Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times

Advertisements

Exactly. Uh America invented this sport. Us and Canada are the only teams that play football. At least i know. there is no definite team. It was about time when someone asked that question. Then for soooooo many people voting for no such thing ade me laugh my butt off. The only states that i noticed that called the Cowboys America's team was Oklahoma, Texas (of Course), and i believe New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Jazzy Jeff...are you a Bills fan? If so, why in the heck did they move the games to Toronto? I don't understand that.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Jazzy Jeff...are you a Bills fan? If so, why in the heck did they move the games to Toronto? I don't understand that.
To be honest i hate the International thing with Toronto. I am against it 100%. Ralph Wilson said it was a way to boost our teams rep up and increase marketability. the Way i see it is a way to embarrass the team nationally and internationally. Cuz we got our butts handed to us against Miami in Toronto. Apparently the Bills may move to Niagara Falls. Some random guy proposed the idea and now the legislature may offer the idea to Ralph Wilson.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
To be honest i hate the International thing with Toronto. I am against it 100%. Ralph Wilson said it was a way to boost our teams rep up and increase marketability. the Way i see it is a way to embarrass the team nationally and internationally. Cuz we got our butts handed to us against Miami in Toronto. Apparently the Bills may move to Niagara Falls. Some random guy proposed the idea and now the legislature may offer the idea to Ralph Wilson.
I've actually been to Orchard Park and seen the stadium (I'd say it's kinda strange having your stadium in the middle of a neighborhood, but the Cowboys will be doing the same thing next year) and I wouldn't think it'd be right to move the Bills away from where they are. And really, I couldn't imagine ANY one of our teams moving to Toronto or any other city in Canada.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
I've been to the stadium several times in Orchard Park myself to see some games between the Bills and Steelers. I think the Toronto idea was stupid myself.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Actually, it was the Cowboys themselves who came up with America's Team, back in the early 1960s. Nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:54 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
A seven-year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama this week when he challenged a court ruling over whom should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Yeah i love my Bills, I would love to see them finally win a Super Bowl, and get to gloat, adn brag, and what what the teams that have won do. But Ralph Wilson is a ninety some odd years old and he doesn't care about them anymore. The team has talent, but we need a COACH, not an offensive coordinator, not a defensive coordinator, a COACH. Somebody like Bill Cowher, and he respects Buffalo. Not as much as Pittsburgh but he likes us. My dad told me that when the Bills left the Rockpile and move to Orchard Park, a guy created a nice big wooden sign that said "Welcome to the Home of the Orchard PArk Bills" and he put it right at the border of Buffalo, and Orchard Park. Police told him to remove it, and he refused till they threatened to arrest him. But he did it because he wanted them to stay in Buffalo.

Also heres an idea, send the Bills out and hire the Jills, da Cheerleaders lol. they'll do better. At the rate the Bills are improving lol

Nice 1 George. +1

Old 02-05-2009, 02:56 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
A seven-year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama this week when he challenged a court ruling over whom should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
This was funnier as a Detroit Lions joke a few weeks ago.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
Ya'll may as well get over the fact that the Cowboys will always be America's Team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football