Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 AM

672 posts, read 789,578 times

Advertisements

Surprised that the Pack didn't bury the Falcons. I went to bed and it was 7-31, woke up... something happened . but the Pack still won. I guess that is all that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Good offense, but...

The Packers are great at running that west coast offense, but the defense is atrocious. Hard to believe that the Falcons were able to put up that many points on this team. If the Pack are indeed headed into an eventual showdown with the Hawks in the NFC championship game, my money is on the HAWKS.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
They looked bad the 2nd half last night, but that isn't the defense they've been running. I think they got complacent with these blow out games and didn't adjust. No help over the top on Julio, what is up with that???

Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Default 2014 Regular Season: Week 14 - Green Bay Packers 43, Atlanta Falcons 37

The Packers' defense went missing in action in the second half. I do not know how to describe its collapse. The Packers won, a positive for Packers fans.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:44 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The Packers are great at running that west coast offense, but the defense is atrocious. Hard to believe that the Falcons were able to put up that many points on this team. If the Pack are indeed headed into an eventual showdown with the Hawks in the NFC championship game, my money is on the HAWKS.
Like Rodgers said after the game, the team had a "slight relaxation" at halftime being up 31-7 and Matt Ryan got hot. Matt Ryan is an excellent quarterback & once he gets going there is no stopping him. This was a good experience & Packers will learn from this.

I'm also not concerned about the defense due to performance from 1 half. It's the NFL. They aren't going to blow out every team. They've been outscoring teams in the first half at home about 500-9. Regarding second half, they held Brady & the Patriots to 7 points in the last half last week. Also, like I wrote in another thread - before last night, this defense hasn't allowed a single point in the first quarter at home since the home opener back in Sept! Give the offense an early lead & look out.

Seahawks worry me about as much as the Vikings do. Neither one is in the playoffs yet.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:08 PM

OK, McCarthy a little touchy today in his presser. "I'm not going to sit here and talk about defense all day." We're on to Buffalo!

Aaron said on his radio show, he expects Ted T. to bring up the fact that he can slide! Followed by, "I look forward to that conversation"!

Packers can clinch the playoffs this weekend by winning in Buffalo and the Eagles beating the Cowboys? I don't get the if this or that scenarios!

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-09-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 04:32 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Default 2014 Regular Season: Week 15 - Green Bay Packers at Buffalo Bills

The Bills are playing better this season. They should not be taken lightly. The Packers need to resolve issues on the defense, or they will be dependent on an offense contest.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:40 PM

It is a concern but they don't have a great offense and don't run the ball well, two things the Packers do very well!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:01 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
It's funny how people trash the the Packers D for giving up a big game to Julio Jones the week after he put up 189 yds on Patrick Peterson who is considered one of the best dbs in the game. While ATL is terrible this year they do have a top 5 offense...
As a Packers fan I was disappointed in the the Packers D the second half of the game but the first half they did a good job of shutting everyone but JJ down and the offense moved the ball at will.

The Bills D will be a good test for them but I see Orton getting sacked 3-4 times and turning the ball away a few times to give the game away.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
The biggest disappointment was the lack of a pass rush, especially in the second half. They gave Ryan too much time to throw, and when you have a guy with Jones speed and quickness, this can be very dangerous.

The guys probably wont admit it, but I think they relaxed a bit after building that big lead in the first half.

Crosby has had another great year----but that missed extra point could have been lethal. That is the second blocked pat, so they will have to look at the videotape and see where the breakdown is happening.

Mike may ask the guys to spend a little more time outdoors this week as they are going to a similar climate in Buffalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football