Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 09:55 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times

Advertisements

Giants don't have much to play for other than playing spoiler so the skins should win.

On paper the Pack should win without a problem but we'll see. I thought the Vikes were going to be a bigger challenge than the Lions.

Only team the lions have beat that have a shot at going to the playoffs are the skins so all these "magical" come back wins are against primarily sub .500 teams that a good team wouldn't be losing to in the first place.

Logic, stats, and the better team on paper don't always mean in win in division/playoff hunt games but the Packers should take this by 10pts+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:36 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Looking closer at the Lions, I think they have been skating on thin ice all year, not quite as good as their record seems.

Sunday is a crucial game though so we shall see, I'm pretty optimistic about the Packers.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:56 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
I just watched the Lions vs Cowboys game. Lions will be very tough to beat for the Packers. I give the Packers a 40% chance of winning, which is what I wrote in the playoff thread a week or 2 ago. Detroit is just so tough to beat at home. Lions home record is as good as any team in the NFL. They have 1 loss this season at home, & that was in week 2. Zenner looked great at running back last night. Why did Detroit only give him the ball 2 times in the second half?? He had 64 yards in 10 carries in the 1st half.

I felt much better about Packers chances in beating Seattle at home than I do with GB going to Detroit.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:19 PM

465 posts, read 303,751 times
The Lions list of wins don't impress me much this year. Their best win was probably at New Orleans and maybe at Minnesota but they just got by all of these other teams like Washington and Philly. Each time they played a top team in the game they failed @ Green Bay, @ Dallas, @ Giants. Leaving out Washington, they're 0-4 against teams not eliminated yet. I do think Stafford will put up a fight but the Packers will pull away in the end.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:54 AM

It will come down to the secondary and young guys playing there. It has been better lately but still like a seesaw.

This team misses Sam, his experience and my criticism is maybe they should have tried to find an experienced vet when they knew Sam was unlikely to come back.

In the losses, Morgan and Ha Ha were playing out of position to try and help elsewhere, then their area suffered. With Stafford, this could be a problem. Morgan has been playing traffic cop, but one guy can only do so much.

I think the Packers can win, won't go as low as 40% but depends how the Lions are (they are also very up & down) and whether the secondary holds up. With Perry and Matthews playing, I'm not worried about pass rush or ground game. I am concerned about Rollins and Randall, Jekyll and Hyde, awesome one week, big mistakes the next, which happens with young players.

I read Lions may not have their cornerback Darius Slay, good player, which could be huge for Aaron and Jordy.

This game is huge, playoff football really, and my edge goes to the Packers! Go Pack Go!

Old 12-28-2016, 08:07 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
The d has to put pressure on Stafford-----in the second half Caper turned Clay and Nick loose and they were effective.
There cannot be a repeat of the first half in which the d was passive.
I agree that this game is very winnable----I like our chances, and I think Mike will have them ready to play.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Rob Demovsky said he is leaning towards picking the Lions but to check back with him later in the week? What, Rob????

I'm totally onboard with the Packers, always the fan, not just sometimes! I may say I'm worried about a game but I still pretty much want to believe in them, not like some who have jumped off the wagon midway through the season!!!

Old 12-28-2016, 10:21 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
I don't see any reason to doubt the Packers. The Packers big weakness is their secondary, but the Lions secondary is as beat up as the Packers right now and the Packs' passing attack is much better.

Now if they come out and play like crap ie Adams dropping td passes, then it could be a tight down to the wire game. If not they'll get up early and stay up. No letting off the gas like the first game when they were up 31-10 at the half.

Read somewhere that the Giants weren't sitting anyone so there could still be a chance both these teams see the playoffs.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 AM

Yep, I read something about the Giants, too. McAdoo was with the Packers, he saw what happened when they rested players in 2011, Giants came into Lambeau, won the game. He handled the Giants like McCarthy handles the Packers.

Players were there all day before he congratulated them on making the playoffs. Players said they haven't been talking playoffs at all, concentrate on the next game, not the playoffs.

McCarthy preaches it all the time, we don't talk games ahead, we talk one game at a time. However, it could be if the Redskins lose both teams are in, even before they plant the game. It won't be loser goes home, no playoffs. End of the season, always variables.

Ebron from Lions is talking about the chance against the Cowboys. They haven't made the playoffs, may not get to play Cowboys. When reporters tried, they can't get a Packer player to talk playoffs, we have to win the next game first.

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-28-2016 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 12-28-2016, 12:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
packers win and they are in, lose and they need washington and tampa bay to lose, or they have to hold the tie breaker with tampa bay to get in. same with the lions. a los for either team puts them at 9-7, and if the bucs win they also are at 9-7. if washington wins the point is moot because at 9-6-1 they would have a half game advantage and would squeak in that way.

i hope the packers win, as well as the redskins. it will make for an interesting playoff for sure.

another interesting scenario is the packers and lions tie, the redskins win. who holds the tie breaker between the lions and redskins? because green bay would be the north champs because they hold the head to head tie breaker over the lions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football