Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times

Advertisements

Apparently, they offered Jennings a deal worth 10 million per year before FA started. He hasnt gotten any other offers so far but has some visits scheduled.

Steven Jackson and the Packers are working on a three year deal. At this point, they need to sign him to have a solid RB as well as keep him out of the hands of the Falcons.

Niners, Falcons, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, and Vikes all making moves. Our division is going to be a killer next season and our biggest competition for the conference is getting better. The Niners are breaking the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Jackson would be great! I've been checking and apparently Schefter ESPN tweeted it was done but deleted it, jumped the gun. I'm sure it is bottom line, TT won't budge much and won't get into a back and forth deal either.

Most shocking thing today is Welker, man Brady depends on him. Kind of like AR with his guys, take one away and there is an adjustment period.

Funny to watch NFL, ESPN, teams making big moves! Packer fans posting everywhere their frustration, even on the Packers website! Ted is who he is and fans should be used to it by now!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I keep watching twitter and all these people are being impatient asking where are the Packers moves. Did they just become fans of the team? We havent signed a big name FA since Woodson in 2006 and before that it was Reggie in 1993.

47 of the 53 guys on our SB team never played anywhere else. If we sign SJ, that is more than we have done in FA in 7 years and only the three time in 20. Not sure why people are expecting anything when we have less than 20 mil in cap space, have to resign Rodgers and Matthews as well as draft picks.

I hope we get SJ and Monte Ball. We wouldnt have to worry about our backfield for years to come unless Ball is a bust. TT better trade up to get him.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
Welkers deal is for 2 years for $12 m. The general reaction is that there is shock that the Patriots would not at least match or beat that offer.

The general consensus of the media is that teams are before more conservative and cautious in tossing the bucks all over the place. Reports are that slot receivers are not being besieged by huge offers.

Regarding the Pack not jumping in and creating a big buzz------its not their style. TT is cautious and conscious of making certain that they dont burden themselves with bad contracts. I think he is being careful now, but I think their is a chance the Packers will make a least one major addition shortly.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM

With all the good players Wisconsin puts out, Packers don't usually go there. I loved watching JJ Watt play, what a guy! I hope they go for Ball, he would be great.

More times than not, Ted gets guys that don't get signed, look at DuJuan Harris, selling cars, has happened with other guys, too.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Welkers deal is for 2 years for $12 m. The general reaction is that there is shock that the Patriots would not at least match or beat that offer.

The general consensus of the media is that teams are before more conservative and cautious in tossing the bucks all over the place. Reports are that slot receivers are not being besieged by huge offers.

Regarding the Pack not jumping in and creating a big buzz------its not their style. TT is cautious and conscious of making certain that they dont burden themselves with bad contracts. I think he is being careful now, but I think their is a chance the Packers will make a least one major addition shortly.

TT's style has worked for the most part but with the way the Niners are making moves as well as other NFC teams, the draft may not be enough this year. The Niners and other teams are stacking right now.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM

They sure are, like 2013 is a Super Bowl or Bust year! Seahawks/Forty Niners are definitely all in, and Packers have to play them during the regular season I think. Packers need the players who were on IR healthy and they might want to think about an experienced player or two.

Checking the teams they play, 49ers but not Seahawks, however, Falcons, Ravens, Giants, Steelers, tough teams!

Last edited by susancruzs; 03-13-2013 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Teams can go out & get all the stars they want, but they need to have chemistry. Remember the Eagles in 2011 when they went all in during the off season & acquired a superstar lineup. Analysts were predicting a super bowl run, but their season was a flop.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 AM

I agree, chemistry is major. News this a.m. Jennings to visit Vikings. He said QB is a factor in his decision, Ponder is still finding his way. He'd take Ponder over Aaron???

Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Bummer, Jackson signed with the Falcons! Said he wants to be with a contender, in his career has only made the playoffs once, so he goes with Atlanta??? Hmmm, money must have been good because Packers are in the playoffs more than the Falcons. However, he'll get more action with the Falcons as they run the ball more than the Packers.

Word out now is Jackson was just using the Packers for leverage, really wanted to be with the Falcons, whatever!

Last edited by susancruzs; 03-14-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football