Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 06:59 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
What a sad state of affairs. The team which we had such high hopes for has regressed. Total offense 13th Total defense 20th. Last year we had an elite defense and now we have a below average one. Our defensive genius coach was supposed to improve it and instead it is much worse. The only thing we lead the league in is penalties. This team is a disaster with a different excuse for losing each week. We need a new regime starting with a new head of operations. look what happened with the Jets and Redskins, they are on the upswing. The Jets at week 13 2014 season 2-10, Jets with new coach week 13 2015 season 8-5. Draw your own conclusions. We haven't even come close to hitting bottom yet and we will limp along in mediocrity until something drastic is done. The current crew is not getting it done and to expect a miraculous turnaround is pure fantasy.
.....Yesterday, the defense that you are killing kept the Eagles out of the end zone in the 2nd half. The penalties is what killed them yesterday.

Look at the most recent weeks:

They beat the Jets
took it to the patriots and almost won
lost a close game on the road to a very hot Chiefs team
Beat a HOT texans team
Lost on the road a tough game to the Eagles...

Sometimes you can't make chicken salad out of you know what. Bills are an average to good team. This is Rex's 1st year w/them. See if there is improvement in year 2 and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:36 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,908,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
.....Yesterday, the defense that you are killing kept the Eagles out of the end zone in the 2nd half. The penalties is what killed them yesterday.

Look at the most recent weeks:

They beat the Jets
took it to the patriots and almost won
lost a close game on the road to a very hot Chiefs team
Beat a HOT texans team
Lost on the road a tough game to the Eagles...

Sometimes you can't make chicken salad out of you know what. Bills are an average to good team. This is Rex's 1st year w/them. See if there is improvement in year 2 and go from there.
Those games you mentioned 3 losses and 2 wins. Rex's first 2 years with the Jets 20-12. Rex's next 4 26-38.
Rex's last year with Jets 4-12. Jets record so far this year is 8-5. This so sad, the best we can hope for is that our defense returns to what it was last year. Come on we want and deserve much better than this. When the season started we expected, with good reason, a top 5 defense and what do we have? I am tired of "lets wait till next year" and "the team is young and will get better". Our last playoff game was 1999. Come on guys we are tired of all the excuses, our city is on the upswing and we need the Bills to come along for the ride.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:53 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
What a sad state of affairs. The team which we had such high hopes for has regressed. Total offense 13th Total defense 20th. Last year we had an elite defense and now we have a below average one. Our defensive genius coach was supposed to improve it and instead it is much worse. The only thing we lead the league in is penalties. This team is a disaster with a different excuse for losing each week. We need a new regime starting with a new head of operations. look what happened with the Jets and Redskins, they are on the upswing. The Jets at week 13 2014 season 2-10, Jets with new coach week 13 2015 season 8-5. Draw your own conclusions. We haven't even come close to hitting bottom yet and we will limp along in mediocrity until something drastic is done. The current crew is not getting it done and to expect a miraculous turnaround is pure fantasy.

And yet, we will likely sweep the Jets this year just like last year. I honestly don't see the Jets as being a better team than us, despite what their record may or may not end up being this year. I commend the Jets for bringing in some pieces that really helped their team, most noteably Marshall and Fitz. And Revis to an extent. But come on now, if the Bills brought in Fitz and Marshall you know you would be ranting about bringing in a headcase receiver and journeyman QB. But I don't set my bar to to be better than the Jets so I am still dissapointed. A lot of things have happened this year but there are positives. The offense took about as big a leap up as the defense took down. So that is a positive sign. Defensively, I think our unit was over rated last year. It's not like they had been dominate for 2-3 years. For all we know they could have regressed this year under any coach. Also, Kyle Williams has missed how many games now? Aaron Williams how many games? Bradham? Even Gilmore and Mario have missed a game each now. Injuries have riddled this team on both sides of the field. Defensively they had one year where they finished 4th. It's not like they were dominant. They finished 4th Could have certainly been a mirage. It's not like they were on Seattle dominant level. Go look up the yardage numbers and see how much better a real dominant defense was. I think they were like at least 40 ypg better. You want to see a dominate defense, look at the yardage totals Seattle has given up in the last few seasons.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Those games you mentioned 3 losses and 2 wins. Rex's first 2 years with the Jets 20-12. Rex's next 4 26-38.
Rex's last year with Jets 4-12. Jets record so far this year is 8-5. This so sad, the best we can hope for is that our defense returns to what it was last year. Come on we want and deserve much better than this. When the season started we expected, with good reason, a top 5 defense and what do we have? I am tired of "lets wait till next year" and "the team is young and will get better". Our last playoff game was 1999. Come on guys we are tired of all the excuses, our city is on the upswing and we need the Bills to come along for the ride.

And you have the answers?

Bringing in a football mind? What in the world does that even mean? Who are you throwing out?

Constantly changing the front office and coaching staff is not a hallmark of success.

BTW, where were you last week? Like clock work you show up after a loss.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Its the same problem IMO as with Cleveland. Constant changing of leadership is not the answer. You can't expect a 2 or 3 seed in year 1 w/Rex. Yes, the Jets made it to 2 AFC Championships w/Rex.

All I'm saying is that it seems like constant doom and gloom and unfairly picking out the negatives...

To be fair you have to give a couple years and evaluate. I know that is most don't want to hear, but its very rare for someone to come in and dominate.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:05 AM

From the Buffalo News "Tyrod Taylor: The numbers speak for themselves: the Bills are now 0-5 in games in which Taylor attempts more than 30 passes -- and 6-0 when he doesn't. Granted, his offensive line didn't do him any favors, but three times in the past four weeks, the Bills have gotten the ball back on offense with a chance to drive for the tying or go-ahead points and Taylor hasn't been able to get the job done. If there is a reason to doubt whether he's the franchise quarterback going forward, that's it."

Constantly changing leadership is only necessary if you have the wrong leadership to begin with.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
but three times in the past four weeks, the Bills have gotten the ball back on offense with a chance to drive for the tying or go-ahead points and Taylor hasn't been able to get the job done.
His collarbone was shot against the patriots coming down the stretch.....threw a bad pick there at the end against the Eagles.

Cant comment on the finish of the others...

Old 12-14-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
His collarbone was shot against the patriots coming down the stretch.....threw a bad pick there at the end against the Eagles.

Cant comment on the finish of the others...
More excuses for losing. Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
More excuses for losing. Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose.
Ha! Yeah, I guess so...

So, you're saying Taylor is not the answer?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Ha! Yeah, I guess so...

So, you're saying Taylor is not the answer?
Thundarr has never been a fan of Taylor.

My viewpoint is that Taylor certainly is not the problem. He might not be a franchise guy but there are a lot of guys that are not franchise guys and they still have success. Is Matt Ryan a franchise guy? By certain definitions I guess he probably is.

To be honest the problem is not easy to pin point right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football