U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,440,438 times

Advertisements

I noticed that my Dish Network doesn't have the NFL Network anymore. What the heck happened? I have the basic America's Choice plan (80 or 100 channels). I'm pretty upset and am this close to dropping Dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,682,153 times
I don't have Dish Network only because of NFL Sunday Ticket. I gotta watch my Bears games. And now with no NFL Network, just another reason not to switch over. I watch NFL Network way too much.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 AM

^ I should probably switch to DirecTV, but I don't want to sign a 2-year contract. I'd like to watch my Giants games. Last year, I got to see almost half of them between FOX and ESPN and of course all 4 postseason games. I was upset that this week's FOX game of the week was Saints/Redskins instead of Giants/Rams. WTF is up with that?

Old 09-15-2008, 12:38 AM

7,772 posts, read 13,223,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I noticed that my Dish Network doesn't have the NFL Network anymore. What the heck happened? I have the basic America's Choice plan (80 or 100 channels). I'm pretty upset and am this close to dropping Dish.
Channel 154 on my Dish Network. I just went to the Dish Network web site and found the NFL channel starting with the America's Top 200 package.
$44.99/month. Extra if you have your local channels. I've had cable, Direct, and Dish. I'll stick with Dish!

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/w.../packages.aspx

Last edited by kygman; 09-15-2008 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: Forgot something!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Channel 154 on my Dish Network. I just went to the Dish Network web site and found the NFL channel starting with the America's Top 200 package.
$44.99/month. Extra if you have your local channels. I've had cable, Direct, and Dish. I'll stick with Dish!

DISH Network -- America's Top 200
Thanks for the info. and link. I'm just pissed that Dish did this, essentially pulling the rug from under my feet. I've had other beef with them (I'll spare you from going off topic) and this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,682,153 times
Quote:
^ I should probably switch to DirecTV, but I don't want to sign a 2-year contract. I'd like to watch my Giants games. Last year, I got to see almost half of them between FOX and ESPN and of course all 4 postseason games. I was upset that this week's FOX game of the week was Saints/Redskins instead of Giants/Rams. WTF is up with that?
I have been with DirecTV for like 8 years so I am way beyond the contract. I am sure the reason the Giants/Rams game wasn't aired was because of how bad the Rams were in Week 1. My uncle has Dish and I am sure you are going through some of the stories that he has told me.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
I have been with DirecTV for like 8 years so I am way beyond the contract. I am sure the reason the Giants/Rams game wasn't aired was because of how bad the Rams were in Week 1. My uncle has Dish and I am sure you are going through some of the stories that he has told me.
Yes, I'm sure FOX determined that the Giants/Rams won't draw the ratings that Saints/Redskins did. That said, they showed many Giants games last year whose opponents were nothing to brag about. Since I'm in the Cowboys market, it seems like FOX will show other NFC East games when the Cowboys are not playing in that time slot. Of the 3 other teams, I thought the Dallas market would be more interested in the Giants than the Eagles and Redskins.

At least the 2 Giants/Cowboys games will definitely be shown on TV here in the Dallas market.

I see, so you're uncles isn't very fond of Dish either. It doesn't surprise me at all.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 AM

7,772 posts, read 13,223,327 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. and link. I'm just pissed that Dish did this, essentially pulling the rug from under my feet. I've had other beef with them (I'll spare you from going off topic) and this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.
I've heard others say some of the same things about Dish. I've had Dish for 10 years and haven't had a problem. I checked out Direct for you too. (It's 6:30 AM and nobody else is up. What else am I going to do! lol)

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizar...57119586567726

Just shows what the price is for the first year. Have no idea after that. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM

7,575 posts, read 12,042,678 times
In a funny twist of fate, I dropped Dish Network and picked up the NFL Network with my new cable subscription.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:46 AM

kygman, I'd consider DirecTV, but I don't want to sign a 2-yr. contract.

elmer, that's awesome. I thought when NFL Network first came out, satellite TV's advantage was that they gave NFL Network for free whereas cable comps. didn't. Now it looks like the tide is turning.

If cable or fiber optic service was available in my area, I'd take it. But, alas, neither options are.

I'm enjoying free hi-def that my large antenna pulls down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or