U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,206,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Rodgers had zero protection most of this game. He still makes some poor decisions though.
Having to win the game in spite of a poor supporting cast tends to do that to GB quarterbacks. I just wonder how long it will take for Packer fans to turn on Rodgers when he starts making bigger mistakes. Getting creamed a dozen times per game tends to make ANY good qb start to crumble under pressure. I don't think anyone would want to be Aaron Rodgers this year. He has an automatic beating on the way every week! Their O-line SUCKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM

13,729 posts, read 25,375,436 times
Quote:
Rodgers had zero protection most of this game. He still makes some poor decisions though.
If you ask me, lining up behind that line in the first place is a poor decision.

Rodgers only threw one pick, and it was just a really good play by one of the best corners in the league. I feel like he did as well as could be expected with the circumstances. 26-37, 384 yards, two TDs and a pick.

Let's not pretend like Favre has never made a bad pass before. He's forced more passes into double coverage than any other man to play the sport.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 AM

20,357 posts, read 20,541,636 times
Best QB in the Metrodome tonight wore #12. But to state the obvious, the difference between #12 and #4 is not nearly as great as the difference between the two teams lined up across from each other.

A lot of our supposed "through-thick-or-thin" Packer Backers will now spend the next two weeks gnashing their teeth about the ineptitude of everything ('cept AR) Packers and once again demonstrate they don't deserve their reputation of being the loyal fans they think they are. Much the same as any other fans, Vikings fans included.

But, come November 1, a Packer win will likely move them to 5 - 2 and could likely drop the Vikes to 5 - 3 after their upcoming games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. The results of that weekend could also find the Bears anywhere from 6 -1 to 4 -3. After that, the Vikings appear to have the easier record but there is a lot left to be determined in this Division.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 AM

2,343 posts, read 2,972,799 times
Quote:
yet he finishes with a 110 rating suffering eight sacks.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,209,705 times
Rodgers also had a pretty bad fumble, and with a few of those sacks, he could have gotten rid of the ball, yes his O line is terrible, but a few of those sacks could have been avoided.

Everyone is just saying OMG 8 SACKS and he had a good rating! His turnovers led the 14 points, he held onto the ball a long time and a lot of his passing yards were after the catch. I disagree with the consensus here, I think # 4 outplayed Rodgers last night.

Again, his O Line is terrible, but Rodgers #s are misleading for those of you acting like he played the perfect game. imo

Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM

767 posts, read 1,787,379 times
The fact is that if the O line problems can't be fixed, the Packers are in for a long season and Rogers will probably end up injured. Lets hope that the 8 sacks sends a message to the coaching staff to make some major changes pronto.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:04 AM

2,550 posts, read 2,212,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
At 39, he's looking pretty damn good. Passer rating over 130, he pretty much rubbed it in tonight. 3TD 0INT.
Lets not forget the pick Favre threw in the end zone except the ref called a pass interference penalty that was clearly wrong.

Also the late hit pentaly???

Just makes you think.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM

13,729 posts, read 25,375,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Lets not forget the pick Favre threw in the end zone except the ref called a pass interference penalty that was clearly wrong.
There was also a Packer lined up in the neutral zone for that snap, but it still made for a bad pass Favre got away with. It's happened many times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBoomerang
Favre played so many years with either a sh%tty O-line or running backs, or both.
He did? What years? Were Edgar Bennett, Dorsey Levens or Ahman Green "sh%tty?" Really? Not that you'd confuse any of them with Barry Sanders but you've got more than a half-dozen 1,000-yard rushing seasons between the three. And give me Frank Winters, Adam Timmerman, Earl Dotson, Marco Rivera, Ross Verba etc. over these ham-n-eggers on the current Pack O-line any day of the week.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM

20,357 posts, read 20,541,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Oh yeah, that was the play that they also called the Packers for being offsides. I remember that, what about it?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:25 PM

7,692 posts, read 18,972,978 times
All I can say is that The Packer's should have kept Favre and Teddy T and Mike McCarthy are the reason I am no longer a Packer fan! If they would have kept Favre and got Moss I probably would have stayed a fan but when a team has it's fan's bend over and take it....well take that Teddy T you should have kept Favre!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or