Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 11:07 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,290,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Roman's probably good in terms of being able to call plays, but I think he just hasn't been effective in developing Kaepernick, which was really the key to their future success. Harbaugh and Co. made a decision to make a big gamble in letting a proven QB in Alex Smith leave the team for the free market. It made sense at the time: Smith has an arm and is a pretty good decision maker, but when you've got the raw physical talent of a Colin Kaepernick (and his youth, to boot), you can't let that get away from you. The problem is, there's a very good chance that Alex Smith may lead his team farther into the postseason than Kaepernick will - not only this season, but beyond.

Watching Kaepernick, it's true that making him more of a pocket QB has been something he's struggled with. But the percentages make it a pretty easy choice: running quarterbacks aren't going to last long in the league. Sure, they might get lucky for a season and a half, but pretty soon, they're going to get hammered a la RGIII. You need to do what the Eagles did with Randall Cunningham in the 1980s by making him a QB who is a thrower first but can kill defenses for sitting back. The problem is, Kaepernick doesn't really throw the deep ball that well from what I've seen. He can't make accurate throws into tight spaces on a consistent basis. If the 49ers can make defenses respect the run, then that can open things up and tends to do okay then. But he doesn't have that elite QB ability to zing it into tight quarters, and I'm beginning to doubt he'll ever get there. Hope I'm wrong, 'cause I like Kap.
This is true. I've noted that Kaep can't zing that ball into tight quarters. He can't thread the needle. He couldn't place that ball into Crabtree's hands over the outstretched arms of Richard Sherman, even if Crabtree didn't think to leap for the ball. Kaep is strong and athletic, but there's no finesse to his game. He's Rambo, and Rambo doesn't make it as a QB in today's league. Being a running QB is not good in this league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Niners in a struggle and losing to the Raiders. Not surprised given the struggles of the offense. A loss here and they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

The way the Raiders are playing, I think they're going to win this one.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:21 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
How about that Charles Woodson, dude can still play!

Old 12-07-2014, 06:24 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,616,209 times
Like I said at the beginning of the season, Kaepernick is a huge liability.

16 TDs / 10 INTs / 2 Fumbles Lost

He had an 87.8 rating GOING INTO the Oakland game, which is sure to go down.

Horrendous.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,281,233 times
They should just let him run, if he gets hurt, who cares, they are getting zero return for that contract. He had to get a 20 million dollar insurance policy in case he gets a career ending injury......He also has huge chunks of his salary taken away, if he is injured and can't play.....we know he isn't getting his Pro Bowl and Super Bowl bonuses.....He is not a pocket passer, he looks confused when the pocket begins to collapse.....Watching Carr and Kaepernick this afternoon was like watching two people cross paths on escalators......Kaepernick is going down, while Carr is going up.......LOL, it's going to be funny hearing what happens at this week's press conference....50 questions 82 words in answers...

Old 12-07-2014, 08:19 PM

573 posts, read 579,858 times
I hate it when athletes act like little babies on the podium and instead of manning up and admitting they did not play well, rattle off one liners like 'I'm just preparing for next week' etc. Just say I did not play well today and will do my best to correct any problems going forward.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,281,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I hate it when athletes act like little babies on the podium and instead of manning up and admitting they did not play well, rattle off one liners like 'I'm just preparing for next week' etc. Just say I did not play well today and will do my best to correct any problems going forward.
He has been horrible at it, for awhile now. He acts like a punk. As an athlete, you owe it to your fans to be available to the media. The media is our connection to them. It's the fan base that brings the revenue, we pay his salary......If a professional football player doesn't want to talk to the media, become a punter.

Question: What kinds of changes do you feel you and the team need to make in order to be successful in Seattle next week?

We need to play better, execute.

Used that answer half a dozen times during the press conference......face the facts, you have bounced off the ceiling.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:32 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
I don't get athletes not talking, they have a contract, like doing it or not. He is acting like Lynch from Seattle, one word or very short answers.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I don't get athletes not talking, they have a contract, like doing it or not. He is acting like Lynch from Seattle, one word or very short answers.
Beats the hell out of me too. At least have the class to address the media with dignity, resolve, and cooperation, even when the team loses and you don't have a good game.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:54 PM

6,092 posts, read 3,317,608 times
Raiders roll over hapless 49ers....All 49ers players go out after the game to buy 48" TV to watch the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football