U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 02:37 PM

13,735 posts, read 25,426,200 times

Advertisements

Maybe the D looked good because they were playing the Bears with Cutler. Cincy actually seems to be a decent team this year. Would be going for 2-0 if not for a fluky play last week.

It's still the O-line. 60 yards of rushing in the first three quarters isn't very good, and not being able to move the ball on the ground makes doing it in the air that much more difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:43 PM

59 posts, read 34,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Maybe the D looked good because they were playing the Bears with Cutler. Cincy actually seems to be a decent team this year. Would be going for 2-0 if not for a fluky play last week.

It's still the O-line. 60 yards of rushing in the first three quarters isn't very good, and not being able to move the ball on the ground makes doing it in the air that much more difficult.

Yea, it seems like Rodgers can't stand in the pocket cause there is always a Bengal in his face. He isn't getting away from them very well either.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM

7,693 posts, read 19,005,399 times
I'm so glad I'm not a Packer fan, they are ruining the image of our state

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:j_2V7YjhSijZ2M:http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2008/11/30/21/863-Panthers_Packers_02.standalone.prod_affiliate.138. JPG (broken link)

Old 09-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I'm so glad I'm not a Packer fan, they are ruining the image of our state

Don't worry were glad your not one either

Old 09-20-2009, 03:14 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,528,058 times
All my enthusiasm from last week just went down the toilet. This offensive line is horrid. They need to sign someone or make a trade. Ted Thompson wont do that so we are stuck with what we have and I dont see them improving that much over the course of the season. I was concerned when they didnt go after anyone to improve the offensive line and those concerns seem to be valid now.

Ted Thompson needs to go. His inability to sign any free agents worth a damn are hurting our chances of being a Super Bowl contender.

They just allowed one player to sack Rodgers 5 ****ing times.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
All my enthusiasm from last week just went down the toilet. This offensive line is horrid. They need to sign someone or make a trade. Ted Thompson wont do that so we are stuck with what we have and I dont see them improving that much over the course of the season. I was concerned when they didnt go after anyone to improve the offensive line and those concerns seem to be valid now.

Ted Thompson needs to go. His inability to sign any free agents worth a damn are hurting our chances of being a Super Bowl contender.

They just allowed one player to sack Rodgers 5 ****ing times.

Your right. I mean to win the game and the O-line couldn't give him time to throw the ball. We have a good young QB who can't do anything because no on blocks. TT has all these project O-linemen who with time will turn into solid starters. Well no they didn't, they suck. Looks like an early draft pick next year..

Old 09-20-2009, 03:27 PM

I wouldnt go as far as an early draft pick. This team is good enough to win the division. But this team will be more like 9-7 or 10-6 rather than 12-4 or 13-3.

That was a bull**** ending. The ball was snapped and there were Bengal players still in the neutral zone. The Packers should of had one more play.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Bah, let's move on. It's just Week 2. Better to have beaten the Bears and lose to the Bengals than the other way around. In-division games are crucial.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Bah, let's move on. It's just Week 2. Better to have beaten the Bears and lose to the Bengals than the other way around. In-division games are crucial.

I partially agree. However, when looking at the schedule I saw this is an automatic win. So, either the Packers are not as good as expected or the Bengals are much better than expected. It is probably a mixture of both though.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:10 PM

It's almost habit to think of the Bengals as the Bungles and think automatic win but they're no pushover, and could even be a wildcard sleeper in the AFC.

Then again, my expectation for the Pack wasn't that great going in. Without an O-line you've got nothing much. I'm thinking something like 9-7, only because of a weak division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or