U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 03:32 PM

3,107 posts, read 2,530,429 times

Advertisements

Nick Barnett is out for the season with a knee injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 08:26 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,432,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Since you're in the Chiefs' broadcast territory, if they are playing at the same time as the Chiefs you will definitely not see them. Same here in Houston with the Texans.

Actually, thats not true.

NFC games are generally broadcast on FOX and AFC games on CBS.

There was a game on FOX this last Sunday while the Chiefs game was on and thats generally true about every Sunday.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,928,404 times
it should be a great match up this weekend at Lambeau Field where Lovie Smith is undefeated.

Chicago is 5-1 versus Green Bay under Lovie Smith.

The bears can't get a pass rush to save their lives and it will probably be a looong day for the Bears as half the QB's that play the Bears set season or career highs, so far this year anyway. If chicago can't generate a pass rush, rodgers and his Wr's will kill the bears all day long. Especially, on slant patterns (Greg Jennings says hello).

one thing to keep an eye on is Rodgers' protection. that green bay line isn't as good as it has been in years past. so both teams' weaknesses match up against each other (Chicago's Pass Rush versus Green Bay's pass protection). it should be a great one as all bear/packer games are.

I've got my tix to the December 22nd Monday Night Football game at Soldier Field. i'm looking forward to that packer/Bears game too.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:55 PM

Why cant the Packers play like this every week? We look good today good D, and Grant finally got it going.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 PM

11,879 posts, read 32,791,400 times
Wow, I would have never guessed the Packers would win by so many points!

Old 11-16-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow, I would have never guessed the Packers would win by so many points!

I never would have guess the would have won the game. Weird team to follow this year because just dont know who is going to show up

Old 11-16-2008, 02:38 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,021,067 times
sounds like the university of maryland. I hate when you don't know which team is going to show up. good thing for the packers that they play in a bad division. they have every chance of taking that division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I never would have guess the would have won the game. Weird team to follow this year because just dont know who is going to show up

Old 11-16-2008, 02:56 PM

13,617 posts, read 25,127,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Actually, thats not true.

NFC games are generally broadcast on FOX and AFC games on CBS.

There was a game on FOX this last Sunday while the Chiefs game was on and thats generally true about every Sunday.
Well, that's the way it is for me. No Packers on TV here on FOX. It was the Texans on CBS and Disney on Ice or something like that on FOX. Simply put, I see no other games on TV when the Texans are playing. Maybe you're outside the Chiefs' territory? (I live practically within walking distance of Reliant Stadium.)

Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Okay I saw Terry Bradshaw Rip the Packers and say they would be better with Favre this year. Im sorry but if you look at the stats Rodgers has a better QB rating trails Favre by two TD passes but Favre has DOUBLE the Int's Rodgers does. Maybe the reason we are 5-5 is because Ryan Grant has not produced on the same level he did last year. Maybe it's because our defense has been average and thats being generous. I am sick an tired of everyone blaming the reason we are 5-5 on losing Favre when really thats not why.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,928,404 times
they are going to say that though. that's just the way it is. the comon theme is/was brett favre. favre was a packer, they went 13-3. they trade favre and they are worse. people who don't look at it, with depth, will just simply equate it to the loss of favre instead of injuries or loss of other players. but people who know football realize the truth. the problem is the majority of people will blame the packers' .500 season on the loss of Brett Favre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or