Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
But the Cowboys have one of the largest, if not the largest fanbases in the entire NFL.
I think you are wrong on this claim. I believe the Steelers have the largest fanbase in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They are probably the most marketed team, most loved, and most hated team in teh NFL.
I do agree with parts of this--yes, the cowboys probably are the most marketed team in the NFL. Most hated--doubt it. Most loved--only by some Texans! There are many Texans who don't cheer for the cowboys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I think you are wrong on this claim. I believe the Steelers have the largest fanbase in the NFL.
I don't think there's a way to prove either.....

Quote:
I do agree with parts of this--yes, the cowboys probably are the most marketed team in the NFL. Most hated--doubt it. Most loved--only by some Texans! There are many Texans who don't cheer for the cowboys!
Half of those Texans who don't cheer for the Cowboys are just some of the MANY implants from other states who come here. The other half are either Texans fans, bandwagon hoppers, or there's just something wrong with them.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I don't think there's a way to prove either.....

Half of those Texans who don't cheer for the Cowboys are just some of the MANY implants from other states who come here. The other half are either Texans fans, bandwagon hoppers, or there's just something wrong with them.
Yeah Right. The last time the Cowboys went to the playoffs was 16 years ago and thats not including the wild card games.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,480 times
Steeler fans are everywhere!! I went to the Titans/Steeler game in Nashville back in Dec. and I would guess that about 40% of the place was Steelers (including me!)

Old 02-17-2009, 06:37 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Yeah Right. The last time the Cowboys went to the playoffs was 16 years ago and thats not including the wild card games.

Um, I have no idea how to correct you on that one, but I know there's a way.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Um, I have no idea how to correct you on that one, but I know there's a way.
Yeah Ok

Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Yes; and I did forget one. I used to have a neighbor that a HUGE Cowboys fans. I could here him yelling when Tony Romo fumbles the field goal in the playoff game against the Seahawks.

It should be noted, that neither Dallas or Pittsburgh are in the Midwest; and the Steelers fans I know, have never been within 100 miles of the Pennsylvania border. The point being that it is hard to accept a team as America's Team when you only know one fan; and another team, the Steelers, has more fans.
The way it is judges is if you went all over the country to every stadium or around that town what team would have fans everywhere? I'm a Steelers fan so I love this but I still think there are more Cowboy fans across the country but we'll gladly accept it to stick it to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football