Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,800,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Being a tried and true saints fan all I can say is welcome back San Fran 49's. I remeber the old division rival(kinda rough on us back then)and would watch in aw as Montana would go in the playoffs and bring it home for yall. Mike Singletary is the real deal and I hope we have a new rivalry that last's for years as we meet in the playoffs to see who goes to the superbowl. Always did like the Niners, but hate the Falcons(dirtybirds).WHO DAT
Back then 49ers dominated the Saints so it was more like a one sided rivalry plus these two teams do not play each other every year even once now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 03:38 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Back then 49ers dominated the Saints so it was more like a one sided rivalry plus these two teams do not play each other every year even once now.
That's what I meant when I wrote in a sarcastic way,"(kinda rough on us back then)".
Being from Texas you may not realize that the Saints and the 49s were in the same devision for 20+? years and we played each other twice a year every year, course with the expansion the Saints are now in the NFC South and the 49's are in the NFC West
but we could easily be playing each other every year in the playoffs. That's what I was eludeing to, in fact I'd imagine the 49's would like another shot at us in the playoffs, course I'd like to have home field advantage thank you vary much. The Saints of old were good at losing games they should win, and winning games they should lose, course some years they just lost most all there games. It was painfull.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
That's what I meant when I wrote in a sarcastic way,"(kinda rough on us back then)".
Being from Texas you may not realize that the Saints and the 49s were in the same devision for 20+? years and we played each other twice a year every year, course with the expansion the Saints are now in the NFC South and the 49's are in the NFC West
but we could easily be playing each other every year in the playoffs. That's what I was eludeing to, in fact I'd imagine the 49's would like another shot at us in the playoffs, course I'd like to have home field advantage thank you vary much. The Saints of old were good at losing games they should win, and winning games they should lose, course some years they just lost most all there games. It was painfull.
My hometown is San Jose though. I lived in SJ for 15 years.

Yes, I do know both teams were in same division. Saints have only 1 SB as a franchise though. Alex Smith did outplay Drew Brees.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,089 times
SF in general out played the Saints, I watched Brees play just about every game since being with The Saints. When he's on his A game it's a thang of beauty, when he struggles he seems to know how to still win, he seldom beats himself and handles the ball with extreme care.

The 49r's have a good team and great fan support, they will go far and are definetly on track.

Not only do the Saints only have one Superbowl victory(My Dad must have roled over in his grave)they have really only had a handfull of seasons that could be called anythang but a disaster. 39 freekin years, but I knew this team was gona do it, do you have any idea how many games I've seen the Saints lose like SF did. I remeber when I was a young man being in a bar in the French Quarter partying we went in a bar and there was Kenny Stabler and half the Raiders in there partying like it was new years eve, man these guys were wasted, made a call and placed a large bet on the Saints, figured they beat the spread, lost that bet. Went to the grocery store and came out to find 4 Saints tickets on my windshield wipers, went to my neighborhood bar and couldn't give them away. People wearing bags on there head at the game, it's all true, but threw it all we still loved them, even if we wanted to kill them. WHO DAT NATION

Old 09-25-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
SF in general out played the Saints, I watched Brees play just about every game since being with The Saints. When he's on his A game it's a thang of beauty, when he struggles he seems to know how to still win, he seldom beats himself and handles the ball with extreme care.

The 49r's have a good team and great fan support, they will go far and are definetly on track.

Not only do the Saints only have one Superbowl victory(My Dad must have roled over in his grave)they have really only had a handfull of seasons that could be called anythang but a disaster. 39 freekin years, but I knew this team was gona do it, do you have any idea how many games I've seen the Saints lose like SF did. I remeber when I was a young man being in a bar in the French Quarter partying we went in a bar and there was Kenny Stabler and half the Raiders in there partying like it was new years eve, man these guys were wasted, made a call and placed a large bet on the Saints, figured they beat the spread, lost that bet. Went to the grocery store and came out to find 4 Saints tickets on my windshield wipers, went to my neighborhood bar and couldn't give them away. People wearing bags on there head at the game, it's all true, but threw it all we still loved them, even if we wanted to kill them. WHO DAT NATION
49ers fans are everywhere. I think 49ers probably have the most fans in the world.

I was rooting for the Saints to win it all since they had never won it anyways in the playoffs, plus the Katrina after-math. Good for that city. It seems to rebuilding fast and growing. This year, sorry it won't be the Saints in the SB.

Well trust me, growing up in the 90's, we were used to winning and whenever we actually lost, you would know! Football is a big thing in the Bay Area, CA.

I really like Singletary, he has changed this team and the attitude around.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Winless San Francisco 49ers fire O-coordinator Jimmy Raye - ESPN

At 0-3 starting to make changes...

Old 09-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
They should have kept Mike Martz. He was good.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM

910 posts, read 2,983,753 times
Way too live up to your standards 49ers and keep your fan base on City-data.com alive! haha just kidding.

But what is wrong with your guys team? They look good, but than they look awful, and they're 0-5.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Another reason Singletary should be fired

"he was going to bench Alex Smith and Alex smith said I'm going back in the game

So you know he is a real joke

Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,932,965 times
How can the same QB look like the worst in NFL history two straight drives and then look like Brees the next? Then the last drive he looked awful again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football