Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM

417 posts, read 365,715 times

Advertisements

Lions won't beat Packers in Green Bay, at least I'd hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 02:46 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
The real secret is called luck, random turnovers in their favor,
Name one "random" turnover that the team has had this season. There are no such thing as random turnovers.

Quote:
referees that look the other way,
The calls have gone both ways this season. The Packers receivers get raped practically on every play and rarely is anything called.

Quote:
and playing only against terrible teams.
The Saints are terrible? What about the Giants? The Chargers? The Lions? A team can only play against who they are scheduled. There are no terrible teams in the NFL. Every team can beat any other team.

Quote:
Most people know that the Packers are the most overrated team at the moment.
Do you have a source to back-up that comment? Because you are the first person I have seen say that.

Quote:
They have one of the worst defenses,
A bad defense doesnt average over 2 takeaways a game.

Quote:
bad coaching,
Who is the bad coach? Name one example of bad coaching.

Quote:
no run game,
They have a run game, they just dont have to use it.

Quote:
and a very predictable offense. Pure luck.
Not only is the GB offense not predictable but they are probably the least predictable in the league. Rodgers throws to 7 to 9 receivers every single game. How in the world is that predictable.

Quote:
Oakland is going to destroy them next week with their running game.
Yeah, because that is how to beat the Packers. Run the ball? You cannot be serious.

I think you need to go play with some dolls or something because football is not for you.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
The real secret is called luck, random turnovers in their favor, referees that look the other way, and playing only against terrible teams. Most people know that the Packers are the most overrated team at the moment. They have one of the worst defenses, bad coaching, no run game, and a very predictable offense. Pure luck.

If I had been online, I would have deleted this as soon as this came on the board. When an organization who wins the last Super Bowl with 15 players on injured reserve and then goes undefeated so far this season, and I see a post like this come on the board, a deletion would be pretty easy. But as this post has been replied to by several longtime knowledgeable Packer fans, I'll keep it up. I expect a response however, come Monday morning.

ALSO: This is a team thread. The "sticky" at the top of the page explains what team threads are for on the pro football forum. And I made it clear in the "sticky" that fans of opposing teams can post so long as the parameters of the thread and the TOS is observed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-06-2011 at 08:31 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
The real secret is called luck, random turnovers in their favor, referees that look the other way, and playing only against terrible teams. Most people know that the Packers are the most overrated team at the moment. They have one of the worst defenses, bad coaching, no run game, and a very predictable offense. Pure luck.

You should quit tormenting yourself.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Packers are making roster moves. Quarless is on IR, Graham Harrell is on the active roster as 3rd QB. They did that last year, moved him from practice to roster towards end of season.

They added a player Jake Vermiglio to the practice squad. Big guy, 6'5, 329, he was released by the Cardinals in August.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 PM

OK, now I'm reading the Buffalo Bills were very interested in Graham and he decided to stay with the Pack so they had to add him to the roster. I guess teams can't block a practice squad player unless they sign him to active? I'm not smart on all the ins and outs. Flynn is probably gone this spring, Rodgers would rather have a guy backing him he knows, I'm sure.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Rodgers would rather have a guy backing him he knows, I'm sure.
It doesn't matter what Rodgers thinks. It's what McCarthy and Thompson think.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
The Internet should ban or sterilize you

Old 12-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
It doesn't matter what Rodgers thinks. It's what McCarthy and Thompson think.
The reason I mentioned Rodgers, Graham said in an interview he talked to Rodgers and he felt good that Aaron wanted him to stay. It was Graham's to decide, stay in GB or go to Buffalo, so he stayed.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
The Green Bay Packers said Thursday that fans from all 50 states had purchased more than 185,000 shares of stock in the first two days. The team said the organization netted approximately $43 million from the sale after costs for shipping and handling, as well as costs for the call center and website.

Mark Murphy, president and CEO of the Packers, released this statement: "The Packers are tremendously appreciative of the support we’ve received from our fans. The expansion will enhance the stadium experience for fans, increase our team’s home-field advantage and ensures that Lambeau Field continues be a source of pride for fans everywhere. We’re humbled by the response from our fans and their desire to help the Packers achieve long-term success.”

In addition to all 50 states, fans living in three U.S. territories bought shares. That would be Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Shares can be purchased for $250 plus a $25 handling charge. The online site is GREEN BAY PACKERS. Fans also can call 855-8-GOPACK.

Packers have sold more than 185,000 shares - JSOnline

The NFL's Little Engine That Could...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football