U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 PM

443 posts, read 1,942,318 times

Advertisements

I know the Vikes are not doing great but man oh man that Adrian Peterson just wows me! He is awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
Well this should be the official Viking thread.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM

23,651 posts, read 33,451,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1979 View Post
I know the Vikes are not doing great but man oh man that Adrian Peterson just wows me! He is awesome!
Minnesota needs to find a QB pronto. They have nearly everything to win a super bowl but their QB situation is killing them.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:04 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,141,279 times
He is...but, but he is injury prone. Just like Tarvaris Jackson, Bernard Berrian, etc.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 AM

30 posts, read 50,419 times
Default Peterson is bigger than everyone realizes

Do people even really understand how amazing this guy is? I've seen every play of every game this guy has been in since entering the league. He has a combination of abilities that no other runningback in history has had. He is the fastest man in the league, he will burn by you, he can juke you out of our socks, and he can run you over. He WANTS to run you over. He refuses to lay down or go out of bounds. Most runningbacks run and try to avoid contact. Adrian initiates it and embrases it. If you're a defender, you don't dare go after him alone, you need to bring at least 2 other guys with you. If you don't, good luck, cuz he's gonna hurt you. Most importantly, this kid has heart. He wants to be the best more than anything. When it's all said and done and Peterson retires someday in the long and distant future, he will leave the game as the best to have ever played. Guaranteed.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:20 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Sooner fans do.

AD!!!

Last edited by nevergoingback; 09-14-2009 at 09:25 AM..

Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,544,724 times
I would trade Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson (I REALLY hate writing Ochocinco), and our #1 pick in next years draft for him.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 AM

136 posts, read 83,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioSouthern546 View Post
Do people even really understand how amazing this guy is? I've seen every play of every game this guy has been in since entering the league. He has a combination of abilities that no other runningback in history has had. He is the fastest man in the league, he will burn by you, he can juke you out of our socks, and he can run you over. He WANTS to run you over. He refuses to lay down or go out of bounds. Most runningbacks run and try to avoid contact. Adrian initiates it and embrases it. If you're a defender, you don't dare go after him alone, you need to bring at least 2 other guys with you. If you don't, good luck, cuz he's gonna hurt you. Most importantly, this kid has heart. He wants to be the best more than anything. When it's all said and done and Peterson retires someday in the long and distant future, he will leave the game as the best to have ever played. Guaranteed.

Peterson is a BEAST. He'll probably be a Hall of Famer one day.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,885,461 times
Purple Jesus. I fear with his style he will not have a long career. But he brings it every game. I agree that many DB want no part of him...he broke 4 or 5 tackles before outrunning everyone on that TD run. Amazing to watch in person....I saw him light up the Bears and I still cant believe how much faster he was than everyone else on the field. He blew by guys that had the angle on him.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times
I believe Eric Dickerson holds the record for the most yards gained over 3 years (coincidently his 1st 3 years) at 5,160. Peterson needs to average a little over 125 yards/game the rest of this season to break that record. Peterson says that he's being more patient now and letting the blocking develop than when he first came into the league. I'd be more concerned with the unprotected defensive backs being knocked into early retirement than AP slowing down anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football