Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
We'll see how it shakes out! How many times has more than one team in a division made the playoffs? Packers have issues and more may show with Clay + Brad Jones out on the "D"! I think they can beat Ravens even at home, important to get a road win!

Thing about Bears/Packers, they are evenly matched this year, especially if "good" Jay stays on track! Marshall is good but I trust Packers WRs more (of course)!
I looked on the web and....

In 2006, The Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants all made the playoffs from the NFC East.
Also, in 2011, the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals made the playoffs from the AFC North.

Essentially all 3 teams would arguably need to go AT LEAST 8-4 vs. the vikes and the rest of the league and then go 1-3, 2-2 against the other two teams that make the playoffs putting them at roughly 10-6 each.

If the Bears split their remaining 4 games in conference that puts them 6-4 so they'd need to go maybe 4-2 in the rest of the games.

I think it's quite possible since the only other team I think is wildcard competition would be San Fran in the NFC west. The NFC east sucks and the NFC south only has New Orleans with Atlanta falling apart to 1-4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Interesting and thanks for checking! This season is going to be a strange one, I think. Kind of like 2010 when the NFC West had Seahawks 7-9 in the playoffs, and now many have them as the SB pick. Back then 49ers were bad, too.

I think Bugs is yanking my chain, would not give up on the Bears that easy and never would say the Packers are better!!!

Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Interesting and thanks for checking! This season is going to be a strange one, I think. Kind of like 2010 when the NFC West had Seahawks 7-9 in the playoffs, and now many have them as the SB pick. Back then 49ers were bad, too.

I think Bugs is yanking my chain, would not give up on the Bears that easy and never would say the Packers are better!!!
Susan, you are an intelligent, informed poster with a modest bias towards the team you support. I wish we had a million posters like you.

If the Packers push past the rest of the division, we can root for them together in the later rounds.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM

Thanks so much! Might come from being "older", watching with my dad (he liked Packers), hated Chicago teams, and I would say I kind of like the Bears to get him started!

With the internet age, sports TV, some would call me a bandwagon fan because I have supported Bears and Packers. Living in NE Wis. now instead of Illinois, hard not being totally into the Packers. I do follow all 4 north teams and would support whoever goes furthest in the playoffs.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Thanks so much! Might come from being "older", watching with my dad (he liked Packers), hated Chicago teams, and I would say I kind of like the Bears to get him started!

With the internet age, sports TV, some would call me a bandwagon fan because I have supported Bears and Packers. Living in NE Wis. now instead of Illinois, hard not being totally into the Packers. I do follow all 4 north teams and would support whoever goes furthest in the playoffs.
I'll stand behind the Bears or the Packers if they make the playoffs (but not both until one is eliminated). I'm too indifferent about the Vikings to support them. But there's just too much low-class behavior in the Lions organization these days for me to support them in any way.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:24 AM

True about the Lions, in some ways I feel those high profile, talented players would be different if they were on a no nonsense, highly structured, disciplined environment.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,484 times
I'm all about supporting midwest teams, but not when they are in the same division at my teams. With the Tigers in the playoffs, as a Sox fan I am rooting for the Red Sox. I can't stand the Packers, or the Lions. Indifferent about the Vikings, they just need to lose more then the Bears.

I'm not going to jinx anything, but our record should be pretty good going into the bye.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:

Well, we are another week closer to have 3 teams from the division making the playoffs.

Looking at the standings though, you have San Fran and maybe Philly as potential wildcard threats to the other 2 teams.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'll stand behind the Bears or the Packers if they make the playoffs (but not both until one is eliminated). I'm too indifferent about the Vikings to support them. But there's just too much low-class behavior in the Lions organization these days for me to support them in any way.
Yeah, but I kinda feel sorry for the Lions. I remember all those god-awful seasons they would have and the Detroit area has been hit hard the last decade plus in the economy so if the Bears and Pack are out, I can see myself rooting for Detroit.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 AM

570 posts, read 581,082 times
Quote:

not yanking your chain...you got a gift from the ravens...as for me I cannot root for our rivals...
[especially when I hear the chant bears still suck] so I will always root against them...
my favorite season 2 years ago when the almost went undefeated thenchoked to the giants in the playoffs...It still brings a smile to my face...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football