Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times

Advertisements

they are going to say that though. that's just the way it is. the comon theme is/was brett favre. favre was a packer, they went 13-3. they trade favre and they are worse. people who don't look at it, with depth, will just simply equate it to the loss of favre instead of injuries or loss of other players. but people who know football realize the truth. the problem is the majority of people will blame the packers' .500 season on the loss of Brett Favre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Well, that's the way it is for me. No Packers on TV here on FOX. It was the Texans on CBS and Disney on Ice or something like that on FOX. Simply put, I see no other games on TV when the Texans are playing. Maybe you're outside the Chiefs' territory? (I live practically within walking distance of Reliant Stadium.)

No, I live in the city limits of KCMO and are about 15 minutes from Arrowhead.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Okay I saw Terry Bradshaw Rip the Packers and say they would be better with Favre this year. Im sorry but if you look at the stats Rodgers has a better QB rating trails Favre by two TD passes but Favre has DOUBLE the Int's Rodgers does. Maybe the reason we are 5-5 is because Ryan Grant has not produced on the same level he did last year. Maybe it's because our defense has been average and thats being generous. I am sick an tired of everyone blaming the reason we are 5-5 on losing Favre when really thats not why.

You cant compare their stats because they play on different teams, with different supporting players, and have played different opponents. No one knows what Favre's stats would be if he was a Packer. No one knows if the Packers would have a better record. Everyone can speculate all they want but no one can answer that question.

I agree with your assessment of Grant. I have never been sold on him and I dont think he is our RB of the future or atleast he shouldnt be.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I agree with your assessment of Grant. I have never been sold on him and I dont think he is our RB of the future or atleast he shouldnt be.

I think that he would be a better RB if he shared his role. I wouldn't mind us drafting another RB and doing what Dallas does with Barber and Jones.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I think that he would be a better RB if he shared his role. I wouldn't mind us drafting another RB and doing what Dallas does with Barber and Jones.

Me neither.

I was hoping that they would sign Shaun Alexander in the offseason as a second RB and that would give another pair of solid legs as well as someone for Grant to learn from.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Me neither.

I was hoping that they would sign Shaun Alexander in the offseason as a second RB and that would give another pair of solid legs as well as someone for Grant to learn from.
Alexander would have been a good addition, but Grant goes as the o-line goes. The o-line had a great game v the Bears and Grant looked very good. Grant will never be a Marion Barber (that guy is a freak) but I'm good with him as the first option for the Pack. Heck yes, another guy to get the ball would be good. Maybe they could pick up "Edge" from the Cardnials now that Hightower has sent James to the bench. He's still got a little in the tank and would be a great teacher.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:43 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
Official: The Packers season is now over.

That is all.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:46 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Official: The Packers season is now over.

That is all.

UGH sadly you are correct. I mean special teams anyone? Maybe some defense?

We better have a awesome draft and off season

Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbg View Post
This just in -Bret Favre "was" the glue that held the cheeze on the football fork!
Favre (or lack of) had nothing to do with the defense, or the punt/kickoff coverage. Although he probably would have been better yesterday than anybody out there. Feel free to mix in a tackle! I'm still fine with Rogers and the offense. The play calling? Not so much. Special teams and some wussy play calling lost yet another game they should have won. What-ya-gonna-do?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Favre missing isnt the problem. The offense has played well. The defense is the main issue. They have been terribly inconsistent and are giving up huge plays when they need to be making stops.The season is likely over. However, the rest of the schedule is soft and as inconsistent as Chicago and Minny have been they could still win the division. It's unlikely but it could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football