Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:06 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
As far as the Lions sucking, football is a cyclical game, almost all teams have bad seasons... the Lions have not been historically abysmall all the time. Besides the Lions have the best WR in the league
Bad seasons??? Apparently you don't follow football.

Anywho...it's this simple:

Remove the Lions from Thanksgiving
NFL get's more coin
Fans get a game with decent teams

Old 11-27-2009, 03:13 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Just changing the channel doesn't solve the situation. I'm amazed how some people can see past their nose.

The NFL could make ALOT more money by showing better teams. Period. The freaking 2008 Lions just got named the worst team EVER on the NFL Network.
most likely the NFL's contract with the networks isn't affected by who the match-ups happen to be with on any particular day. what are you basing this on? period.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Bad seasons??? Apparently you don't follow football.

Anywho...it's this simple:
Quote:
Remove the Lions from Thanksgiving
No. It's an insult to the originators of football on Thanxgivin'/

Quote:
NFL get's more coin
Unless you work for the Leauge, I don't think that should factor into anything or be a big deal to anyone.

Quote:
Fans get a game with decent teams
How can you tell if a team will have a good game or a bad game? The Lions could have been undefeated and STILL got beat down.

Stop asking for a change on this day, people. It's fine the way it is.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:12 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
The Cubs have a TRADITION of not winning a World Series for the past century. I would bet their fans would love to see that TRADITION come to an end!!!
this has nothing to do with what we're talking about but thanks for trying

Quote:
More money for the NFL...a great game for the fans. How is this a losing proposition?
like I said, the increased revenue from one measly game is a spit in the ocean to a billion dollar industry like the NFL ...

maybe your favorite team should've come up with the idea in 1934 , sucks to be you.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No. It's an insult to the originators of football on Thanxgivin'/

Unless you work for the Leauge, I don't think that should factor into anything or be a big deal to anyone.

How can you tell if a team will have a good game or a bad game? The Lions could have been undefeated and STILL got beat down.

Stop asking for a change on this day, people. It's fine the way it is.
there are plenty of sunday and monday night games that are blowouts and that feature bad teams. you just can't predict a teams season

there are always a few teams better than expected and some worse.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:37 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
Too bad for OP that many of us sports fans respect traditions and want to see them continue. One that I like is that the Cincinnati Reds always play a home game on opening day of baseball season in the US. I guess the fans of every other team can whine about that (just like OP), but it's a solid tradition and I hope it continues, just like Dallas & Detroit playing on Turkey Day.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Too bad for OP that many of us sports fans respect traditions and want to see them continue. One that I like is that the Cincinnati Reds always play a home game on opening day of baseball season in the US. I guess the fans of every other team can whine about that (just like OP), but it's a solid tradition and I hope it continues, just like Dallas & Detroit playing on Turkey Day.
Yeah. And like I said before, if people don't like that, then there's a THIRD game on that day....

Old 07-27-2014, 03:03 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The NFL needs to tweak the traditional Thanksgiving games. Dallas is fine because they usually have decent teams and are entertaining to watch but the Lions are losers, year after year. The only turkey I want to see is on the dining room table, not on the football field. The Lions need to go.
I don't think you can do anything about it and I can't either. Besides the Lions won last year.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:07 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Maybe replace the Lions with the New York Giants. I still am not against the Lions playing on Thanksgiving but I am against the Packers-Lions rivalry on Thanksgiving however.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:08 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Meh, I don't mind. As long as it's not an Eagles game... I don't mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football