Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times

Advertisements

Personally I do think this is Atlanta's year... I'm kinda partial though.

I can't wait for the playoffs... if the teams hold serve in week 17 we could be set up for a ATL/GB championship game. I can't help but wonder though if Seattle is going to be the 2012 version of the 2010 Packers and 2011 Giants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Seattle is hot right now, a week or so ago everyone was talking about 49ers, Patriots, before that the Texans, and through it all Packers under the radar and as always Falcons don't get respect no matter what their record is. I admit I'm on that bandwagon, but remember I'm a Packer fan.

It is funny though that so many teams have had games they should have won and were on the losing end. Total head scratchers some of them (Packers included).

I think this year is more interesting for many teams, not just the Packers. I thought Week 16 would be very telling, but Week 17 will really be something. Imagine the Bears cheering for the Packers (if they can beat the Lions)!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 PM

I like the playoffs as they look right now... Falcons/Packers/49ers/Redskins/Seahawks/Vikings. None of the 4-6 seeds worry me as a Falcons fan... as great as Seattle has been they are still 3-5 on the road. In the end it doesn't matter which seed Green Bay gets... #2 or #3 would still keep them out of Atlanta till the NFC title game.

Yeah the Falcons don't get any respect and they won't until they win the Super Bowl. A lot of it has to do with 3 playoff losses but also has to do with their 45 year history of losing. The Saints were the same way until they won it.

It's all good though...

"We love the haters, man," said Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel , who had the first of two interceptions against Eli Manning . "The haters keep us going. So keep your hate coming. We love it. It makes us play with a chip on our shoulder."

Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM

What would worry me is teams having to go to Seattle, which their fans would hope for, that stadium is obnoxious in terms of noise.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
What would worry me is teams having to go to Seattle, which their fans would hope for, that stadium is obnoxious in terms of noise.
You don't have to tell me about that... I've been there and made the mistake of not bringing earplugs the first time I went. Never again.

Barring some collapses by SF/GB in week 17 there will be no playoff games in Seattle though. That's what they get for having a 3-5 road record.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,379 times
Any more news on the injury to Cobb? The wrs sure have taken a pounding this year with Jennings, Nelson, and now Cobb going down.

The Pack could use the win on Sunday in Minneapolis for home field advantage-----yet the dome is artificial turf, and with the injuries to Nelson and Cobb maybe some caution should be used.

The Pack has suffered many an injury in Minneapolis over the years, and I could forgive McCarthy for showing some restraint and resting some guys.

He is a very competetive guy and playing conservatively may also throw their momentum off-----that being the case, I expect them to use everybody and play to win.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 AM

Aaron Rodgers said in an interview, time to get Cobb off special teams! Asked about it in his presser, McCarthy got a little testy said you don't change special teams this late in the season. McCarthy said the medical staff were not overly concerned. He had a negative Xray, doing an MRI, too, an announcment will come tomorrow.

If worse comes to worse, could hold him out, wait for the playoffs. However, with Jordy and Tom Crabtree out, he is needed. He is a tough competitor, seems fearless. Jennings admits he is on the smaller side. Finley, Jones and Nelson are bulkier, block well. Tom Crabtree, TE plays ornery, intense. Aaron says he wants Tom if he ever gets in a fight (he is from New York)!!!

I think the Pack will be hitting it hard on Sunday. They have so many rookies/young players on this team, you can't beat that enthusiasm. McCarthy said Titans game was great to get more plays in, get them more experience, he is excited about this team, for him that is!

He thinks this Vikings game is awesome, noise level, for the rookies on the order of playoff intensity. I don't want to get over enthused, but I feel more energy from this team than last year plus the defense is in the middle of the charts instead of 32nd!!!

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-25-2012 at 06:49 AM..

Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM

Cannot wait for the game on Sunday, will be huge! Packers are getting healthy, Clay is playing, maybe CJ Wilson will be back, a good sign. Might be the 1st time McCarthy has to de-activate to get game day 46, hasn't had to because of all the injuries.

Woodson still won't be playing, what is up with that??? He's been practicing for 4 weeks, I think there is something else going on there.

Cobb may not play, lots of discussion around the 'net on that one and you can tell McCarthy gets testy when asked, does not want to talk about it.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Me too susancruzs....I missed the last couple of Packer games
Happy to see Clay will be back ...

Likely to be a very interesting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Cannot wait for the game on Sunday, will be huge! Packers are getting healthy, Clay is playing, maybe CJ Wilson will be back, a good sign. Might be the 1st time McCarthy has to de-activate to get game day 46, hasn't had to because of all the injuries.

Woodson still won't be playing, what is up with that??? He's been practicing for 4 weeks, I think there is something else going on there.

Cobb may not play, lots of discussion around the 'net on that one and you can tell McCarthy gets testy when asked, does not want to talk about it.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Should be a great game, I am really glad Clay is back and possibly CJ Wilson (DE), both were out against Vikes last time.

Packers are finally getting healthy, just at the right time! Go Pack Go!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football