Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

I'm a lifelong Vikes fan, and I think they are wasting the most talented back in the last decade. Unimaginitive playcalling, continuous mistakes, and poor planning for a QB. Fire Childress! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
YES! I agree with you. He's one of the worse coaches I"ve ever seen! Absolutely HORRIBLE!!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Well who have they had at QB, Ferrot and Jackson arent any good. I would say bring in a vet in free agency that is a starter in the league then see. Now I like him, him coaching the Vikes helps my Packers

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Well who have they had at QB, Ferrot and Jackson arent any good. I would say bring in a vet in free agency that is a starter in the league then see. Now I like him, him coaching the Vikes helps my Packers
haha..I bet you do like him!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Uh, Brad needs to take a backseat to Andy Reid....he needs to be fired first.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:01 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I think that the off season will be busy with QB's. since we are talking about the vikings, who should they look to sign? I see some names, alex smith, john kitna, perhaps matt cassel if he doesn't get a new contract. who do you all see as free agent QB's that the vikings might be interested in?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:06 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that the off season will be busy with QB's. since we are talking about the vikings, who should they look to sign? I see some names, alex smith, john kitna, perhaps matt cassel if he doesn't get a new contract. who do you all see as free agent QB's that the vikings might be interested in?
I guess on who much they want to spend and if teams lock up their free agents before this seasons end. I found a list that says Jeff Garcia, David Garrard, Kerry Collins and Cassel like you said. Bring in a vet that's good, sorry Ferrot, and draft a rookie and let him sit for a year or two behind the vet and learn.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I agree. I also think that leftwich might be looking for employment. the steelers have big ben, batch, and the rookie dixon. leftwich showed that he can still play football. collins is aging just like garcia and kitna. any of those might be a good pickup for the vikings if they try to groom a QB. I think the general rule of thumb is to draft skill positions when you don't need them. if you are desperate for a QB, don't draft one early and expect them to turn the fortunes around. that rarely works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I guess on who much they want to spend and if teams lock up their free agents before this seasons end. I found a list that says Jeff Garcia, David Garrard, Kerry Collins and Cassel like you said. Bring in a vet that's good, sorry Ferrot, and draft a rookie and let him sit for a year or two behind the vet and learn.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Agree...Childress was a progeny of the Andy Reid coaching tree.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Brad is an Andy Reid disciple......this shouldn't be surprising, especially the unimaginative playcalling.....that's right from Any Reid's very short playbook...actually I don't think that sheet that Andy carries on the sidelines has any plays on it (since they don't really need a playbook when you run the same 3 plays all the time)....I think that's the menu for Chickie's and Pete's or Geno's Steaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football