Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 09:02 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Emery is the one who signed Cutler to that big money contract based on nothing, isn't he? Ive never seen a single game from Cutler, nevermind a season, that justified paying him league high money.
I'm not sure why you are directing that question towards me...? I never said Emery should not get fired, I said I was surprised they did fire him. Large shakeups in higher rankings are rare with the teams, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 01:27 PM

236 posts, read 370,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The people who were responsible for giving Cutler that ridiculous contract should be gone. It was a bonehead move with predictable results.
If you look at McClown's stats down in Tampa with Lovey they were nothing to write home about:

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT

11 184 327 56.3 2,206 6.75 11 56 14 9 35.7 70.5

By comparison Cutler was certainly numerically better:

15 370 561 66.0 3,812 6.80 28 74 18 9 54.0 88.6

Jim Harbaugh had lots of good things to say about David Fales when you guys drafted him - might be worth a long look next year.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
From the day Cutler came to Chicago, we've heard nothing but "If only he had..." about many things
If only he had a decent O-line
If only he had decent receivers
If only he had a coach who was willing to work with him (Meaning: A coach he was willing to work with)
Etc. etc.
So yeah, let's add Shanahan to the pile of things Cutler needs to be a serviceable quarterback. May as well, we've tried just about everything else. It's Cutler we're talking about, though, so we could give him all of these things and a pet unicorn and he would still suck.
Funny how the actual elite QBs in the NFL just go out and play kick ass football without the laundry list of "If onlys" that a scrub like Cutler has.
When it comes right down to it, Shanahan may be the only one willing to put up with Cutler, and we're stuck with Cutler for a while, so...

Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
. . . The Lions tried to start choking their way right out of the playoffs as is their custom . . .
. . . choosing instead to get to the playoffs and then choke. To the Cowboys of all teams, kings of post-season chokeage. But I'm sure the Pack will take care of 'em next week.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:30 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,913,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
. . . choosing instead to get to the playoffs and then choke. To the Cowboys of all teams, kings of post-season chokeage. But I'm sure the Pack will take care of 'em next week.
I sincerely hope that after tonight's officiating debacle, and obnoxious Cowboy cheerleading from Buck/Aikman, that the Pack sends them back to Dallas freeze-dried..

Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Several net sources are reporting that John Fox will soon be named head coach of the Chicago Bears.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
So are Bears fans happy with John Fox and what will happen with Cutler?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:38 PM

I think Bears fans are learning to approach any news of personnel changes or player acquisitions with cautious optimism at best. Those of us who are also Cubs fans have a lot of practice at that.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wycoyote View Post
If you look at McClown's stats down in Tampa with Lovey they were nothing to write home about:

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT

11 184 327 56.3 2,206 6.75 11 56 14 9 35.7 70.5

By comparison Cutler was certainly numerically better:

15 370 561 66.0 3,812 6.80 28 74 18 9 54.0 88.6

Jim Harbaugh had lots of good things to say about David Fales when you guys drafted him - might be worth a long look next year.
I like Fales, saw him play at SJ State. He's got that "touch" that great QBs have, and I agree.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So are Bears fans happy with John Fox and what will happen with Cutler?
It seems that the consensus is that it is at least a very good hire, especially considering the options. There were a lot of folks who seemed to want Rex Ryan, given the Buddy Ryan connection, but I am not sure about wanting a coach who was in a similar position with the JETS Jets Jets Jets and who failed pretty miserably, and a few who wanted Shanahan, but I think that Fox can't do anything but improve on the quality of play and play calling over what Trestman was getting and calling. The Bears haven't hired an experienced HC since the 50s, and Fox has a proven track record. The rest of the best candidates were coordinators at their previous positions (I am excluding Ryan and Shanahan because I don't believe that they were ever considered).

There are a few folks who don't like it, bemoaning that Fox had gotten to the SB with two different teams and not won, and they don't like his playoff record. Well, seriously, the Bears haven't had a whole lot of playoff visits, so I don't understand. Right now, he is a massive upgrade over a coach that local sports stations had dubbed "Doctor Death".

Cutler, who knows... right now, there are not a lot of options in FA for a QB, and the Bears' needs run so deep on the defensive side of the ball, I don't see that they are going to draft a QB, unless it is in the late rounds, and I suppose that a team could find something of value in the late rounds, but really, that happens so rarely, I think that Cutty will be around for at least another year. It is clear that he is another guy with physical skills, but who doesn't quite get the game of football like the best QBs, he will never live up to that potential, and there is no "fixing" him, or getting him the tools. But, who knows, they could shock me and trade or cut him, taking a massive loss either way.

I am pretty sure that Marshall will be gone, and soon. Too toxic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football