Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,085,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohmixer View Post
How’s everyone doing ¼ through the season? My 3 Yahoo teams are each 2-2. My 2 ESPN teams are 3-1 and 2-2, and my Cellar dwelling CBS team is 0-4. My cellar dwellers have lost by 4,2,18, and 6. Maybe this will be the week to start a streak!
I'm 3-1 in my ESPN league, thanks to the Cowgirls giving Barber the ball 8 freaken times. I lost by 4 points this week.

QB- Warner
RB- Barber
RB- J Jones
RB/WR A Johnson
WR- Marshall
WR- L Moore
TE- Fassano
K - Crosby

D-Titans

Bench:

WR-Burress
WR-S Holmes
RB-S Young
RB-J Fargus
QB- M Cassell.

But 3-1 is still good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times
After starting 0-2 I have got serious and pulled it back to 2-2, here is my team for this week

QB:Jay Cutler
RB:LaDainian Tomlinson
RB:Maurice Jones-Drew
RB/WR:Michael Pittman
WR:Roddy White
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE:Visanthe Shiancoe
D/ST:Titans
K:Matt Prater

Bench

RB:Jamal Lewis
WR:Torry Holt
WR:Chad Johnson
WR:Jerricho Cotchery
QB:JaMarcus Russell
RB: Darren Sproles
TE:John Carlson

Old 10-02-2008, 04:14 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,085,737 times
As LT goes so does your team.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,034,439 times
I don't know about you guys but I have been very disappointed with Santonio Holmes sofar this year. He really hasn't done much, I'm thinking about trading him. My other receiver, Santana Moss has done great sofar.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:12 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
As LT goes so does your team.
Even without LT this season I've still done fairly well, I only started him in the last game. My other RB's have been very good value.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:35 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
ok, i cant believe im asking this question but who do you like this week, P. Manning or P. Rivers?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,034,439 times
Rivers FOR SURE!! Manning will not have a good game against that Baltimore Defense, it'll be a field goal festival!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,016,260 times
Man, I am on a 3 game losing streak! and there is big money on the line! luckily, i still have a lot of points so i'm still in good standing in that respect with most of the season still to go. My problem? I had drafted Matt Hasselbeck before Nate Burleson, Bobby Engram, and Deion Branch were all lost to injury! I had Trent Edwards last week because it was a superb matchup for him, but he got knocked out of the game during the 1st offensive series! I lost by 4 points! Surely, I would have won if Trent at least made it to halftime.

My pick to click/sleeper at the QB position this week:

David Garrard, JAX

Old 11-13-2008, 04:27 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
okay lil update i'm 6-4, won three out of the last 4, and i'm in the last playoff spot currently.

I have a real toughie this week and have a hard QB decision; Philip Rivers (facing PIT uggh!) or Eli Manning (vs Baltimore). I could also pick up Tyler Thigpen in FA. what would you do?

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM

556 posts, read 785,785 times
Did I mention I think Thursday night football sux from a fantasy perspective!

Thigpen vs NO Projected 11 points.There are worse "hail mary" choices than Thigpen for this week; the Saints rank 27th against the... [Read More] There are worse "hail mary" choices than Thigpen for this week; the Saints rank 27th against the pass and made rookie Matt Ryan look like an All-Pro in Week 10. By the way, Thigpen's past three weeks: 710 passing yards, six touchdowns, 66 fantasy points. Even with Larry Johnson back, Thigpen will continue to throw it 35 times a game, for better or worse.
Thigpen hasn’t played New Orleans before.

Eli Manning vs Baltimore Projected 11 points Eli is Eli. He doesn't get more than 200 yards passing, and he uses the threat of the run and his standout offensive line to keep the pressure off him. As long as he avoids the big turnover, he puts up his 11 or 12 fantasy points and goes home with the victory. The Ravens might be able to get to him more than most defenses, but he should still end up with another Eli-type performance.
It looks like Eli has played Baltimore once with some pretty dismal numbers. 22.2% 0 TD’s 2 INT

Philip Rivers @ Pittsburgh Projected 14 points . The Steelers might boast the game's top-ranked pass defense, and they put more pressure on an opposing quarterback than anyone, with a league-best 34 sacks. Still, it's hard to imagine them fully containing Rivers and his arsenal. Rivers has three 300-yard efforts in his past four games, and four straight multi-touchdown performances. The matchup says to lower your expectations, but not to the point where he's a must-sit.
Rivers has faced Pitt once with a 64.9 passing % 2 TD’s 1 INT.
Weather outlook for Pittsburgh 40% chance of snow.

Based on all of the above I would go with Rivers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football