Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 09:09 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times

Advertisements

Thanks for fielding that one Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 09:50 AM

6,415 posts, read 4,911,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'm in Califronia but from what I gather, you hear talk about Ryan's defensive scheme not being the right fit for the Bills personnel.

But seriously, the biggest issue is injuries on the offensive side of the ball. The D has played two of the best offenses in the NFL and has looked real bad in those two games. But they've been good in the others including one half against the Giants. Again, this team is 4-3 if Tyrod plays last week and the mood around Buffalo is a complete 180. Instead were 3-4. Nobody likes to be 3-4 unless you started 0-3 or 1-4.

There was talk about Whaley the GM going behind the coaching staffs back and trading Cassel to promote his guy EJ to the second QB spot. Meh. Who knows if that is true. Both QB's stink as we saw last week. Maybe we win with Cassel last week but certainly no guarantee.
The biggest issue to me is lack on an experienced football guy to advise the wonderful new owners. The Bills have a tradition of losing for 15 years and it needs to be changed. Until we do that its like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Just because Cassel didn't win with Dallas doesn't mean it was a good idea to trade him. Leaving the team with erratic E.J. was not the best move. The glory years, as I have stated previously, were when we had Bill Polian who was one of the greatest personnel men in the history of the game. Until we get an experienced guy like AJ Smith with the Redskins or Charlie Casserly with the Jets we will have more of the same, losing and lots of excuses why.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:22 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
I'd have the same feeling in my stomach as I do now if it were Cassel who were still here and we traded EJ. And it's not a warm and fuzzy feeling.

If Taylor is out this team is in a bad way, simple as that. And let's hope Taylor keeps playing well when he comes back. Will be one less problem to solve.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:40 AM

I think having Cassel vs EJ is at least Cassel can lend some veteran experience to the equation. He can give pointers to Taylor. He has also been in winning organizations and has a better scope of what it takes to win or lose. We should never have been put in this position and had at least a developmental Quarterback somewhere.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Well looks like my wish came true. Bills won their bye week. Both the Steelers and Jets lose. Jets are who I thought they were. Looked good beating up bad teams but they've got 3 losses now and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

Raiders currently hold the first wild card and the Jets the 6th spot. Followed by Steelers and then Bills. Steelers and Raiders play each other next week so one is guaranteed to drop another game.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:06 PM

Its a sad state of affairs when the best we can hope for is other teams to lose so can we sneak into the playoffs. The long suffering Bills fans and our wonderful new owners deserve more than this. The Jets and Dolphins are not looking too good or is Pittsburgh but those teams have 9 Superbowl Championships between them. The Jets are on the rise even though they hit a rough patch since they lost both starting quarterbacks. The Dolphins need a new Coach and Pittsburgh will right the ship, they always do. I would love to see the Bills dominate instead of just being endlessly mediocre.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Its a sad state of affairs when the best we can hope for is other teams to lose so can we sneak into the playoffs. The long suffering Bills fans and our wonderful new owners deserve more than this. The Jets and Dolphins are not looking too good or is Pittsburgh but those teams have 9 Superbowl Championships between them. The Jets are on the rise even though they hit a rough patch since they lost both starting quarterbacks. The Dolphins need a new Coach and Pittsburgh will right the ship, they always do. I would love to see the Bills dominate instead of just being endlessly mediocre.
Don't be so doom and gloom. If we make it to the playoffs it will because we WON games, like 9 or 10, not because other teams are losing games. But yes, it will help if the 6th seed doesn't require 11 wins. Nothing wrong with hoping for that.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Don't be so doom and gloom. If we make it to the playoffs it will because we WON games, like 9 or 10, not because other teams are losing games. But yes, it will help if the 6th seed doesn't require 11 wins. Nothing wrong with hoping for that.
Sorry Bill I can't help feeling gloomy after 15 years of no playoffs. We have a high priced roster and "good coach" and we are still going nowhere. After we get a good football mind in there maybe I will have some hope.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 PM

Huge game for sure. Won't be ready to call it a season yet if we lose though. I'm hoping New England wins this week because I've had a good feeling about that Monday night game all year. But you don't want to play the Pats after a loss.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:00 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Sorry Bill I can't help feeling gloomy after 15 years of no playoffs. We have a high priced roster and "good coach" and we are still going nowhere. After we get a good football mind in there maybe I will have some hope.
Maybe Jim Kelly in the front office and Bill Cowher on the sidelines....... A Tom Brady clone under center could never hurt either.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football