U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 03:13 PM

13,723 posts, read 25,291,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
i remember several years ago when all of the Chicago Bears' rivals selected new coaches and i could not have been happier!

Packers: Mike McCarthy

Lions: Rod Marinelli

Vikings: Brad Childress

None of them had previous head coaching experience and I knew as soon as the news broke that Chicago's rivals would never do anything with either of those coaches. to this day, all 3 need to upgrade. all 3 are holding them back. especially, MM and Conservative Chilly.
That's why this mediocre Pack team beat the Bears 37-3 a few weeks back, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,557,445 times
Quote:
you solved the reason as to why they were a FG away last year in your very own post, second paragraph. without favre, they do nothing last year. just like this year.

You left out the play before the winning OT field goal. Where he threw to the only WR who was covered.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,964,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
That's why this mediocre Pack team beat the Bears 37-3 a few weeks back, right?
that was the Packers first win against Chicago, in Lambeau Field, in 5 years...

don't worry, i'll be there for the Monday Night game in Soldier Field on December 22nd aka the Revenge Game. the California boy won't be able to handle it...

good point packersnut, favre is old but he's a legend.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,557,445 times
Quote:
that was the Packers first win against Chicago, in Lambeau Field, in 5 years...

don't worry, i'll be there for the Monday Night game in Soldier Field on December 22nd aka the Revenge Game. the California boy won't be able to handle it...

good point packersnut, favre is old but he's a legend.
My anger towards Favre has pretty much worn off. Anyway the better he does the better the draft pick we get from the Jets

However you cannot say Rodgers hasn't been good this year. He is about 5 guys ahead of Favre in QB rating.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,964,856 times
he has been very good...i just wonder how much his stable of amazing WR's has to do with that. like if you gave kyle orton green bay's WR's would his #'s be similar, things that make you go hmmm...the packers have 4 WR's better than anything Chicago has.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:24 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,015,549 times
Quote:
i remember several years ago when all of the Chicago Bears' rivals selected new coaches and i could not have been happier!

Packers: Mike McCarthy

Lions: Rod Marinelli

Vikings: Brad Childress

None of them had previous head coaching experience and I knew as soon as the news broke that Chicago's rivals would never do anything with either of those coaches. to this day, all 3 need to upgrade. all 3 are holding them back. especially, MM and Conservative Chilly.
Agree 100% with your assessment, especially Childress. Vikes will never go anywhere with him at the helm. 6 Probowlers and a .500 record...just like the team he inherited.

Because they took ATL too lightly and fumbled away the game, I am forced to consider a rooting interest in the Packers tonight. I threw up in my mouth after typing.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:42 PM

Look, it's been a rough year, but let's end it right.

Down with Da Bears.

Go Pack Go!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but this defense blows. I just wanted to say that, in case nobody has noticed.

That sucked.

Time to go to bed.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,694,625 times
DAMN IT, turned it off with 7mins to go and I miss OT, eeeeerrhhh

Old 12-22-2008, 10:26 PM

What a waste of a great performance by Rodgers. Keeping his cool, even though the O-line can't block. And without Driver for most of the game to boot.

You missed nothing worth seeing.

I want to think positive here. I have every reason to believe that Rodgers will be a great quarterback for this franchise. Life will go on after Brett Favre. However, there was only a Super Bowl championship with Favre plus a defense and an offensive line. My expectations are to compete at the top level of the NFC within two or three years. It can happen.

Now, it's really time to call it a night. Have a good one and a happy holiday, Packer Backers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or