Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:16 AM

905 posts, read 2,391,971 times

Advertisements

Go eagles! If we win out andATL loses a game we get in. It won't be easy but certainly doable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 07:12 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,016,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
Go eagles! If we win out andATL loses a game we get in. It won't be easy but certainly doable
If you guys had won against Cincy instead of tying, I'd say you are in! I hope the Redskins win out and Dallas loses a couple of games, then we have a good chance to get in but I seriously doubt it! The Redskins have shockingly been transformed into the Deadskins again!!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,617,794 times
Right now it's looking tailored-made for the Falcons to get in with Dallas sitcom becoming a hit, with, Garcia out, with the Bears not being that good, with MN starting Tarvaris Jackson against Arizona (and having 3 super tough games left). Life's good for us.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:00 PM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 986,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Right now it's looking tailored-made for the Falcons to get in with Dallas sitcom becoming a hit, with, Garcia out, with the Bears not being that good, with MN starting Tarvaris Jackson against Arizona (and having 3 super tough games left). Life's good for us.
We HAVE to beat Tampa, though. You can bet I'll be watching.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:34 PM

18,151 posts, read 25,689,321 times
Denver-a poster child for a new playoff system? Hmmm.
The last time I looked,they have the same record as 3 teams in the AFC east, 8 and 5. No, I don't consider them a playoff threat, they certainly didn"t. They have lost 5 running backs for the season. Two weeks ago Tatum Bell was selling cell phones at one of the shopping malls, this afternoon he starts at running back against Carolina.

Yep, their defense is at the bottom of the conference, but their offense is at the top! They weren't picked to go anywhere this season playoff wise. San Diego was and was picked by many to go to the Super Bowl. Watching the Chargers and Chiefs right now, halftime Chiefs are up 14 to 3. K.C. has won 2 games this season. And Norv Turner is coming to coach next season? Hmmm.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:46 PM

321 posts, read 1,025,530 times
Well if the second half of the Denver/Carolina game provides more of the same, I fear that the Bucs will not be play-off bound.
Why the NFC South is not getting the respect it deserves this year is beyond me. It's an incredibly tough division this year. To think that none of them have lost a division game at home...

Old 12-14-2008, 05:01 PM

18,151 posts, read 25,689,321 times
The Broncos can't keep up with Carolina's running game. D'Angelo Williams just made a great long run for 6. 27-10 Panthers. Don't know about anyone else, but I'm not disrespecting the NFC South.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:06 PM

719 posts, read 2,609,491 times
Yep, looks like the Panthers are opening this thing up. Delhomme and that offense are tough and consistent. They'll be a threat in January.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:28 PM

321 posts, read 1,025,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm not disrespecting the NFC South.
I suppose I meant more the major media-types... ESPN/Fox/NFL Network... I guess we're just not "sexy" enough for them. If NO were at the top and the rest of us were on their heels, I think it would be different. The pundits have been ga-ga for Brees & Co. all year.

One thing is for certain though... it's been a crazy year and who knows what will shake out before the end of week 17.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Yep, looks like the Panthers are opening this thing up. Delhomme and that offense are tough and consistent. They'll be a threat in January.
Delhomme is finally getting it together. And our defense didnt do too badly today. Of course our key is the REAL smash and dash (sorry TEN) DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football