Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:43 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post
I think the Saints have to be the favorites at this point. All the additions they made to the defense along with the powerful offense they have makes for a tough team. Carolina apparently has suffered some injuries which I was unaware of. Tampa Bay is not a contender, which leaves Atlanta. Atlanta has improved the offense with the addition of Gonzalez, but that won't be enough to compete with New Orleans and the schedule that they face. New Orleans is high favorites in my opinion but it will be a three way battle for sure.
The Falcons and Saints both have sorry defenses and both teams will be in shootouts. Atlanta has a better offense than New Orleans in my opinion. Atlanta has a better running back and our backup (Norwood) is better than Bush, ATL has a better line and TE, and I think both teams are even at the receiver. Both teams will sieves though on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
No way. The Saints have too many injuries at running back and Drew Brees can't do it all.
I'm a Panthers fan and while they have a brutal schedule and a lot of injuries I think they are the team to beat until further notice.
The Falcons can forget it with that defense.
The Eagles can are probably the favorite in the NFC but I think McNabb has way too much pressure and will not deliver in the NFC Championship game, AGAIN.
The Giants are gonna miss Plaxico but I think they are still strong.
The Vikings will suffer at the hands of the choker Brett Favre.
The Bears have way too many questions on Offense and Defense.
The Cardinals or whoever wins the NFC West are one and done in the playoffs.

So in my order.

1a. Panthers
1b. Eagles
2. Giants
3. Viking
4. Bears
5. Saints
Here's my order:

1a. Eagles
1b. Falcons
2. Giants/Panthers
3. Viking/Bears
4. Arizona
5. Saints/Cowboys

I do think that both the NFC South and East will have two teams in. I can easily see it being Philly, Dallas, and NY Giants or Falcon, Saints, and Panthers (A Delhomme meltdown would probably prevent that though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Admitted Panthers fan here. I would say, right now at least, it has to be:
1. Falcons (and believe me I dont like saying that, Falcons are prob my most hated team in the division)
2a. Panthers
2b. Saints
4. Tampa

But, that's just me.
^^^^
I have always found it interesting how Carolina fans hate the Falcons, but while we dont exactly care for the Charlotte Kitty Kats, overall we really dont sweat you as nearly as much as you do us. Most of our aggresion is directed to the New Orleans 'Aints. I will admit though Drew Brees is a fantasy football owners wet dream

Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
^^^^
I have always found it interesting how Carolina fans hate the Falcons, but while we dont exactly care for the Charlotte Kitty Kats, overall we really dont sweat you as nearly as much as you do us. Most of our aggresion is directed to the New Orleans 'Aints. I will admit though Drew Brees is a fantasy football owners wet dream

Well you and the Saints had a lot more history built up between each other before the Panthers came in. Plus all the "vick" fans didnt help your image at all. I have noticed most of those left and now the fanbase is much smarter.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Well you and the Saints had a lot more history built up between each other before the Panthers came in. Plus all the "vick" fans didnt help your image at all. I have noticed most of those left and now the fanbase is much smarter.

"Vick fans" !?!?!?! Wow, I can't believe you said that. And those "Vick fans" are still Falcons fans, and by "vick fans" you and I both know what you meant. The Falcons have the highest number of African American season ticket holders in the league, Vick being on the team or not is not going to change that. I was and still am a Vick fan, was a huge fan way before the Falcons drafted him back when he played for VaTech, and even now that he plays for the Eagles I am still a fan. And just because when you look at the GA Dome crowd on Sundays and you dont see a sea full of "vanilla faces" like you do in Carolina does not mean the fan base is any less intelligent, just more diverse.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
"Vick fans" !?!?!?! Wow, I can't believe you said that. And those "Vick fans" are still Falcons fans, and by "vick fans" you and I both know what you meant. The Falcons have the highest number of African American season ticket holders in the league, Vick being on the team or not is not going to change that. I was and still am a Vick fan, was a huge fan way before the Falcons drafted him back when he played for VaTech, and even now that he plays for the Eagles I am still a fan. And just because when you look at the GA Dome crowd on Sundays and you dont see a sea full of "vanilla faces" like you do in Carolina does not mean the fan base is any less intelligent, just more diverse.

Wasnt talking about african american fans. You know damn well there were plenty of falcons fans that were only falcons fans because of Vick. Its obvious. You got so defensive because you know its the truth. I wasnt calling you a vick fan personally. I used to get on their message board sometimes and half the board was saying they wouldnt support the Falcons if they cut vick.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Wasnt talking about african american fans. You know damn well there were plenty of falcons fans that were only falcons fans because of Vick. Its obvious. You got so defensive because you know its the truth. I wasnt calling you a vick fan personally. I used to get on their message board sometimes and half the board was saying they wouldnt support the Falcons if they cut vick.
That is so not true, when Vick shot the middle finger to the crowd after that game in the Dome allot of Falcons fans were chomping at the bit for the Falcons to cut him. It wasn't the other way around. And that was before the dog fighting stuff even came out, after that fans who said they wouldn't support the team if Vick was cut were definitely in the minority. So I dont know what message board you looked at, the ajc.com had page long blogs almost daily for a year with people screaming for the Falcons to get rid of Vick before and after the dog fighting incident, so once again I have no idea where you got that from. Not to mention that if half the Falcons fans said they wouldn't support the team if Vick wasn't on it, we wouldn't still be selling out games. If anything we got more energized when Matty Ice came in as true football fans realized that he gave us a much better chance to win. Like I said I was a big time Vick fan, I remember being in the movies when a friend texted me that we drafted him and I went ape sh*t in the theater, but I like Matt Ryan better, he may not be as exciting as Vick, but we have a better chance to win with him

Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
A request from a Lions fan: If we are stupid enough to start Stafford in the opener at NO, please don't kill him. It's not his fault the Detroit franchise hasn't had a QB in 50 years and that he's being thrown into the fire right away in another act of complete desperation by the worst franchise in sports history.

Oh, and could you ask Drew and the boys to keep their point total under 60, please? I thank you, and the guys on our team impersonating a defense thank you.

God help us. Again.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
A sore spot in long time Saints fans against the Falcons is Morton Anderson. He was great for the Saints. They should call him "Iron Leg" cause he seemed to last forever in the NFL. He deserves a spot in the NFL Hall of Fame as one of the best and most reliable kickers. Still wished his game had gone to heck when he went to the Falcons.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Most of the Saints played well except for Reggie Bush. I'm impressed buy the Lions' new quarterback. He could become a probowl quarterback as he gains experience. He seemed to be very cool under pressure.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Great job by Drew Brees and the Saints today. I agree that Reggie was a bad choice. Should have taken White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football