Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that The Packer's should have kept Favre and Teddy T and Mike McCarthy are the reason I am no longer a Packer fan! If they would have kept Favre and got Moss I probably would have stayed a fan but when a team has it's fan's bend over and take it....well take that Teddy T you should have kept Favre!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
All I can say is that The Packer's should have kept Favre
Quote:
If they would have kept Favre and got Moss
Question: are Favre and/or Moss offensive linemen who can hold a block? If not, please explain how they would make this team better. QB and WR are not where this team's weaknesses are.

Teddy sucks, but I don't like him for reasons completely unrelated to Favre.

Put Rodgers on the Vikings and bring Favre to Green Bay and the Pack still loses.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Question: are Favre and/or Moss offensive linemen who can hold a block? If not, please explain how they would make this team better. QB and WR are not where this team's weaknesses are.

Teddy sucks, but I don't like him for reasons completely unrelated to Favre.

Put Rodgers on the Vikings and bring Favre to Green Bay and the Pack still loses.
If you believe what ESPN tells you, than yes, Brett Favre could snap it to himself, block the entire blitzing defense, then throw a 75 yard bomb, to you guessed it, himself, all while have fun like a kid out there.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:34 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
[quote=jfre81;11070074]There was also a Packer lined up in the neutral zone for that snap, but it still made for a bad pass Favre got away with. It's happened many times before.

I was not aware of this. I didn't have the sound on & saw the replay after the game.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Oh, to have Mark Tauscher back...

Barbre looked like a saloon door last night.

I'm hoping that after a few weeks I'm not thinking "be careful what you wish for" as the Pack are bringing Tausch back after a series of workouts last week. I can't imagine him looking any worse than Allen Barbre. Despite him not having played a down in almost a year, I'm still pretty happy about him coming back.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM

It's a good faith attempt to get better, which is about all that can be asked for. Not getting my hopes too high though.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:07 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's a good faith attempt to get better, which is about all that can be asked for. Not getting my hopes too high though.
No, me either. Agree about the good faith offering. At least they did that. If anything, Tauscher is smart. He doesn't hold or jump before the snap. What he has always lacked in speed and strength, he has made up for by being a great positioning tackle, and again being smart. With this signing, I'm by no means punching the Packers ticket to the Super Bowl, that's silly, but at this point, it can't hurt. Always been a Tauscher fan. Glad he's back.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
All I can say is that The Packer's should have kept Favre and Teddy T and Mike McCarthy are the reason I am no longer a Packer fan! If they would have kept Favre and got Moss I probably would have stayed a fan but when a team has it's fan's bend over and take it....well take that Teddy T you should have kept Favre!!!!

That post is a beyond ridiculous. QB and WR are not the issues for the team. Rodgers has proven that he is a very good if not great QB and we two of the best receivers in the league.

The Packers would not win anymore games if Brett were still playing. The issues with the Packers are in the O-Line. If they had a better O-Line, they would probably be 4-0 right now.

I am not a fan of Ted Thompson but I would never stop beng a Packers fan because of that. If you stop being a fan because of that, you were never a fan to begin with.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:16 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That post is a beyond ridiculous. QB and WR are not the issues for the team. Rodgers has proven that he is a very good if not great QB and we two of the best receivers in the league.

The Packers would not win anymore games if Brett were still playing. The issues with the Packers are in the O-Line. If they had a better O-Line, they would probably be 4-0 right now.

I am not a fan of Ted Thompson but I would never stop beng a Packers fan because of that. If you stop being a fan because of that, you were never a fan to begin with.
if you want to play that game, if Cutler didn't literally have the worst game of his career in week 1, packers would be 1-3 right now.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
if you want to play that game, if Cutler didn't literally have the worst game of his career in week 1, packers would be 1-3 right now.
I wouldn't dispute that. It's not a secret that the Pack is no good right now, but anyone who thinks Favre would change everything is just being ridiculous. Of all this team's weaknesses, quarterback just isn't it.

No matter what ESPN or John Madden would have you believe, the game and the Green Bay Packers will live on after Brett Favre's hung it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football