Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Another sunny morning in Green Bay...
Have you ever been there Oildog? It's always sunny in Green Bay. Win or lose, one of the happiest places I have ever been.

I also noticed on the Viking thread, that you guy's are already (only 8 games in) looking to book hotel rooms in Miami. Viking fans are so cute. With Brett on board, how could you possibly not win it all this year!? You know, because it has happend so frequently during his career. I know, I know, "this year is different because Favre is one of us now".

Last edited by dookieboy; 11-02-2009 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Jfre, your posts are spot on, but why try? The Viking guy's seem to care more about rubbing Favre's stats (and not why he has said stats) in our faces than actually acknowledging what a solid team they have. I would like to be able to say "I can't believe these people are already talking Superbowl in week 8", but I can.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
It just makes them feel better. Maybe they're insecure about another 15-1 regular season/playoff meltdown like in 1998. However there are also Pack "fans" who don't get it either, maybe because they're watching too much ESPN.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Our offensive line is just atrocious. If we had an O-Line worth a damn, we would probably have the record that the Vikings have.

I am very impressed with Aaron Rodgers, I bet you he will win an NFL MVP award in his career and probably be the best QB in the NFL in the next couple of years. He has receivers, he just needs protection. But, as long as Thompson is in charge of personnel that probably will not happen for awhile. I understand wanting to build through the draft but when you have a team that is nearly ready for a strong playoff run, you need to fill the few holes in other ways.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM

306 posts, read 319,513 times
Favre is a scum bag.

End of thread.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it is or maybe it's the media making another mountain out of a molehill the way the national media continue to kiss Favre's ass, and making gullible people like yourself think he's the main reason why the Vikings are winning. After all, the narrative of "jilted former Packer quarterback coming back to crush his old team" just makes a better story, doesn't it? If it's the end for McCarthy and Thompson, the franchise will move on. Just like the franchise has moved on after Brett Favre.

I liked your post in the "Interception Tally" thread but all those extra stats you came up with had more to do with the people around Brett, not Brett himself. And those were the guys who made the difference. I also liked your reference to the compensation pick the Pack got from the Jets, well it would've been a second-rounder had Brett managed to make enough of a difference for the Jets to get them to the playoffs. Alas, he didn't. That's because he can no longer carry a team.
Who's the one that has the Favre obsession? This was your response to a post I made about the Packers defense questioning the switch to the 3 -4 this year. I never even mentioned the Viking's QB and you respond with a post referencing him nine times in two paragraphs. It appears that the lamenting of his departure continues to gnaw at you like an unscratched itch. Admitting you have the problem is the first step in recovery.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
Favre is a scum bag.
Not really. If he wants to play at 40, he might as well be someplace where he can win a championship. That's not Green Bay, not this year. The Brett hate from Pack fans just looks petty. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to set people straight when they say the reason why the Vikings are as good as they are and the Packers aren't as good as they could be is because of No. 4. Not because I hate Brett, but because it's simply not true.

Right now, Aaron Rodgers is who needs to be playing quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. There won't be a title coming to Titletown in Favre's limited playing days, which may well not extend past this year. The last chance came and went two years ago. Last year was the time where you fish or cut bait with Rodgers - either you play him or you let him go somewhere else. The choice was to fish, and the franchise will be better for it in the future. There are no glaring weaknesses in Rodgers' game other than the tendency to take a few sacks that he should not take. He's shown more poise under pressure than a lot of QBs with comparable experience, more than Favre at that stage of his career.

With the right pieces around him, Rodgers will bring home another Lombardi trophy. This means establishing some protection so he doesn't take too many hits too early. This means giving him a running game. Favre never had one "great" back but he had a series of very good ones who fit the offense perfectly. This means building a defense that stops drives and creates turnovers. If Ted Thompson can't do this, it's time to get somebody who can, and if the Favre rancor ends up forcing him out in favor of someone who can, then so be it.

Even as it is, the Pack are still in the wildcard picture, if on the fringe. Pencil in losses to Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Arizona and you have 9-7. The others are very winnable. If the Giants' freefall continues and none of the current .500 type teams in the NFC catch fire suddenly, it can be enough.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:46 PM

306 posts, read 319,513 times
^ I am not a packer fan.

I just think that he is the scum of the earth, before or after playing for Minn.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Hey Green Bay Packers, Ive got a secret to tell you...shhhhh ok here it is. "There is no rule in the NFL that says you cant protect your quarterback" Generally quarterbacks like to be on there backs, but usually thats with the cheerleaders. I don't even think you got Favres uniform dirty. He may not even have to wash it for next weeks game.

The boooos where pretty bad class. But after the whoooping, kinda funny looking back.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
He may not even have to wash it for next weeks game.
Probably not, considering the Vikes have a bye anyway.

The issue with protecting Rodgers is twofold - the offensive line is not pass protecting, though they did a better job than they did at the Metrodome. Then there's the fact the Pack has no ground game. Sometimes I forget Ryan Grant is even on the team anymore. There's no reason to not bring a 4+ man rush to pressure Rodgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football