Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,812,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwineFace View Post
According to the Sporting News, the state of Texas has contributed high school players to 61 Division One schools. The next highest is California followed by Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Carolina and Missouri
I am surprised by Missouri..wow, didnt know they had that many athletes...I played hs football in the state of alabama and cant believe we are not on that list!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Spade

That was a good, very educated post. You were clear and stated fair points. You have a lot of great knowledge and I totally respect you. Glad to see someone who can have a discussion and not just beat their chest without any support other than, "we will kick your a$$."

The time will come when Oregon puts all the pieces together, stays injury free and steps into the limelight and sees if they can win a NC. Some are thinking this year or next, but who knows?

While I will agree Oregon doesn't stop your passing game, I feel UT doesn't stop Oregon's offense either. The only team who did all year was USC, and UT's defense is not even close to SC's. Yes, Cal beat us in a monsoon, but our qb Masoli was fresh out of JC when he was thrown into the mix due to injuries. So, by the end of the year, the Duck's offense was clicking on all cyclinders. The reason I feel UT doesn't stop Oregon is simple, Oregon is built to look for the run first (their strength) and then look for short, quick passes that UT had trouble defending all year with those young dbs. We had 2 1,000 yard backs (Thunder and Lightning) and a qb that is built like a bowling ball. Now, UT stopped OU, MU, and OSU, but none of those qbs are a threat to run. Missouri wasn't even that great last year and had a very, very weak running game. Robinson is really not a runner. And Bradford can't run either. On the other hand, Masoli can run, and pass. He was the #1 qb out of JC throwing for over 3,000 yards and winning a JC championship. So, he can definitely pass. Only OU had two backs that ran for over 2,000 yards. Big XII spreads are passing spreads and do not use the qb as a runner.

Here is a taste of what Oregon's offense is all about. This was against a Top 15 defense. I just love watching Oregon State get punked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDU_jAcmkS8

I will say this as my final little tidbit. No way does UT stop Dennis Dixon and the Ducks in 2007, no way. Yet, in 2008, we ran for more yards, passed for more yards, had more points, and did it all in less time. So, that offense last year was difficult to stop.

Good Luck to UT and I hope they crush OU this year. I will be going to my first RRS up in Dallas this year. I'm totally pumped to watch a good rivalry.

Last edited by Acuda; 06-07-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Robinson is really not a runner.
He rushed for 847 yds with an avg of 6.1 in 2007.

He's a pretty good runner, jes sayin.

We had two very good 1,000 yd rushers last year, **Texas** held us to 48 rushing yards.

OSU tore **Texas** up on the ground with one REAL good RB.

Go figure.

Looks like this years Holiday Bowl is going to be much anticipated from the looks of these posts, I'm sure looking forward to a rematch of the 2000 Holiday Bowl, should be fun guys. LOL!

Back to the OP, in 2007 Union went to Canton (OH) and smoked McKinley, I don't think that they are that good. I know Jenks and Union are not heading out of state this year.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:31 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
He rushed for 847 yds with an avg of 6.1 in 2007.

He's a pretty good runner, jes sayin.

We had two very good 1,000 yd rushers last year, **Texas** held us to 48 rushing yards.

OSU tore **Texas** up on the ground with one REAL good RB.

Go figure.

Looks like this years Holiday Bowl is going to be much anticipated from the looks of these posts, I'm sure looking forward to a rematch of the 2000 Holiday Bowl, should be fun guys. LOL!

Back to the OP, in 2007 Union went to Canton (OH) and smoked McKinley, I don't think that they are that good. I know Jenks and Union are not heading out of state this year.
Got to love football trash talkin.'

**cough, cough** I must be choking on overconfidence.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:53 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Right back at ya, Acuda. And you are lucky to get tickets for that game.
Quote:
Let me guess, you're a Choke U fan. How about beating teams with a pulse when it matters the most outside of conference championship games. Losing 5 BCS games in a row can be only accomplished by ZerOU. Your oline will be talented but inexperienced and Texas will hand you the 4th loss in the last 5 years come October 17. You will also lose in Lubbock for the 3rd straight time. If anything, you are the ones that will be in San Diego come late December.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Right back at ya, Acuda. And you are lucky to get tickets for that game.

Let me guess, you're a Choke U fan. How about beating teams with a pulse when it matters the most outside of conference championship games. Losing 5 BCS games in a row can be only accomplished by ZerOU. Your oline will be talented but inexperienced and Texas will hand you the 4th loss in the last 5 years come October 17. You will also lose in Lubbock for the 3rd straight time. If anything, you are the ones that will be in San Diego come late December.
Yep 3 out of the last 4 is right. Remind me how do we have 3 Big 12 Championships in a row then? Something about choking? yep. Lubbock in 08, Aggies at home in 06, Lubbock again in 02... LMFAO.

You gotta make it to the big ones to lose the big ones.

**Texas** drops one this year in Stillwater, mark it. **Texas** always finds a way NOT to make it to the CCG. LOL.

OU---------6
**Texas**-2

OU---------7
**Texas**-4

Maybe someday you'll catch up.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Texas has the lead in the RRS by double digits. Texas beat you last year, so save the BS about not making it to the Big XII champ game because the rules beat us not you.

Sorry I also didn't realize OU fans measured their seasons on the results of the Big XII Champ game. I guess thats what makes us Texas fans different we like it when our team WINS it's bowl games.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Yep 3 out of the last 4 is right. Remind me how do we have 3 Big 12 Championships in a row then? Something about choking? yep. Lubbock in 08, Aggies at home in 06, Lubbock again in 02... LMFAO.

You gotta make it to the big ones to lose the big ones.

**Texas** drops one this year in Stillwater, mark it. **Texas** always finds a way NOT to make it to the CCG. LOL.

OU---------6
**Texas**-2

OU---------7
**Texas**-4

Maybe someday you'll catch up.
Texas may drop one this year in Stillwater. However, you'll drop one in Dallas and you'll drop another in Lubbock. You also may have a problem in Lawrence this year. But get use to losing four out of five.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Texas has the lead in the RRS by double digits. Texas beat you last year, so save the BS about not making it to the Big XII champ game because the rules beat us not you.

Sorry I also didn't realize OU fans measured their seasons on the results of the Big XII Champ game. I guess thats what makes us Texas fans different we like it when our team WINS it's bowl games.
Not since the fortys. (RRS/RRR) And OU has won more bowl games than **Texas**, just so you know.

If you're happy winning the toilet bowl every season, fine with me.

OU wins championships, so yeah, all I care about is winning the Big 12. You should to IMO. Then you take it from there.

So you'd be pissed if *Texas* played in half of the BCS NCG in a decade? (after this year OU will have, LOL) Didn't think so, and they didn't, OU did (will have, LOL). I'll take OU's success in the 2000's over *Texas* toilet bowl success any day of the week, you're lying if you say different.(you probably will though, LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Texas may drop one this year in Stillwater. However, you'll drop one in Dallas and you'll drop another in Lubbock. You also may have a problem in Lawrence this year. But get use to losing four out of five.
We aint losing in Lubbock. Our toughest games are in Dallas X2 (UT and BYU) and in Lincoln. I think even Baylor is a sleeper in Norman. Lawrence won't be a problem. We go to Miami, host Tulsa, along with BYU on a neutral site. Our OOC is very tough. I won't be shocked if we do go to the Holiday Bowl, wouldn't be the first time. LOL.

We play ALOT of bowl teams this year and are probably going to have one of the toughest schedules in the entire league (FBS and Big 12).

I mean, really, on paper, OU shouldn't win their 4th Big 12 title in row this year.

You guys should be the cream, I'm jes sayin you always lose games you shouldn't lose in conf., we wait until January to lose our big ones. LOL

Why you guys going so far off topic?

Oklahoma HSFB > **Texas** HSFB. LOL

Last edited by nevergoingback; 06-07-2009 at 10:48 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
Not since the fortys. (RRS/RRR) And OU has won more bowl games than **Texas**, just so you know.

If you're happy winning the toilet bowl every season, fine with me.

OU wins championships, so yeah, all I care about is winning the Big 12. You should to IMO. Then you take it from there.

So you'd be pissed if *Texas* played in half of the BCS NCG in a decade? (after this year OU will have, LOL) Didn't think so, and they didn't, OU did (will have, LOL). I'll take OU's success in the 2000's over *Texas* toilet bowl success any day of the week, you're lying if you say different.(you probably will though, LOL)

First , this is a funny tactic you OU fans use. You have the more wins since a certain year. How cares since when, we have the most wins in the series history.

Yes I am happy when Texas beat OU every year, you are a rival. However when you say win championships again you win BIG XXI championships, which isn't our ultimate goal. Again we like to win the Bowl game as well. Speaking of Bowl games I suggest you look at your history as Texas had 24 Bowl wins as does OU, so you don't have more wins, Nice try

Whats funny is when Texas wins National Championships we do it without having all the NCAA put us on probation. Why did Switzer leave again? Because he had his players doing coke, and anything else they wanted. Great symbol right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football