

I think they have already given up on Manuel, and Orton is pretty much done as a first stringer, although I'd like to see him kept as a competent backup. Somebody, please give me some possible options Buffalo would consider.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:08 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,771,188 times
Need help on offense line & QB upgrade. Bills aren't that far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football