Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 09:02 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,764,503 times

Advertisements

Our first 2 draft picks are done for a good part of the season. We got rid of Kiki because of his injury history and replace him with a player we moved up the draft to get and now has a similar injury. We are reduce to signing free agent castoffs. We will see what a defensive genius Rex is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 09:38 AM

6,327 posts, read 3,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Our first 2 draft picks are done for a good part of the season. We got rid of Kiki because of his injury history and replace him with a player we moved up the draft to get and now has a similar injury. We are reduce to signing free agent castoffs. We will see what a defensive genius Rex is now.
Kiki was a four game wonder so I don't shed any tears in losing him. Probably the most over rated Bills player in a while. On top of an injury history, he just ended up not being better than average. Kiki has had two full ACL tears and a partial ACL tear in the last 6 seasons or so going back to college. As far as I know this is Raglands first ACL injury

While this is a blow, if we put things in perspective, we are getting A. Williams and K. Williams back. Both are proven veteran players who missed the majority of last season. Getting those two player back SHOULD have a larger impact than losing two unproven rookies.

Now the negative is, inevitabley, with the season not even started yet, someone else on the D will eventually go down. So we will see how things play out.

If we end up having a injury riddled season like last year, which was far more than just two rookie players, we will finish no better than 6-10 or 7-9.

Also, we can look at Brandon Spikes as a cast off that nobody really wanted if we want to, but facts are, he played a big part for us two seasons ago in the 2014 defense that finished 4th in the NFL. I would expect Spikes and Zack Brown to rotate in and out. Spikes being the primary run defender and Z.Brown being the primary pass defender.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:40 PM

We are also thin on the OL as well. Cordy already has an ankle problem. I am hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 PM

Cordy should be fine. It's a high ankle sprain. Kind of injury that takes 2-4 weeks to heal, but since the injury happened a few days ago and we are still some 30 days away from the first game, even if the recovery is on the long side of that estimate, he should be in good shape to go for the opener.

Obviously, we don't want to get too banged up, but even last year, we missed Miller for a good chunk of the season. Inevitably a lineman will go down for at least a few games at some point. I mean it is more likely to happen than not. We just don't want it to be 2-3 guys going down all at the same time.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:38 PM

From NFL.com

Regressing

5) Buffalo Bills' defense: I really liked the Bills' first two draft selections. Now, one is done for the year and the other is out until at least midseason. Yikes. This is awful news in a hot-seat year for the head coach filled with hot air, Rex Ryan.

Reggie Ragland was a second-round steal -- exactly the kind of instinctive tackling machine Buffalo needed in the middle of this defense. Now the linebacker's going under the knife with a torn ACL. Ouch.

In late April, the Bills loudly, arrogantly and ignorantly boasted that -- contrary to many reports -- first-round pick Shaq Lawson would be ready to rock in Year 1. By mid-May, the pass rusher was ticketed for shoulder surgery. On Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Lawson is "not expected to return until October at earliest."

This Bills defense -- this Bills team -- will take a step back in 2016. And Buffalo will need a new coach

Old 08-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
From NFL.com

Regressing

5) Buffalo Bills' defense: I really liked the Bills' first two draft selections. Now, one is done for the year and the other is out until at least midseason. Yikes. This is awful news in a hot-seat year for the head coach filled with hot air, Rex Ryan.

Reggie Ragland was a second-round steal -- exactly the kind of instinctive tackling machine Buffalo needed in the middle of this defense. Now the linebacker's going under the knife with a torn ACL. Ouch.

In late April, the Bills loudly, arrogantly and ignorantly boasted that -- contrary to many reports -- first-round pick Shaq Lawson would be ready to rock in Year 1. By mid-May, the pass rusher was ticketed for shoulder surgery. On Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Lawson is "not expected to return until October at earliest."

This Bills defense -- this Bills team -- will take a step back in 2016. And Buffalo will need a new coach
The thing none of these insiders know, because they can't follow all 32 teams as closely as a fan of an individual team, is how injury riddled the Bills were on both sides of the ball.

Is the addition of A.Williams and K.Williams with the subtraction of Lawson and Ragland not a wash?

Then on the offensive side add the likelihood of having guys like McCoy, Taylor, Watkins, Clay, Woods, Miller all miss significantly less time.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:09 PM

A Williams got injured today and almost retired last year because of neck injury.

Aaron Williams Injury: Updates on Bills Safety's Concussion and Return | Bleacher Report

Old 08-12-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
A Williams got injured today and almost retired last year because of neck injury.

Aaron Williams Injury: Updates on Bills Safety's Concussion and Return | Bleacher Report
It's a concussion. Not his neck. Big difference.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:11 PM

Thundarr, what are your thoughts on Tyrod's new contract extension? Seems pretty team friendly with many buy outs. And $15 million per year is dirt cheap for a starting QB.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,516,486 times
I'm happy to see my fellow Tidewater native get paid. I think the Bills have him the 23rd ranked QB contract which is where I'd place him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football