U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who gets the Lombardi trophy?
Arizona Cardinals 58 46.40%
Pittsburgh Steelers 67 53.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:42 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,432,027 times
Cardinals got robbed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,524,815 times
I only wished they played the last 5 minutes first so I didn't have to sit through the rest of the game! I'd also been mad if I was the one paying for those commercials....Super bowl commercials use to be Super....now they are alright at best IMO.

The 'Cardinals' were trapped in the 'Steel' cage for most of the game but they did manage to get out and 'fly' a few times late but in the end the 'Steel' cage closed in on them! ...Just think if the Cardinals played the Ravens.......that Super bowl would have been for the birds!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 AM

245 posts, read 387,834 times
Anyone else feel like it was a forward pass and not a fumble?

And not to even take a look at it? Come on.....

Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,143,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I think you got to give some credit to the Pgh D for stopping Fitz in the first half.

I am sure they wanted to get the ball to him. They had to at least try to run the ball.
All they have to do is throw it towards the end zone corner and let Fitz jump and catch it, and he will 80% of the time. The coaching staff should have come up with multiple variations of ways to free Fitz, because his was the only position where they had dominance. If you run deep crossing patterns with Fitz and Boldin, and send the other receivers short or medium, if Fitz is doubled, then someone is open.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,233,425 times
Yes! It was totally a forward pass. My husband and I were 100% on that! His arm WAS FORWARD! Glad someone else is upset LOL

I didn't really care who won (I find myself always rooting for the team that's behind at any given time) but I would have loved it if the Cards had actually gotten to play their last play.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,069,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
All they have to do is throw it towards the end zone corner and let Fitz jump and catch it, and he will 80% of the time. The coaching staff should have come up with multiple variations of ways to free Fitz, because his was the only position where they had dominance. If you run deep crossing patterns with Fitz and Boldin, and send the other receivers short or medium, if Fitz is doubled, then someone is open.

On paper it sounds nice and easy, the problem is the QB has to have time to go through his progressions and read the field to find that open man. Pittsburgh does a fantastic job of disguising thier coverage so that the QB cant make a great "pre-snap read". The pass rush was giving Warner little time to survey the field so he had to dump off to his check down or hot reciever.

If he catches it 80% of the time the other 20% could result in INT's.....

Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 AM

423 posts, read 863,074 times
Did anyone else have their TWC HD box reset at about 7:15 last night? I had paused the start of the game to get our munchies ready and I lost lost like 20 minutes of recorded playback. I was not happy.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM

635 posts, read 1,793,377 times
A great game to be sure. I am a Steelers fan, but also would have felt great for Arizona if they could have won.... given their history and Cinderella story.

But to have the game come down to a handful of key plays in the last minutes of the game, after a hard fought prior 3 quarters, makes for great football.

Both teams earned that game! Someone always has to win, which means someone has to "lose", but I think both teams were winners last night. Congratulations to both for a great Super Bowl, perhaps one of the best ever.

Al

Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 AM

67 posts, read 228,927 times
Dansdrive, what a nice way to put it. luv it lol. STEERLER NATION!!!! wowwwww yayyyyyyy!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM

3,494 posts, read 5,678,076 times
Last Card play was a fumble, ball come loose while armw as cocked back. Great comeback by the Cards, but the comeback king Big Ben did it once again! (just once I would like to win by 30 in the playoffs so I don't risk a heart attack lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football