Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Did I blame 6-10 on Rodgers? Hmmm, I guess I didn't see where I did that.

Just shows that it takes a lot more than one player for a team to be winners, or losers.

It's called implying my friend. If this post in response to Rodgers having a higher QB rating than Favre doesn't scream of it then none does:

Quote:
And where were the Packers last year this time? Oh yeah, thats right, getting ready for a rest and a first round bye, before going on to take the soon to be Superbowl champs to overtime in the NFC championship. And where are they now? 6-10 scratching there asses hoping an answer comes out of their butts for what to do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 01:10 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Did I blame 6-10 on Rodgers? Hmmm, I guess I didn't see where I did that.

Just shows that it takes a lot more than one player for a team to be winners, or losers.
You didn't explicitly say it, but the implication was certainly there.

Anyway, now that the regular stats have been finalized for the 2008 season, between these 3 QBs, the passer ratings are:
2) C. Pennington QB, MIA 97.4
6) A. Rodgers QB, GNB 93.8
21) B. Favre QB, NYJ 81.0

Remember, since this is out of 32 teams, Favre was pretty much in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL. What a travesty that he was selected for the Pro Bowl.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
What a travesty that he was selected for the Pro Bowl.
Considering fan voting accounts for 1/3 of the weight in pro bowl selections, and fan voting ended in the first week of December, what is the travesty? The selection process IMO. The selection process includes a popularity contest that is scored before the season is done. Bad idea, but IMO the pro-bowl is somewhat of a joke anyway since no one wants to get hurt and its just a little sandlot football for an afternoon. Don't let fan voting start until the day after the season finale. Then only run the voting for 1 week. That would eliminate a lot of players who are phenomenal through the first 8-10 games and then implode in December.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
It's called implying my friend. If this post in response to Rodgers having a higher QB rating than Favre doesn't scream of it then none does:
Its called grasping at straws, when you failed to see where I was going and decided to write your own ending.

The only thing I was implying is that Pennington was the winner because he is in the playoffs. I specifically stated that the next post or so down.

What does Rodgers having a great QB rating do for the Packers? It doesn't punch their ticket to the playoffs, and the crappy defense is just another sign of the TT brilliance that so many defended during the offseason as him being able to see "the big picture". If the big picture is going 6-10 after an NFC championship game gone to overtime, I'd like to see a smaller picture of TT leaving Green Bay.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Considering fan voting accounts for 1/3 of the weight in pro bowl selections, and fan voting ended in the first week of December, what is the travesty? The selection process IMO. Don't let fan voting start until the day after the season finale. Then only run the voting for 1 week. That would eliminate a lot of players who are phenomenal through the first 8-10 games and then implode in December.
Let votes accumulate throughout the season until the end of the season. Then announce the Pro Bowl recipients during the week after the final game (like this week). Also, keep the Pro Bowl after the SB (I don't care if in HI or not) and get rid of that dead week between the conf. championship games and the SB.

Dang, I have so much common sense, the NFL should hire me as a consultant.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:

What does Rodgers having a great QB rating do for the Packers? It doesn't punch their ticket to the playoffs, and the crappy defense is just another sign of the TT brilliance that so many defended during the offseason as him being able to see "the big picture". If the big picture is going 6-10 after an NFC championship game gone to overtime, I'd like to see a smaller picture of TT leaving Green Bay.

TT was right about Rodgers and the stats prove that. Now if you want to say he is a moron for some of his other moves like drafting Harrell, and trading our best DT for the Brohm Pick I would back you up 100%.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
TT was right about Rodgers and the stats prove that. Now if you want to say he is a moron for some of his other moves like drafting Harrell, and trading our best DT for the Brohm Pick I would back you up 100%.
And I hope Rodgers does great. TT isn't a complete moron, but he is at least 50% moron when it comes to trades and drafting.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
I think they need to eliminate the Pro Bowl and just have an award for All-Pro with voting down after the regular season is done.

In regards to TT, he is very inconsistent in his decision making and often makes decisions that put the team at risk. I havent been a fan of him since day one and if they have a similar season next year, he needs to be shown the door. I think McCarthy has the ability to become a great coach though. I question his playcalling at times but he is still a young coach learning his way.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:
And where were the Packers last year this time? Oh yeah, thats right, getting ready for a rest and a first round bye, before going on to take the soon to be Superbowl champs to overtime in the NFC championship.
Which Brett Favre singlehandedly lost for us, by throwing an idiotic INT in overtime.

If it wasn't for Brett Favre, it could have been the Packers taking on the Pats last year in the Super Bowl.

I am SO tired of the Favre apologists. The guy lets your team down when you need him most. He's shown it over and over and over again. I said it would happen to the Jets, too, and it did. 2 TDs and 9 INTs in his last 5 games, a league-leading 22 picks for the season ... ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 NFL interception king, Brett Favre.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Dang, I have so much common sense, the NFL should hire me as a consultant.
You do realize, of course, that you disqualified yourself with that statement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football