Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 02:28 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

It was a good game, can't wait to hear from those Bear fans, they will be touting their win over the Vikes but they can't top the Packers. Rodgers really spreads the ball around, rather than zeroing in on one guy all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
A good article worth your time about Greg Jennings.

ESPN Wisconsin - 09/18/13 WILDE: Jennings saga is what sucks

Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks! I've been out of town, just catching up! Jason Wilde is one of my fav Packer reporters, good job on this article. It is a shame about Jennings, he really put it to himself. Packers offense is not traditional no matter who is #1 receiver.

Wonder what happened to Badger???

Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 PM

Reading all kinds of stuff about the Packers/Bengals! Some say it could be close, a tough game for the Packers, others say if Rodgers has their number, could be a blowout. Time will tell, can't wait!

Bears barely beat them, at home with help from the Bengals penalty wise, not that the Packers are like the Bears! We have offense and a QB that throws to all the WRs/TEs!!!

Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Green Bay is the first team in NFL history to be down by 14 then lead by 16 in the same game and lose...

I'd have guessed the Falcons.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM

Should have seen this one coming, but then I've been accused of wearing those "rose colored glasses" all the time! I bought into all the hype and shouldn't have! Packers coaches really need to take a long hard look at this team. Bye next week and then the Lions, could get ugly for Packers real fast.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:20 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I think the management needs to look at the coaching. I've never been a Mike M fan or a Dom Capers fan. Remember the worst defense in the NFL a few years ago. I think we're look at mediocrity for awhile. I thought they got beat by the 49er's cause the 9er's were so good, but look what's happened to them since.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:46 AM

The play calling yesterday was very bad, AR is generally controlled but boy he got hot with Mike. He got over it and wouldn't talk about it after the game but he is usually calm on the sideline, yesterday you could tell he was boiling.

With Starks, Lacy, Kuhn out, to go for it on 4th and inches instead of a FG, dumb, really dumb. Franklin isn't a Lacy, not as heavy, his first game! Everyone knew what the play would be, sure he needs to protect the ball but it was a stupid call.

Awful game, to go down 14 points off the bat, still trusting Ross???, climb back in it, and then let them win it? Ugh, they need the bye and McCarthy really needs to do some serious soul searching.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
I agree with you on trying Franklin on fourth down. He is not a physical runner, and the Bengals were totally prepared for it.
Watching Indy beat the 49ers, the Colts had Luck run a bootleg, untouched into the end zone----why not have Rodgers run a similar play in that situation.

Now all the backs are injured----maybe bring Alex Green, or give Benson another shot. Starks is a prototype nfl back, and he is so impressive when he is healthy. He is just not a durable back-----I hope he gets over his propensity for injury.

I agree with you on McCarthy----I still have confidence in him, but it is time for some more creativity.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM

They cut Jeremy Ross today, you could see it coming. I was surprised he made the team when comments were made about not a good camp, why keep him?

Cobb is good on returns but they really need to keep him as a WR not on special teams. He likes both returns and WR, he is feisty and maybe he would have been a better choice than Franklin for that play.

I listened to MM presser today, edgy voice, last place he wanted to be, I'm sure. They asked some tough questions and he answered, says after a game he goes over all the plays in his head. I'll be interested to see his show tomorrow.

I like Starks, always have but he must have a perpetual cloud over his head. He is good when he plays, not many mistakes, tall and solid for a RB, but mercy the injuries.

So who will replace Ross, someone from the practice squad? I don't look for TT to go shopping this early in season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football