Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Green Bay fan (actually a die hard Pats fan) *but* I am very happy for the Packers, the team and for Aaron Rodgers. Aaron stood in Bret's shadow (no doubt a legend) for several years, played his role, and when his time came, didn't throw rocks at Bret, and handled it (at least externally) with a lot of class. At least that is the perception for a guy like me looking from the outside in. I know it had to be hard with Bret's waffling, thinking you're going to get the start, then he comes back and throws a monkey wrench in it.

I gotta say Mcarthy is a beast! He is awesome and loved the big hit he put on Mendenhall, that ball popped out like a pumpkin seed- it was beautiful.

I don't hate the Steelers, but I couldn't have tolerated the entire off season of the "we got 7 superbowls".

Aaron is needle like accuracy and I'm sure everyone now has to figure out how to defend against him next season.

Enjoy Green Bay Fans, it is sooooooo sweet and savory to be the ENVY of every other football fan in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,333 times
" In his inaugural draft as head coach, Mike Nolan selected with the first pick of the draft quarterback Alex Smith of the University of Utah. It was a pick predicted by most, though many predicted the 49ers might select local product Aaron Rodgers of the University of California, Berkeley. Nolan had a strong personality, and he thought Smith to be cerebral, introspective, and non-confrontational. Nolan also evaluated Rodgers but did not believe that Rodgers' attitude could co-exist with him."
I copied this out of Wikipedia............has anybody sent Mike Nolan a thank you note?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
" In his inaugural draft as head coach, Mike Nolan selected with the first pick of the draft quarterback Alex Smith of the University of Utah. It was a pick predicted by most, though many predicted the 49ers might select local product Aaron Rodgers of the University of California, Berkeley. Nolan had a strong personality, and he thought Smith to be cerebral, introspective, and non-confrontational. Nolan also evaluated Rodgers but did not believe that Rodgers' attitude could co-exist with him."
I copied this out of Wikipedia............has anybody sent Mike Nolan a thank you note?
lol

Old 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Aaron mentions it jokingly, I think, yeah I've forgiven coach McCarthy, too, he was at San Francisco in 2005 when they took Alex Smith over me. I didn't realize McCarthy was at San Fran, what a hoot for Rodgers to end up in Green Bay and to have McCarthy follow him in 2006, even though Nolan made the choice.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Watching the Return to Titletown in this brutal cold, 9°F, amazing! I can't believe, absolutely amazing Packer fans sitting there in the cold!

I loved Don Capers remark about how he was with Carolina, got beat by the Packers for an NFC title, so now he thinks "if you can't lick 'em, join 'em"!!!

All I can say is, I hope they settle the labor issues, team core gets to stay together, they draft some back ups for Driver, and other older guys and then its GO PACK GO!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Watching the Return to Titletown in this brutal cold, 9°F, amazing! I can't believe, absolutely amazing Packer fans sitting there in the cold!

I loved Don Capers remark about how he was with Carolina, got beat by the Packers for an NFC title, so now he thinks "if you can't lick 'em, join 'em"!!!

All I can say is, I hope they settle the labor issues, team core gets to stay together, they draft some back ups for Driver, and other older guys and then its GO PACK GO!!!
The funny thing is that the Pack are very similiar to the Steelers and if they back up their starters (especially defensive ones) they can stick around for a long time.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:01 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
The funny thing is that the Pack are very similiar to the Steelers and if they back up their starters (especially defensive ones) they can stick around for a long time.
I trust our general manager to do that. That they picked up all those free agents who ended up making real contributions is a testament to Thompson's work.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
I'll keep the thread a "sticky" until tomorrow morning.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM

I read today that Bishop, Driver, Williams, and Woodson got deals during the year. Two guys that are up in the air are Cullen Jenkins and Brandon Jackson according to the paper. They were cleaning out their lockers and said it didn't feel the same as other years and the one guy the Packers didn't get back to his agent.

The Packers may think Starks has potential, anxious to be a total team player, he replaced Jackson late in the year. I saw Starks on a Locker Room show recently, he really is enthusiastic and seems to want to do whatever it takes to be good.

I just hope all goes well, no labor issues or lock out!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'll keep the thread a "sticky" until tomorrow morning.
bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football