U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times

Advertisements

Tom Brady has had several more surgeries on his knee due to infection and now they're talking about re-doing the whole thing from scratch! It sounds pretty serious.

As much as I hate the Patriots, Bellijerk and Golden boy Brady on the football field, at a personal level, as a human being, I really feel bad for him. I hope he can heal from this, get past it and play again soon. I wish him all the best, hope it all works out, it's pretty scary stuff and very serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,994,530 times
The anterior cruciate and the medial lateral ligaments were what involved Tom's first surgery. When I played college ball (medievil era), if you tore them two you were done with ball. I tore mine in '71; the operation was in 2 parts and the rehab was months. While knee work has improved immensely since, it is still a serious operation. It is INCONCEIVABLE to me how there could be an infection regarding the operation. For crying out loud, you have enough staff working on him, how does this even happen? I imagine the Patriots are taking a hard look at the medical group who was involved with this one.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
I thought from day one that his career was over. oh well, it's part of the game. I remember watching LT rip joe theisman's leg in half. oh, and for you youngsters, LT is lawrence taylor!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,524,954 times
I don't understand the dislike of Tom Brady. I get that people don't like Belichek. Besides being a winner and one of the best (if not THE best) quarterbacks of this generation what has Brady done to spawn this resentment?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:21 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,753,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I don't understand the dislike of Tom Brady. I get that people don't like Belichek. Besides being a winner and one of the best (if not THE best) quarterbacks of this generation what has Brady done to spawn this resentment?

You answered your own question. Being the best almost always spawns resentment from some people.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times
We can all hate him all we want, but this here is more than football and hating him on the field. It's about a human being, it's a serious thing. I for one, wish him all the best and hope he can recover from it and play again and lead a normal life. This could potentially be career ending and I don't think anyone could wish that on anybody no matter what.

With that said, I'm rooting for Tom Brady to beat this thing and get well.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 AM

I would assume you hate the yankees? why would you hate the yankees? I don't like brady because he is the perfect trifecta of annoyance. from california, play college at michigan, and plays for a team in the boston area. that's me personally though. others might have different reasons.

Quote:

Old 10-24-2008, 08:54 AM

I dislike the Yankees - the team, not any specific players. If A-Rod blows out his knee and is never able to play again I feel sorry for him personally as he will go down as one of the best to ever play the game. It also hurts the sport when marquis players are lost.

I'm not telling some one who they can like/dislike I just find it odd that people dislike Brady so much.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 AM

well I can't speak for others. I gave my reasoning, which itself is pathetic. I don't want to see peoples career come to an end. I just dislike the patroits, michigan, and most of the state of california. so he's just a player with 3 strikes against him. it's not really a good reason, but it's my reason.

Quote:
I dislike the Yankees - the team, not any specific players. If A-Rod blows out his knee and is never able to play again I feel sorry for him personally as he will go down as one of the best to ever play the game. It also hurts the sport when marquis players are lost.

I'm not telling some one who they can like/dislike I just find it odd that people dislike Brady so much.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
well I can't speak for others. I gave my reasoning, which itself is pathetic. I don't want to see peoples career come to an end. I just dislike the patroits, michigan, and most of the state of california. so he's just a player with 3 strikes against him. it's not really a good reason, but it's my reason.
Hey, that's reason enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football