Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Cutler doesn't trust his new coach.

I don't blame him.

I guess it doesn't matter that he signed a contract? It appears that in our bright, shiny new 21st century world, contracts mean nothing the minute you decide you don't like the situation. Suppose Denver holds him to that legal document? What's he gonna do...sit around and pout, refusing to play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
It's now just a matter of when, not if. Cutler will be leaving Denver. I think both sides fumbled this one but at least the Broncos management were making an attempt. Cutler doesn't return calls to the coach and owner for 10 days.

Cutler is a very good quarterback. He lucked into the pro bowl last year as the voting was done after week 13. He will be under a ton of pressure to perform this year and I don't know if he has the headiness to handle it.

Look on the bright side Jay, that Kleenex endorsement deal can't be too far away!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:22 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I guess it doesn't matter that he signed a contract? It appears that in our bright, shiny new 21st century world, contracts mean nothing the minute you decide you don't like the situation. Suppose Denver holds him to that legal document? What's he gonna do...sit around and pout, refusing to play?
Kind of like when Bowlen fired Shanahan while he was under contract? It goes both ways. If Denver was so concerned about his contract, they wouldn't have been looking to trade him.

Why **** off your starting QB by lying to him about wanting to trade him? Now all Cutler has said is that he wants to get traded. Broncos wanted to trade him, he wants to be traded, I don't see how the blame for this falls on Cutler.

To run a successful business you can't have disgruntled employees.

Denver made their own bed on this deal.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
I just want to see the clause in the contract that says "we cannot discuss trading you"

Cutler is a cry baby! He needs to end up in Detriot with no O-line so he can get crushed and see just how good he had it in Denver. 10 days of blowing off the Coach and the Owner....class guy. Buyer beware

Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Per today's Denver Post, Cutler is as good as gone. Excerpts:

- Jay Cutler, the Broncos' star quarterback, is all but gone. Frustrated at what he perceives as Cutler's unwillingness to communicate, Bowlen announced Tuesday that he has given his front office permission to begin the process of trading Cutler.

- "Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by head coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful," Bowlen said in a statement. "A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Bronco's."

Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Denver is going to look back at this as the worst mistake in their franchise history. Cutler is going to a very successful QB somewhere.

Denver is going to be in the crapper for a looooong time. If I were a Broncos fan I'd be pissed.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 04-01-2009 at 02:31 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
trust me, we ARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Denver is going to look back at this as the worst mistake in their franchise history. Cutler is going to a very successful QB somewhere.

Denver is going to be in the crapper for a looooong time. If I were a Broncos fan I'd be pissed.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Washington looks like the front runner but I don't know why Chicago doesn't jump in.With their defense,a guy like this on offense might really push this team.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Or Minnesota... wtf are they thinking? Brad Childress says he's in great shape at QB with Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosefelds at QB? Is he serious????

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Coach Childress is in great shape if he doesn't want to be a head coach in Minnesota, I guess. On the Bronco thread I had 10 clubs picked to go after Cutler's services, with the Vikings being one of them. I have a hard time believing either of these two quarterbacks taking them very far. Just my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football