Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Is it safe to come in here and engage in friendly banter?

Texans fans do not understand the concept, Steeler fans get all "holier than thou," and Ravens fans didn't respond.

I am not seeking trash talk, just some friendly banter.

So, is that ok here, or are you Jet fans opposed to it?
Toxic, sure can. I don't know how much you can engage us though since we are all still in shock over last nights game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
Toxic, sure can. I don't know how much you can engage us though since we are all still in shock over last nights game.
Fair enough.

I will come back on Wednesday.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:33 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Fair enough.

I will come back on Wednesday.
Before you do, would you please tell Peyton to take that stick out of his backside? Those Sony commercials of his are getting really irritating. It's like watching a younger version of Al Gore.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
What game was shocking? The league's #1 defense shutting down a team and the #1 run offense scoring hardly is

Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
I am not in shock of the game last night. The Jets had a lot of things going against them. Short week, travel across the country, rested opponent etc......

All those things and they still won the game. I just want 1 request. Put in Shone Greene as our full time back. Aside from the 4th and 1, T Jones isn't getting it done (IMO). Ride the hot hand and the powerful back.

The colts do not scare the Jets. Rex will have them believing again....

Just like the Chargers game, this one is winnable IF the Jets can execute their game plan like they did later in the Chargers game....

Oh yeah, I love also how all the "experts" on ESPN, CBS pregame, etc. got their prediction wrong....

Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I am not in shock of the game last night. The Jets had a lot of things going against them. Short week, travel across the country, rested opponent etc......

All those things and they still won the game. I just want 1 request. Put in Shone Greene as our full time back. Aside from the 4th and 1, T Jones isn't getting it done (IMO). Ride the hot hand and the powerful back.

The colts do not scare the Jets. Rex will have them believing again....

Just like the Chargers game, this one is winnable IF the Jets can execute their game plan like they did later in the Chargers game....

Oh yeah, I love also how all the "experts" on ESPN, CBS pregame, etc. got their prediction wrong....

I think the Jets can win if we continue to play smart football. We were calm and smart while Chargers AND Bengals were frantic and impatient. The more the clock ran the more the opposing team was scared. I mean besides that short punt in the fourth quarter we didnt make much errors. I think we have to outcoach Jim Caldwell.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Jet fans, anybody coming to Indy for the big game?? I hope the weather will be good for some good ole tailgating!!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Congrats to the Jets and their fans. I was happily surprised to see them win. It was a good game, and the team played well. Chargers choked.

Best of luck on Sunday!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Jet fans, anybody coming to Indy for the big game?? I hope the weather will be good for some good ole tailgating!!
I wish....

Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I think the Jets can win if we continue to play smart football. We were calm and smart while Chargers AND Bengals were frantic and impatient. The more the clock ran the more the opposing team was scared. I mean besides that short punt in the fourth quarter we didnt make much errors. I think we have to outcoach Jim Caldwell.

I thought just about every Charger shown on the sidelines in the 2nd half looked rattled, you could see it in their eyes. Perhaps they took the Jets a bit too lightly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football