Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 01:14 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times

Advertisements

Forcing Aaron to be in the pocket isn't necessarily a bad thing. What concerns me is when the "D" is on the field, and oh those edge runs, that part gets a little tricky. Russell Wilson can run, too not just Lynch. Seeing the way Adams and the other Rodgers played, I'm convinced they will make a difference. They were non-factors in the first game.

He is the only player not practicing, which is what happened last week, at the stadium, getting treatments or whatever. He has to be there because pressers are at 4 p.m. McCarthy, Rodgers, Nelson and Peppers (live on Packers.com plus NFL Network). This is the healthiest Packers have been, aside from Rodgers and I know that is huge, in the last several playoffs.

Rodgers won the NFL Writers of America MVP, which is not the AP, the official MVP of the league but a good sign. JJ Watt won defensive, and Murray offensive (not Romo).

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-14-2015 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: additions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 03:52 PM

Some of the players seem pretty loose, hopefully they can impart that to rookies, younger players that might be too hyped. Jordy was great in an interview with ESPN, hard to believe he's been with the team 7 years already. By Packers standards that is getting to be a long time! The coach seemed edgy in his presser today, but he is not thrilled with those anyway. I think it is good they are leaving tomorrow instead of Saturday like they usually do.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:47 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,817,168 times
A nice article on McCarthy. I didn't know the Packers interviewed Wade Phillips, Sean Payton, & Ron Rivera along with McCarthy. Those are some big names. I'm glad they went with McCarthy.
Mike McCarthy was made to be Green Bay Packers coach - Hot Read - ESPN

Old 01-15-2015, 05:16 PM

Thanks, Ever, hadn't seen that one. McCarthy is the best fit for Packers, you can't beat that blue collar background.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM

I am ready for this game! No media giving the Packers a chance, apparently Bayless saying the Cowboys would win this game (don't listen to him read somewhere he said it), a Seahawk player saying Rodgers isn't hurt, Eddie is too fat, can't run fast and so it goes. Just play the game already! Seahawks fans taunting players as they got off the bus, yeah, a real smart move!

Old 01-17-2015, 12:47 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,378,940 times
Same here! I kind of like the underdog aspect. It will make the win that much better!
It was the same last game with the media.
Funny how the Packers are/were better than the Cowboys on pretty much every aspect but yet the Cowboys would have won this week and the Pack will get blown out.
Not saying they contained him, but other than two big runs they actually were holding Murray to under 3 yards a carry. They also held Romo and a much better receiving core then the hawks to under 200 yds.
Wilson's running is big concern though.

A lot of hype about the hawks holding their last six-seven opponents to 8 pts a game when most of these teams were beat up with sub par 2nd or 3rd string qbs. Most of those games were tied or very close until the 4th qtr.
Kind of similar to how everyone was hyping the 8-0 away record for Dallas when most of the teams they beat were sub .500 teams.

Lets hope the Hawks go in with to the game with the arrogance the media and most of their fans have! Going to be a great game.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Bayless saying the Cowboys would win this game (don't listen to him read somewhere he said it), a Seahawk player saying Rodgers isn't hurt, Eddie is too fat, can't run fast and so it goes. Just play the game already! Seahawks fans taunting players as they got off the bus, yeah, a real smart move!
Seahawks always like to talk a lot & make it hard for people to like them. In week 1 they said they'd pray for rookie center Linsley because he had to face Mebane, & I can't recall Mebane doing anything spectacular in that game. They have fun with it & enjoy themselves. Seahawks are the opposite of the Patriots who shower their opponent with praise prior to the game. If those 2 teams advance, it'll be an interesting media week or 2.

A big portion of the country will be cheering for the Packers tomorrow. NFC North, NFC West (minus Seahawks), California, Colorado, Ohio . . .
Which Team Does Each State Want To Win The Super Bowl? | Estately Blog

Old 01-17-2015, 05:08 PM

ESPN Jason Wilde pointed out that Linsley received some acknowledgement from the media and the guy that talked about him last fall, not so much. I think him coming from Ohio big university, playing center there, huge stadium and stage, he is a natural. Packers players haven't said anything this week, not necessarily a bad thing! Go Pack Go!

Old 01-18-2015, 08:32 AM

Peppers is doing the pre game speech! Quiet leadership. The last time Peppers gave the pre game speech, McCarthy said it was the best he has ever heard, & Packers went on to crush the Bears 55-14. McCarthy laughed, because the speech is supposed to be under 2 min & the Packers were late onto the field, because Peppers went well over & shocked everyone because he's usually so quiet. He's 34 years old & came to Green Bay for a championship, so I can't imagine how epic the speech today will be.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:54 AM

I love that picture! Yep, AR mentioned it, too! He said, we'll have to give Pep a few extra minutes. Happy 35th, Julius!

Best BD present for him would be a win, 2nd trip to the SB. He was on the Panthers when they lost by a FG to the Pats!

Weather report for this game is for quite windy, could be interesting if it comes down to a close game, a FG kick!

Go Pack Go!

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-18-2015 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football