Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 05:50 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times

Advertisements

If you are a Niners fan you have to be loving the next three weeks:

Home against Redskins

Home against Seattle

Away vs Raiders

I could see wk 17 vs. Arizona coming down to the division title and rights for a bye in the playoffs

The Cardinals schedule is brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 04:42 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
I couldn't see again.... But the O-line needs to get it together. There are so many changes there is no time to get a rhythm going!

Crabtree is dropping things left and right he can go for all I care. I'm tired of hearing him whine. Davis is not really standing out for me, but I can't see the games to know what's really going on.

I should be able to see the next two games, YEAH!!!!

Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
It's been a longtime since I've seen such an inability to score. Quarterback is off, almost as if his rhythm with the receivers is out of sync. Hey if those guys are looking for new contracts, they need to work on catching some balls. They are barely holding on, the last few weeks I've seen games that they should have dominated, but it's tough to score when you have a "three downs and punt " offense...Defense is the only reason they have been close, because Kaep hasn't earned any of that money he signed for in the off season. Seriously, the past few weeks, they should have scored 21 more points, if they could get touchdowns when recovering turnovers alone...Thank god for the GSW, because this has been the worst year of football for the SF Bay Area.

I'd have to blame the offensive coordinator for the play calling. It just seems like they are playing exhibition football, not what you are to expect in week 10. I thought I was watching a high school football team, same plays being called that get no positive yards, being called many times during the game.....When you have one way you run the football, receivers that are dropping a lot of passes, coupled with a poor and unpredictable OL, where missed assignments end up with your QB running for his life and getting hit...well it's the NFL, and most Defensive Coordinators, will be able to figure you out, and shut that down. It all starts with the OL, and they haven't been able to take care of the line of scrimmage in a dominating way.
You can't put it all on Kaep. It's the whole line. I'm seeing and hearing about a lot of missed catches and dropped balls. There are so many changes week to week they haven't had time to get in a routine.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:19 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
You can't put it all on Kaep. It's the whole line. I'm seeing and hearing about a lot of missed catches and dropped balls. There are so many changes week to week they haven't had time to get in a routine.

Yeah, you can't put it all on him, but he is the Quarterback, and is supposed to lead. He still makes real bad decisions, and seems to have slowed way down in the speed he has matured. The team is in a super funk. The only reason they are competing is the defense. Instead of expecting a touchdown after a big turnover, I am expecting a field goal. If they get a TD, it's amazing....that's just weak. The offense's inability to score needs to be addressed. At least Kaep wasn't sacked like last week, but those receivers aren't getting any separation from the DB's....

Old 11-18-2014, 05:58 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,511 times
If you look at the current playoff picture both the 49ers and Seahawks at 6-4 are outside looking in. Who would've predicted that prior to the start of the season. The positive is that there only a game out of a wildcard spot. With six games remaining it will be quite a task and/or a hail mary to catch the Cardinals who have a solid 3 game lead. It is very conceivable that one of these two teams wont make the playoffs, and possibly both.

The 49ers have the following remaining schedule:

Redskins

Seahawks

@Raiders

@Seahawks

Chargers

Cardinals

For Seahawks:

Cardinals

@49ers

@Eagles

49ers

@Cardinals

Rams

The 49ers clearly have the easier remaining schedule. But that's the least of their worries. The next higher tier at 7-3 you have the Cowboys, Packers, Eagles and Lions all in contention for the two wildcard spots and division titles.

The 49ers are in excellent position to build some momentum in the next 3 weeks, with the Redskins and Raiders being two of the opponents. They also have the Seahawks at home which they've been able to handle in past years. 3-0 during that stretch? Perhaps but then again they struggled against the 3-6 Giants (3-7 currently) Stay tuned.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:33 PM

I think we have Seattle at home. They seem to be having their own issues right now.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I think we have Seattle at home. They seem to be having their own issues right now.
Looking forward to this game. Its gonna be one helluva thanksgiving. If either team sweeps the other they can literally knock off that team out of playoff contention. Its amazing that they're scheduled to play each other twice in a 3 week span.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:13 AM

Just a heads up, the Redskins/49ers game is on CBS today vs the usual Fox, which usually carries the NFC. This is due to the NFL's cross flexing plan. At any rate enjoy todays NFL action.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Didn't watch the game, but glad the Niners got another win.

The Hawks are next! I've really been anticipating that matchup betweem Sherman and Crabtree.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:24 PM

We almost lost! I'm worried about next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football