Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 04:33 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to pump Wilde via email what Bob's deal is, he always says trust me, he has a definite agenda. I say, ok so tell what it is and he doesn't respond! He won't tell me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 08:55 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,547,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've been trying to pump Wilde via email what Bob's deal is, he always says trust me, he has a definite agenda. I say, ok so tell what it is and he doesn't respond! He won't tell me!

Wilde is just the opposite, half his reporting reads like the Packers PR department.

he has his own agenda as well IMO.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:12 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,057,727 times
Underachieving season...look at the advanced stats...

Category: 2014, 2015...
Team Efficiency: 3. 10
Offense: 1, 11
Defense: 16, 9

I think the main reason why it felt like an underachieving season is because the offense didn't live up to expectations. Between playcalling and injuries it was an off-year which was still a good year compared to most teams. If they can daft Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper and a speedy RB, and either bring back Philbin or keep McCarthy as the play caller they'll be back to where they were at in 2014. On defense, I don't think it is as big of a need as others claim it is.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:47 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,116,836 times
The mjs report on friction between TT and Mike needs to be taken with a grain of salt-----as noted in other reports Mcginn does like to inject his reports with some edge to them.

There probably is some truth to the report----TT does not go after free agents----and with all the injuries this year he might have tried to bring someone in. That's just not his M.O. and after all these years working together Mike has to realize that. They want to move Clay back to the outside next year, so another LB makes sense---though Barrington comes back too.

With some money to spend this year, I do get the sense there may be some movement on free agents this off season----I do not think they will break the bank, but I get the feeling they may target a linebacker or a running back they fit into the system for what they choose to budget. We do need to plug a couple of holes this year, and I think that that TT may pull the trigger on one or two medium cost free agents.

As for the friction or divide between TT and Mike-----all relationships have ebb and flows----I think they are fine and we will move on to make our Pack better next year.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:14 AM

Aaron Rodgers of Green Bay Packers had minor knee surgery

Jason and Rob reporting Rodgers had his knee scoped after the season was over. He was getting criticism for throwing off his back foot and not stepping into his throws by some who were saying he regressed, was making too many mistakes, etc.!

I hope they go back to having a coach for WRs, and a coach for QBs, not blending all these position coaches like they did last year. Not that Finley is one to put a great deal of stock into what he says, however, his point about Edgar Bennett being a major stickler for precise route running would have helped them this year.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:52 PM

I agree on the need for a wr coach-----there was very little route running this year----simply run downfield and put your arms up in the air.

AR did not have a great year and knee pain could have been a contributing factor. Lets start fresh next year-----Janis and Jared have shown they can help, Montgomery and Jordy come back, Adams has got to be better, and we can add a wr with speed to the mix and things can change. Richard Rodgers needs to show more, and maybe Qualls comes back or we draft a tight end.

Lets not try to save a few nickels here----after this year we need a wr coach who will insist on some disciplined route running.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:34 PM

I think Adams will be fine, some seem ready to give up on him. He has the talent, 2nd year players struggle sometimes. I remember the SB run with Jordy and JJ dropping balls all over the place, even during the SB!

I think they will try to draft a TE, I don't think Ted will go into the FA pool, but stranger things have happened.
Every now and then he does, I won't totally rule it out.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,358,158 times
I have found out that the Packers want Eddie Lacy to lose 30 pounds. I have found some shocking news: head coach Mike McCarthy was hospitalized for illness and Aaron Rodgers underwent minor knee surgery.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:51 PM

McCarthy was in for one day and it was related to a contagious intestinal issue, probably for his own good. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers participates in the February golf tournament. It is at Pebble Beach and he is listed as a celebrity participant.

I saw a picture of Eddie on his Twitter or Instagram and he looked better, actually I was surprised. He knows he has to do this, last year of his rookie deal and if he is serious about football going forward better come to camp in shape.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:58 PM

We all wish Mike the best, and hope he is feeling better---Mike is good people.

Eddie knows that he cannot come into camp anywhere near his weight last year----he looked like a tight end and he still refused to admit that he was overweight.

Starks may not be back, so we will need to either draft a RB or sign a FA. TT is going to busy this off season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football