Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times

Advertisements

Tough loss Pack fans, but you had a good season. I think I see which team will dominate the NFC North for the near term after the big Vikes retirement fest after next season. Rodgers looked pretty good, with room to grow, still need to shore up the D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
I agree with Oildog. Alot of other teams would have "mailed it in" after being down so early. The Packers fought back and darned near took the game from the Redbirds.

The Packers had issues with the O line for several games this year and Rodgers still put up some strong numbers. I had him as my fantasy QB and we did well!

As they shore up their minor deficiencies and mature as a team, they'll certainly be a strong force to reckon with in the NFC.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM

608 posts, read 923,577 times
Hell of a game Packer fans. I'm a Cards fan but I have to hand it to you . Y'all played your hearts out; and I have to admit that I thought you'd win when the game went into O.T. It was the best playoff game I've ever seen, and I wish your team luck in the future. With Rodgers as your QB, I think superbowl games may be in the Packer's future.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you mean the third as brett favre is the only QB in NFL history to have thrown an INT in the OT of a playoff game, twice.

but nice try.

edit: and btw, they completely missed the rediculous facemask call by the cardinals player on what should't have been the last play of the game, esp. poor considering the Harrell call when he was shoved into Warner and was called for roughing the passer, and then there was the helmet to helmet on rodgers that wasn't called earlier. but I digress.
Thank You. For a short time there, I thought that I was the only one who saw that face mask. That should have been a personal foul, as well as that earlier helmet 2 helmet hit against Rodgers.

The Cards got VERY lucky. They should have lost the game on principal just for allowing the Pack to rally. Not to mention the biff by Rackers. WTF was that?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Farve would have won this game....just kidding, im listing to the radio to some geek in GB who is going on about Favre. I don't think John Elway could have done better than AR. That guy is amazing...never sweats. How do you guys find these QBs Today Brady had to deal with the same adversary, and he just folded up and went into a cocoon.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
to blame this on Rodgers shows your utter ignorance. they only scored 45 points.
Wow, I highly overestimated your reading and comprehension skills. Lets try this again for you Einstein.

Had Favre dropped the ball like Rodgers did to end the game, you would have been ready to blast away. But since Favre is gone and Rodgers is there, you think its Mason Crosby's fault for missing a VERY long field goal, even though the Cards missed a chip shot that would have ended it.

Read the rest of my first post, I said Rodgers was great. I also warned that if he has a handful more bad playoff games, his big hometown fans will turn into harsh critics, the same way they did with Favre. Like the Favre INT in OT against the Giants, Favre haters forget that the Giants ran the ball down the Packers throat on 3rd down the entire game. They also forget that Al Harris looked like a freakin water boy trying to cover Plaxico Burress. Favre had a flat game too, and the INT was a bad thing, but it wasn't like the rest of the team was doing their part to win either. Like the big INT against the Eagles, Favre haters forget the Packers defense giving up a 4th and 38. WHO THE HELL GIVES UP A 4th AND 38? Its the longest 4th down conversion in NFL history that let the game go to overtime. But its all Favre's fault.

Rodgers is a fine quarterback, there is no doubt about that, I wasn't saying the loss was all his fault. Had the O-line given a little better protection, the strip would never have happened. If the defense had not been destroyed by Warner and company, the Packers would have won big. I mean seriously, its RARE for a team to put up 45 points in the playoffs in a losing effort. Its hardly the offense's fault when a game is lost after putting up that many points. Well, I guess technically it was the offense's fault, but you get the picture.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Farve would have won this game....just kidding, im listing to the radio to some geek in GB who is going on about Favre. I don't think John Elway could have done better than AR. That guy is amazing...never sweats. How do you guys find these QBs Today Brady had to deal with the same adversary, and he just folded up and went into a cocoon.

Great game last night. I really like Aaron Rodgers more and more, every time I see him play.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Aaron Rodgers is a heck of a quarterback with with a huge future. Maybe he'll follow the lead of Longwell, Sharper, and Favre and join the team of his dreams, Minnesota. After all, Favre may retire next year, or maybe the following year, or the year after that, possibility 2014 or 2015, or the next year after that.......................

Oh well, by the time Rodgers gets to Minnesota to replace Favre, Rodgers will be ready to retire.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,263 times
What a game yesterday! Proud of the way the Pack just kept coming. Just like they did when they were 4 and 4, and seemingly out of it. Pretty good "rebuilding" year if you ask me. Future looks bright as well. A few offseason teaks here and there, and maybe a draft pick or 2 and they should be real contenders for years to come.
I was at the game yesterday was lucky enough to have tickets right next to 'Mean Gene' Greening from Menasha and a handful of other Packer-Backers. With one exception (the steroid infused jug-head with the boy-band beard and the home made camo tats and the Cardinal jersey you purchased at the team shop 20 minutes before kick-off, you know who you are) the Card fans in our section were all pretty cool and made for a great time.

Looking forward to next season, and as always, GO-PACK-GO!!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Aaron Rodgers is a heck of a quarterback with with a huge future. Maybe he'll follow the lead of Longwell, Sharper, and Favre and join the team of his dreams, Minnesota. After all, Favre may retire next year, or maybe the following year, or the year after that, possibility 2014 or 2015, or the next year after that.......................

Oh well, by the time Rodgers gets to Minnesota to replace Favre, Rodgers will be ready to retire.
too funny...my guess is Farve will end it in 2012, Im thinking he sucks to have around the house and his wife is used to the alone time, but the body just shuts down and says NO MORE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football