Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 AM

248 posts, read 700,907 times

Advertisements

At this point, their best offensive strategy at this point which gives them the best chance of winning:

Punt or kick a field goal (even if it is 60 yards away). But before doing so, take a knee 3 times if ahead in score or if it makes sense.

They would be better off just trading/firing their entire offense and just get defensive players only.

Seriously, I've seen amateur teams managed better than this.....abomination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Yes. Especially if his name is Mark Sanchez. The team doesn't want him there. The fans don't want him there. If he finally decided he doesn't want to be there then a way can certainly be found through" just leave" that is mutually acceptably between the team and the player. Before the fans drop an anvil on him or something.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4
I think you are kind of delusional. The Jets owe him millions of dollars. He isn't just going to "go away".

Old 08-26-2013, 07:10 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I think you are kind of delusional. The Jets owe him millions of dollars. He isn't just going to "go away".
If he wants to have a long-term career in the NFL he will. He's already burned this bridge. His career in NY is over and has been over for a while now, and if Sanchez doesn't realize this then he's the one who's delusional. Now his actions dictate whether anyone else is going to be willing to take a chance on him. If he's not willing to play ball and work with management to find an equitable solution then that's going to warn other teams off of him too, why take the chance? And then, before you know it, the only team willing to sign him will be the Patriots, in one of their "Let's spite the Jets" signings of former Jets.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
If he wants to have a long-term career in the NFL he will. He's already burned this bridge. His career in NY is over and has been over for a while now, and if Sanchez doesn't realize this then he's the one who's delusional. Now his actions dictate whether anyone else is going to be willing to take a chance on him. If he's not willing to play ball and work with management to find an equitable solution then that's going to warn other teams off of him too, why take the chance? And then, before you know it, the only team willing to sign him will be the Patriots, in one of their "Let's spite the Jets" signings of former Jets.
He is garbage. The whole world knows it. He isn't getting another big contract. He will stick out his contract unless the Jets release him. At best he will be a back-up after the Jets.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
Quote:
ok, time to ressurect this thread. Sanchez is down with an injury, Garrard is history. Plans A, B, and C at QB are now buried, most likely. We have Smith, Sims, and maybe McElroy available. Smith supposedly has some sort of talent that he's shown someone. Sims has got leadership and a rocket arm, admittedly shown in garbage-time. McElroy has actually played in the NFL, and didn't suck. Clearly this is a rebuilding year, and we may as well give up on the playoffs right now. So which of these three do we throw to the wolves as the initial starter for the season? Do we throw Smith into the deep end and see if he figures out how to swim? Do we throw Sims out there and see if he plays any better than Smith or Sanchez have? Do we throw McElroy out there and give Smith and Sims a chance to learn how to play before playing? One thing about Sims is that at least he spent a lot of time working with an actual NFL Super Bowl QB. Of course, that was his dad, so no telling how much he actually listened...

And how quickly should we put Sanchez on injured reserve so he gets the hint that he should just leave? Assuming the outright cheering when he went down last night wasn't a strong enough hint, anyway...
I'd like to see Simms playing more for sure.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
NYJs are among the league's worst teams but still get more publicity (Ryan, Sanchez, etc) on ESPN than most other teams. Time to give the NYJ a rest until they figure things out and fix their team - come back to them when they're a playoff contender again. Otherwise, the rest of the nation doesn't care.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Bucs fan here going up to week 1.

Is it a bad idea to wear a Bucs Revis jersey? I'm going with a Jet fan and he says it might be alright, as some fans up there still love Revis. Figure as long as I'm not acting like an idiot I should be ok right? lol

I expect some heckling and yes I have a thick skin.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:40 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Bucs fan here going up to week 1.

Is it a bad idea to wear a Bucs Revis jersey? I'm going with a Jet fan and he says it might be alright, as some fans up there still love Revis. Figure as long as I'm not acting like an idiot I should be ok right? lol

I expect some heckling and yes I have a thick skin.
you a gator?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times
I can understand the lack of chatter in here... this time is in shambles it's pathetic... I'm sure they'll have a 6 - 10 season.. get a top 5 - 7 pick and waste it like usual.

This year's QB crop is going to be way better than last years... so to waste that one pick on Geno is still a head-scratcher.

Anyway.... this Saturday will be my first trip to the new Stadium at the Meadowlands... Penn State is playing Syracuse this weekend.. looking forward to checking it out and seeing a PSU victory! =)

Old 08-29-2013, 08:10 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you a gator?
I did not graduate from or attend UF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football