Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,814 times

Advertisements

Eagles won baby, here comes the NFC championship baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 04:34 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Eagles won baby, here comes the NFC championship baby!
I'm soooo psyched! I'm totally there!

Wooohooooo GO CARDS!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:33 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
San Diego wildcard team & Home Field advantage AFC Championship game at home.

Arizona Cardinals wildcard team possible Home Field advantage in the NFC Championship if Philly wins.

Two Wildcards in the Southwest Superbowl championship.

Oughtta tick off the back east football fans real good.
Well, the bolts arent "southwestern", but I see what youre saying. And the ONLY reason Im going for the Cards is because theyre an ex-Chicago/midwest team and an underdog.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
You had a nice run Cards, but it ends this Sunday. If the Eagles can hadle the Giants at the Meadowlands, the Cardinals will be a piece of cake. Remember 48-20? That wasn't all that long ago.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I have to say, this is a sad commentary on the Cards' fanbase...a pool company had to purchase a large block of tickets just to sell out the playoff game vs. the Falcons so it wouldn't be blacked out??? Are you kidding me? First home playoff game in forever, and it was even a question that it would sell out? That's unbelievable to me...especially in places like Philly, NY, etc, where all games sell out, nevermind playoffs.
Article from the Cards' website:Official Site of the Arizona Cardinals

Although I will bet there will be lots of Eagles fans there....when they used to play them at the old half-empty stadium, it seemed like there was lots of green in the stands and Eagles chants.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Wow. Exciting times for the NFC. We'll have either Donovan McNabb or Kurt Warner quarterbacking for the NFC representative in the SuperBowl. Who would have thunk at the beginning of the season that Kurt Warner or Donovan McNabb would lead their teams to the SuperBowl - where they will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I just dont see a Joey Flacco QB'd team going to the Super Bowl. No way they will beat a Mike Tomlin coached, former USC great Polomalu defense led, best Korean wide receiver ever in NFL Hines Ward offensive threat Steelers. But, whoever comes out of the NFC (hopefully Cardinals) will win the Super Bowl.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Wow. Exciting times for the NFC. We'll have either Donovan McNabb or Kurt Warner quarterbacking for the NFC representative in the SuperBowl. Who would have thunk at the beginning of the season that Kurt Warner or Donovan McNabb would lead their teams to the SuperBowl - where they will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I just dont see a Joey Flacco QB'd team going to the Super Bowl. No way they will beat a Mike Tomlin coached, former USC great Polomalu defense led, best Korean wide receiver ever in NFL Hines Ward offensive threat Steelers. But, whoever comes out of the NFC (hopefully Cardinals) will win the Super Bowl.
I'm with ya.....I would have never have thunk it but i'm totally psyched about the Cards being where they earned to be.....AWESOME

The championship game sold out in under 6 minutes!!! I'm just glad i have season tickets Watch for me

Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,997,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I have to say, this is a sad commentary on the Cards' fanbase...a pool company had to purchase a large block of tickets just to sell out the playoff game vs. the Falcons so it wouldn't be blacked out??? Are you kidding me?
Dude! Show some respect and LOOK @ the economy! People are broke and losing their jobs daily...There's plenty of sports not selling out. The Daytona 500 (superbowl of racing) has over 90,000 seats available.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
You had a nice run Cards, but it ends this Sunday. If the Eagles can hadle the Giants at the Meadowlands, the Cardinals will be a piece of cake. Remember 48-20? That wasn't all that long ago.
Please, keep in mind:

The Eagles are in "our house". The roof will be CLOSED. The Eagles may have problems with that. That and, 70,000 Cardinals fans.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Also - it was a sellout in .... 6 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football