U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM

13,641 posts, read 25,156,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If you fix the O-Line, this team is going to be very good this season. Capers has definitely turned that defense around.

I am feeling good about this season after last night. If the O-Line protects Rodgers better, that game would of been a huge blowout.
This.

Unfortunately if the OL doesn't get any better than this I don't see anything too special happening this year, but anything can happen in the NFC. I've always liked Dom Capers as a defensive coordinator and his impact was quite obvious last night. I haven't seen the Pack playing this big and physical on D in too long. At the very least this D can make a game interesting against anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,901,744 times
Any of you guys (pnut, Rj, jfre) know the reason why Tauscher was not re-signed? Can't seem to find any info.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Any of you guys (pnut, Rj, jfre) know the reason why Tauscher was not re-signed? Can't seem to find any info.
I'm not one to understand every decision Ted Thompson makes but my hunch is it has something to do with him blowing his ACL against the Texans last year.

Older linemen who suffer an injury like that are often not the same again, if they ever play again. Like Tony Boselli. Unfortunately, Tauscher may be done for good. He is still a free agent.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:19 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,139,321 times
Not a bad looking game at all. The defense surprised me. I have been doubting the impact Capers would have, but if last night was a crystal ball for the rest of the season, the Packers D will be solid. Rodgers looked great when he wasn't being harassed.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:49 PM

59 posts, read 34,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm not one to understand every decision Ted Thompson makes but my hunch is it has something to do with him blowing his ACL against the Texans last year.

Older linemen who suffer an injury like that are often not the same again, if they ever play again. Like Tony Boselli. Unfortunately, Tauscher may be done for good. He is still a free agent.

He was a great O-lineman for years with us, sucks that had to end like that. What is worrisome is Tauscher is getting up their in years as well, so maybe in the next draft look to get a tackle.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,901,744 times
Quote:

Yeah, your probably right. Although after last night, I can just hear the first phone call Thompson made this morning. "Hello Tausch, TT here. Hows the knee feel buddy"?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 PM

Hopefully our D can keep their play up vs the Bengals this weekend. It will be interesting to see how they do against a talented WR in Chad Johnson. If we can get pressure on Palmer like we did on Cutler we should do alright.

Hopefully they fixed the problem at RT and will allow Rodgers to throw the ball without being hit or having to run for his life. I also hope Grant can get it going, I mean this is the Bengals D it's not like we are playing the Steelers. I hope this game will spark the offense and get them going.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM

Sorry but this defense is looking like they were just lucky week one. 3rd and 35 and they pick up the first down? Yea they force turnovers but they give up way to many yards, don't tackle well.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut21 View Post
Sorry but this defense is looking like they were just lucky week one. 3rd and 35 and they pick up the first down?
Hey, at least it's not fourth and 27 in the playoffs

Old 09-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Hey, at least it's not fourth and 27 in the playoffs

Oh the horror, still can't watch that play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or