U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 PM
 
2,222 posts, read 2,875,783 times
Reputation: 765

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Cromartie's mouth has certainly generated plenty of headlines, and of course all the Patriot fans are smirking about it. But let's be honest: that has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen during the game. This season, the Jets pushed the Patriots around in one game, and the Patriots pushed the Jets around in the other. So they're 1-1 against each other, and whoever plays the better game will win the rubber match, no matter what anyone says about anyone else.

You'd like to think more fans were above the professional wrestling mentality, but they go out of their way to prove you wrong over and over again.


Keep lying to yourself. Ask the Steelers safety if he wasnt made a target in that game after talking smack. Or the Chargers of the last few seasons. I would hardly say a 28-14 loss is the same "pushing around" as a 45-3 a s z whopping. Not even in the same ball park. The score could actually have been in the mid to high fifties had the pats not pulled the plug late in the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Hoping to settle down.
19,628 posts, read 15,334,569 times
Reputation: 16048
Let's just say the Jets put their foot in their mouth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,676 posts, read 6,828,651 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Let's just say the Jets put their foot in their mouth!
Pun INTENDED, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 PM
 
15,046 posts, read 17,877,222 times
Reputation: 43555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Cromartie's mouth has certainly generated plenty of headlines, and of course all the Patriot fans are smirking about it. But let's be honest: that has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen during the game. This season, the Jets pushed the Patriots around in one game, and the Patriots pushed the Jets around in the other. So they're 1-1 against each other, and whoever plays the better game will win the rubber match, no matter what anyone says about anyone else.

You'd like to think more fans were above the professional wrestling mentality, but they go out of their way to prove you wrong over and over again.
Fred314X is right. Everyone can flap their yap, but it still comes down to blocking and tackling. And playing 60 minutes of solid ball, error free ball. And controlling the ball!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 AM
 
3,219 posts, read 5,260,478 times
Reputation: 1837
Sorry Jets lose 42 -10.

Maybe the Jets should play barefooted, it might help add some extra points.

Pats are the better team, lets all stop pretending while a Boston Massacre will be witnessed on national TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Somewhere East of Laramie
43,761 posts, read 30,961,529 times
Reputation: 19757



GO GREEN!


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
 
15,046 posts, read 17,877,222 times
Reputation: 43555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Fred314X is right. Everyone can flap their yap, but it still comes down to blocking and tackling. And playing 60 minutes of solid ball, error free ball. And controlling the ball!
The Jets did just that. Give them credit. 28-21 Jets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
 
15,533 posts, read 13,755,599 times
Reputation: 8069
Congrats to the Jets. I'm glad the Patriots got knocked off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
 
3,219 posts, read 5,260,478 times
Reputation: 1837
All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Great job JETS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,430 posts, read 30,556,351 times
Reputation: 38346
Welcome to Pittsburgh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top