Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 10:57 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,085,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Does anyone else believe that the Titans are undderrated every year? After playing toe-to-toe with the defending world champs, and the best record in football last year, the Titans have been ranked low in all of the latest power rankings.

I know that rankings shouldn't matter, but I'm just wanting to know if I'm the only one that thinks the Titans are better than what the analyst say.

Am I completely biased because I'm a fan or is there any validation to this?
You are definitely biased.As a Steelers fan we know who we have to contend with every year.Those teams usually include New England,Baltimore,Indy,San Diego,and the Titans.The only thing about the Titans is that you don't have a standout QB. He or they are not big names.You do have to realize that when my Steelers played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl a while back we had a no name guy called Neil O'Donnell. So anything can happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,333,779 times
Well, you do have somewhat of a point. The bad thing is the Titans seem to always come up short. Playoffs, Superbowl, big rivalries. I like em and hope they do well this year, but until they win the big games nobody will name them as a serious contender.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 AM

8,943 posts, read 17,175,899 times
Fox sports has them at 6:

NFL Power Rankings - Top 32 NFL Football Teams - FOX Sports on MSN

CBS sports has them at 7:

Power Rankings: Big arms give teams leg up on competition - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

NBCSports.com power rankings have them at 5:

Power Rankings- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I can not imagine why an 0-1 team would go much higher than that.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 AM

306 posts, read 633,784 times
The Titans are my favorite team in the AFC, and I appreciate the fact they are flying under the radar and that no one's paying attention to them. Keep it up.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,072,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Fox sports has them at 6:

NFL Power Rankings - Top 32 NFL Football Teams - FOX Sports on MSN

CBS sports has them at 7:

Power Rankings: Big arms give teams leg up on competition - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

NBCSports.com power rankings have them at 5:

Power Rankings- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I can not imagine why an 0-1 team would go much higher than that.

I didn't see those rankings. The highest I've seen them is 7th. I've seen them at 11, 12, and 7.

If I saw a consistent 7 I wouldn't have made this thread. I do believe however they are no doubt in the top 8 teams in the football league.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,072,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
You are definitely biased.As a Steelers fan we know who we have to contend with every year.Those teams usually include New England,Baltimore,Indy,San Diego,and the Titans.The only thing about the Titans is that you don't have a standout QB. He or they are not big names.You do have to realize that when my Steelers played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl a while back we had a no name guy called Neil O'Donnell. So anything can happen.
I'm biased and your telling me the Steelers are 6-10 seeds higher than them? Pittsburgh won the game, but I garuntee they don't want any part of Tennessee in the future.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:43 PM

22,275 posts, read 47,206,238 times
They are not underrated... they are just not that good yet.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,331,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
He should have been wearing a Cowboys uniform that day.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,331,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm biased and your telling me the Steelers are 6-10 seeds higher than them? Pittsburgh won the game, but I garuntee they don't want any part of Tennessee in the future.
He's not being biased. The Steelers are a better team than the Titans--just a fact--accept it. Yes, your team does give our team a hard time, but if your team is so much better then show me all your Lombardi's!

What? Can't do that? Sorry--you need to win the BIG games to say you are the better team!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM

8,943 posts, read 17,175,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
He's not being biased. The Steelers are a better team than the Titans--just a fact--accept it. Yes, your team does give our team a hard time, but if your team is so much better then show me all your Lombardi's!

What? Can't do that? Sorry--you need to win the BIG games to say you are the better team!
Terry Bradshaw and Eddie George have NOTHING to do with the current season unless we are having an analyze-off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football